The Alloa Athletic Thread

On 26/03/2024 at 14:36, Rory said:

Handy it's right outside my work (I think anyway, assuming it's in the same place I picked up my season ticket!) so I might pop in before I head up to the Recs on Saturday.

It looks like it would be a good choice for one of the segments on A View From The Terrace.

31 minutes ago, BigMartyn86 said:

It looks like it would be a good choice for one of the segments on A View From The Terrace.

Was in today , Excellent display . well done john glencross .

Wonder if we could knock something similar up in tribute as well 🤣. Pretty good April fools from Stenny

Reminded me about the old Alloa fan website the duffle from the early 2000s.

On 01/04/2024 at 09:41, Rory said:

Wonder if we could knock something similar up in tribute as well 🤣. Pretty good April fools from Stenny

Reminded me about the old Alloa fan website the duffle from the early 2000s.

We could get a version inspired by Jack Ross' cardigan 🤣. Also think Stenny done one similar to this last year and it actually received a lot of like and they ended up releasing it as limited edition 

JS96702710.webp

Edited by LoganAAFC

52 minutes ago, LoganAAFC said:

We could get a version inspired by Jack Ross' cardigan 🤣. Also think Stenny done one similar to this last year and it actually received a lot of like and they ended up releasing it as limited edition 

JS96702710.webp

Home and away kits sorted for next season, make it happen Pendle

Remember seeing it mentioned a while ago but on the Dunnottar Retro Football Shirts who do a few Alloa ones. Wondering if anyone else has purchased from them and if so how is the quality?

Screenshot_20240403_121306_X.jpg

Edited by LoganAAFC

I ordered one but then they emailed me saying they changed servers so I needed to pay again so left it and asked for a refund. Seen a few negative reviews about the quality of the tops too

Think next two games are probably the most important for our playoff place. 

Hamilton have nothing to play for and Falkirk will probably be aiming for an unbeaten season (unless someone beats them in the next few games obviously!)

On 03/04/2024 at 12:14, LoganAAFC said:

Remember seeing it mentioned a while ago but on the Dunnottar Retro Football Shirts who do a few Alloa ones. Wondering if anyone else has purchased from them and if so how is the quality?

Screenshot_20240403_121306_X.jpg

I posted this the last time too but anyway, I bought a couple from them a while ago. They aren't exact replicas of the old shirts but the quality is fine. They both took ages to arrive though and obviously some of the reviews online are mixed. I'd use them again but order at your own risk! 

And even more randomly, a wee bit of Alloa history from 100 years ago in case anyone is interested:

https://waspshistory.blogspot.com/2024/04/jock-stirling-untimely-passing-of.html?m=1

22 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

Luke Rankin in great form at East Stirlingshire, the run (and finish) for the second goal is class

That's what I was thinking. Scores plenty in the box but that's a really quality way to start and finish to a move.

40 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

Luke Rankin in great form at East Stirlingshire, the run (and finish) for the second goal is class

17 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

That's what I was thinking. Scores plenty in the box but that's a really quality way to start and finish to a move.

Terrific stuff from Luke. Definitely had something about him when he got game time at Alloa and the loan to the Shire appears to have been a good move.

Let's see how he fares in pre-season/ early cup games.

1 hour ago, Kevchenko said:

Great seeing Luke do so well this season. Feel the 'Shire are a great club for young SPFL loanees. Feel when Luke made cameos for us all he was lacking was experience so all of his work this season is only a good thing for us next season, same for Nathan Cannon and Reece Mullin who are all away on loan to lower league clubs which again only a good thing for them to get game time as well as experience