The Alloa Athletic Thread

Barry's still staring out from the top edge of the official site like the ghost at the feast.

Please change it soon, someone; I'm starting to feel like he's balefully blaming me for the way the season's gone :shutup

I think it's a good appointment, he has a solid track record and knows all about managing a part-time club. The team will be in need of a lift after their non appearance in the final on Sunday and they might well get another hammering tomorrow night but he inherits an excellent set of players. The 3 home games will be decisive If he is to keep us up this sseason but hopefully a steady long term appointment regardless of where we end up this season.

I see the Cowden fans have gone from weeks of anguish and despair to getting their cigars out as they enjoy the play offs from afar. A rather excitable bunch.

I think it's a good appointment, he has a solid track record and knows all about managing a part-time club. The team will be in need of a lift after their non appearance in the final on Sunday and they might well get another hammering tomorrow night but he inherits an excellent set of players. The 3 home games will be decisive If he is to keep us up this sseason but hopefully a steady long term appointment regardless of where we end up this season.

I see the Cowden fans have gone from weeks of anguish and despair to getting their cigars out as they enjoy the play offs from afar. A rather excitable bunch.

Cigars aren't out yet. It's only one win against a very poor team. Still can't believe we've got a chance of getting out of this without going through another set of play offs.

Got to say that I'm incredibly surprised and slightly puzzled as to why Lennon has taken the Alloa job; I can only imagine that he was perhaps afraid of becoming a forgotten man like Billy Stark had he stayed on as the Scotland U21 coach. His stock is reasonably high following St Mirren's implosion after his departure so I'm struggling to see what has enticed him to take on a job where an immediate relegation is a distinct possibility and at a club who are already arguably punching above their weight in this division.

Absolutely nothing against Alloa, may I add, and Lennon is one of my heroes but just find it a strange appointment from his perspective.

Got to say that I'm incredibly surprised and slightly puzzled as to why Lennon has taken the Alloa job; I can only imagine that he was perhaps afraid of becoming a forgotten man like Billy Stark had he stayed on as the Scotland U21 coach. His stock is reasonably high following St Mirren's implosion after his departure so I'm struggling to see what has enticed him to take on a job where an immediate relegation is a distinct possibility and at a club who are already arguably punching above their weight in this division.

Absolutely nothing against Alloa, may I add, and Lennon is one of my heroes but just find it a strange appointment from his perspective.

Maybe a case of just wanting to get back in somewhere, been out of the game for 11 months bar his short stint with the Scotland under 21s.

The longer your out of things the more chance that your forgotten about.

Cigars aren't out yet. It's only one win against a very poor team. Still can't believe we've got a chance of getting out of this without going through another set of play offs.

Still have the feeling that Livi will close the gap and make it a three way struggle for 9th and 10th.

Still have the feeling that Livi will close the gap and make it a three way struggle for 9th and 10th.

I think this will be the case....

Massive game for us on Saturday at home to Dumbarton, also hoping Cowden take nothing from Raith tonight, a Cowden win would be a disaster as I cannot see us taken anything apart from a good doing at Tynecastle.

I think Lennon is a superb appointment, people questioning why he would take it. There are not may jobs in this country that Lennon would get, certainly maybe only a few top flight and a handful in the Championship, so Alloa is a good place to build a rep, keep us up, or bring us up next season, as if we go down I am sure we will have a good budget for the division.

Aye, we're going down now, barring tactical miracles from Danny Lennon. Too many dropped points, and every answer to the goalscoring problem has weakened us in other areas. We're effectively bottom, and it's deserved now. Hope to Christ we can hold onto players like Ben Gordon and Ryan McCord for next season.

No excuses for failing to win on Saturday, considering that Raith and Dumbarton appear to have downed tools since their Championship places were confirmed. Let's not go down with a whimper.

Aye, we're going down now, barring tactical miracles from Danny Lennon. Too many dropped points, and every answer to the goalscoring problem has weakened us in other areas. We're effectively bottom, and it's deserved now. Hope to Christ we can hold onto players like Ben Gordon and Ryan McCord for next season.

No excuses for failing to win on Saturday, considering that Raith and Dumbarton appear to have downed tools since their Championship places were confirmed. Let's not go down with a whimper.

Or maybe we've finally found the selection and formation we should have been playing.

I think we'll struggle to hold onto players like McCord and Gordon if we go down.

Realistically I think we'll keep:

McDowall

Tiffoney

Docherty

Marr

Simmons

Flannigan

Holmes

Buchanan

Layne

Spence

Or maybe we've finally found the selection and formation we should have been playing.

I think it's a combination of both. Had Raith had won on Saturday they would have played a much different team and formation tonight. We have had a helping hand.

Well, I can only go by what Cowden fans such as yourself have been saying all season.

There's a few of you laddies could use mood stabilizers; months on the verge of suicide and suddenly you're all over other folks' threads again gie'in it laldy, even before tonight's win. Get down the doctors, for Christ's sake :P

I think we'll struggle to hold onto players like McCord and Gordon if we go down.

Realistically I think we'll keep:

McDowall

Tiffoney

Docherty

Marr

Simmons

Flannigan

Holmes

Buchanan

Layne

Spence

Think we'll do well to hold onto Liam too, sadly. He's attracted plaudits even in games in which we've never looked like scoring.

Hope Tiffers gets more game time next year - always entertaining to see the wee shagger's bandy legs ripping about the pitch.

Well, I can only go by what Cowden fans such as yourself have been saying all season.

There's a few of you laddies could use mood stabilizers; months on the verge of suicide and suddenly you're all over other folks' threads again gie'in it laldy, even before tonight's win. Get down the doctors, for Christ's sake :P

We have been utterly dreadful all season. Playing 4-4-2 when the manager was the guy that switched us to 3-5-2 last season and kept us up playing good football. 4 across the middle means we get over-run and destroyed as has happened so many times this season. Even the 4-5-1 he used reduced us to tears as we then had no attacking threat. Dropping our best defender constantly, even though he brought him to the club. Playing players constantly out of position and watching them be utter garbage because they were always caught out positionaly.

As soon as he stopped all that the defence has shored up and not been destoyed by top half teams and we've comfortably beaten bottom half teams.

We'll do our best to keep you in the hunt by beating Livi at the weekend. It's not game over yet but we're in a helluva strong position. f**k knows how after the season we've had to endure.