The Alloa Athletic Thread

As far as I can see there's not been any mention of a caretaker manager. I'm assuming that it will be Paddy Connolly for Saturday, or that we're going to have the new manager confirmed in the next few hours.

57 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

The klaxons have sounded and we've done an emergency podcast following last nights news.

We talk some of the highs and lows of Rice's reign before firing out some potential names for the job.  about how wonderful Steven Buchanan is.

https://waspsnest.buzzsprout.com

FTFY

12 hours ago, AJ77 said:

Reported in Daily Record that Darren Young is a big contender, surely he wouldn't leave Stirling for there Rivals!!

I would be absolutely stunned if he did. If he left to go Full Time then fair enough, but surely as a manager, Stirling to Alloa would be something of a sidewards step??

Young’s never struck me as a controversial type guy so I don’t see him being interested, despite being held in high regard by the Alloa fans.

Darren Young was offered the job in the past when he was Albion Rovers manager but Rovers wanted a mental compensation fee at the time. He's done a really good job at Stirling but similarly I'd be pretty surprised if he ups sticks and leaves his current gig for Alloa now.

13 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

I would be absolutely stunned if he did. If he left to go Full Time then fair enough, but surely as a manager, Stirling to Alloa would be something of a sidewards step??

Young’s never struck me as a controversial type guy so I don’t see him being interested, despite being held in high regard by the Alloa fans.

It would be, it's only a few miles to the East.

On 10/11/2023 at 16:11, pencils said:

See Dunbar have tweeted a link selling tickets to the Scottish game saying they expect a sell out. Anyone know if there's an allocation for us to buy somewhere? 

I don't think they do segregation - Will get my stuff for the Scottish cup out after this weekend but buy from here for your ticket. 

https://app.fanbaseclub.com/Fan/Tickets/SelectType?fixtureId=4531

5 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

First back to back league wins of the season 👏. Moving along nicely with a few winnable games upcoming.

Any "famous" faces spotted in the crowd today doing some "spectating"?

Never noticed anyone but Cove improving too it seems , next game between us will be interesting  ..

2 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

Never noticed anyone but Cove improving too it seems , next game between us will be interesting  ..

We've starting to tighten it up defensively and undoubtedly passing it around / building better attacks with the return of Fraser Fyvie. Ex-Wasp Michael Doyle looks an astute signing at RB.

Roy 4 in 4. At Airdrie he always looked very capable of taking chances and definition a player that scores lots of different kinds of goals. Good business. New manager incoming within the week you think? Hopefully continues the run.

I'd really like the window to open in December rather than January as I'm sure would others as we need strengthening in a few areas. Granted we signed more than the cast of Ben Hur this summer.

Looking forward to the Wasps coming to Balmoral in mid-December. Should be a competitive game as you say.

11 hours ago, thestorytobetold said:

Brian is a good guy, didn't really get fair shake at managment with Clyde - no backing and no funds. 

Perhaps supporting his old team mate Kurtis.

Yes, I think an unrelated visit to the vacancy. 

If he was watching Kurtis, he would've been delighted. Another top drawer performance. 

23 hours ago, Polarbear said:

Too much of a coincidence that Robertson left ICT the same day Rice went to Livi.

Didn't he used to stay in Tillicoultry? so may have family ties in the area.

Robertson lived in Alloa during his playing days for Hearts . He did live in Tillicoultry also in later years