The Alloa Athletic Thread

Wouldn't begrudge Rice leaving for a full time job if QoTS did come in for him but wouldn't want to see him go.

Playing people out of position is a bit annoying but I like his approach to the game and his style of football. I like that he's always looking for 3 points.

Hoping we can put in a better performance against Kelty on Saturday and keep up the chase for playoff place.

7 minutes ago, Rory said:

Wouldn't begrudge Rice leaving for a full time job if QoTS did come in for him but wouldn't want to see him go.

Playing people out of position is a bit annoying but I like his approach to the game and his style of football. I like that he's always looking for 3 points.

Hoping we can put in a better performance against Kelty on Saturday and keep up the chase for playoff place.

Yeah, I still like him overall.

The switching positions thing is just weird, considering that it's the first thing Hamilton fans warned us about, so it's not just a circumstantial necessity.

14 minutes ago, Rory said:

Fairly sure he's not going to Queen of the South, it's not in their MO to spend money buying out contracts and I don't think Kenny Brannigan has fond memories after his time in charge. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/13461781

Was just thinking about your question the other day. There is now a PPV - https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/product/ppv-kelty-hearts/

Had forgotten the 31st December was no blocked hours.

1 minute ago, Vegetableman said:

Depends what is in the contract , he may have an option if a full time offer comes along ?

I don't know but I doubt it. We've made money in the past due to successful managers and it would be daft to allow them to go to a direct rival while contracted just because they're full time for free.

8 minutes ago, Alloa 68 said:

Any news on Tommy Hutchison attending,after the postponed Falkirk game?Would have been great meeting him.My father loved watching him play.

On 20/12/2022 at 22:51, Mr Magic said:

That’s great, I’m glad you enjoyed the book. Shame the game was off on Saturday. I believe Tommy is now coming to a cup game against Falkirk in January. 

On 28/12/2022 at 17:41, LeodhasXD said:

Fairly sure he's not going to Queen of the South, it's not in their MO to spend money buying out contracts and I don't think Kenny Brannigan has fond memories after his time in charge. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/13461781

And yet, we bought out Gary Naysmith's at East Fife and Gavin Skelton's at Workington. 🙄

I've not the slightest clue if we're interested in Brian Rice or he's interested in us, and the level of compensation might well be a factor even if we were, but it certainly doesn't cast iron rule it out.

I'm assuming you are conscious Brian Rice and Kenny Brannigan are different people.

20 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

And yet, we bought out Gary Naysmith's at East Fife and Gavin Skelton's at Workington. 🙄

I've not the slightest clue if we're interested in Brian Rice or he's interested in us, and the level of compensation might well be a factor even if we were, but it certainly doesn't cast iron rule it out.

I'm assuming you are conscious Brian Rice and Kenny Brannigan are different people.

Every penny  we have should go on trying to improve the squad not paying out  compo when there are many good  managers availble 

Happy new year to all the wasp supporters out there. 
Any idea when the first signing will be announced, thought it was already a done deal?

If it’s a left sided defender I still think we need a defensive midfielder, striker and someone who can create (tall order I know) as the last few games this has been an issue even though we are still scoring.

Im sure others will have different opinions but we definitely need the boost of fresh faces.

21 hours ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:

Happy new year to all the wasp supporters out there. 
Any idea when the first signing will be announced, thought it was already a done deal?

If it’s a left sided defender I still think we need a defensive midfielder, striker and someone who can create (tall order I know) as the last few games this has been an issue even though we are still scoring.

Im sure others will have different opinions but we definitely need the boost of fresh faces.

Morgyn Neill from cove 

33 minutes ago, printer said:

No problem. Taggs will cover for that.

And Stanger. Spent his whole afternoon doing that on Saturday.

Would be a very solid signing and is quite revealing regarding our current options IMO. 

Edited by KierenAAFC

49 minutes ago, IR1970 said:

Morgyn Neill from cove 

Morgyn is a thoroughly good guy and a very solid, meat and potatos defender at this level. As Jim Duffy always said, he was a defender who loved to defend. He really attacks dead balls and was a real threat from them for us too mind you.

Pair him up with someone who can play a wee bit more and I reckon he'll be a good addition for a team wanting to get a bit more solid at the back.

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Pair him up with someone who can play a wee bit more and I reckon he'll be a good addition for a team wanting to get a bit more solid at the back.

Again, George Stanger perfect description. Would love the same back line for a run of games: Taggart, Stanger, Neil, Church.

You know we love the Ex-Sons. 

Can throw Vinnie in to the mix too when fully fit.