The Alloa Athletic Thread

Sorry i am forgetting all the games Holmes has bossed and ripped the opposition and his prolific 2 goals in 65 Championship games over the last 2 seasons.

The guy has been a great servant to the club and by all accounts is a great guy which for some means automatic hero status, but we have had nothing from the midfield for a couple of seasons now (neither McCord or Holmes scored a league goal last season), Holmes has been an integral factor of this, not on his own granted but surely a signal that a change in direction is needed. In my opinion he has become less effective as time has went on and would be surprised if is a regular next season, lets face it Lennon benched him for the most important league game of the season last season so that tells its own story.

On refelection Gash a bit harsh but we need better if we are to compete, just my opinion offcourse.

Sorry I forgot Holmes is some prolific 20+ goal a season striker and here was me thinking he was a holding midfielder aswell. Holmes isn't there to score goals he is there to bring a link with defence-midfield and now and again the attackers and he does that very well. It's the little things that matter and Holmer does them all, I am in no means saying he has hero status but he would be in my starting 11 9/10 games.

Lennon benched him for the most important league game of the season last season so that tells its own story.

What about the fact the same Lennon has signed him on again?

Or the fact Holmes has generally been an ever-present in the starting line up for the last two years?

Or the fact Holmes has generally been an ever-present in the starting line up for the last two years?

This. Holmes can fit perfectly into a Simmy-esque role but can also if needed play much higher up the park always providing a link between positions. He can also mop anything up if it comes his way.

Or the fact Holmes has generally been an ever-present in the starting line up for the last two years

Aye thats my point, yes he has been an ever present,we have done great to survive that last couple of seasons but thats all we have done, twice by the skin of our teeth, surely you can see we need a new approach, we all have our own opinions, mine is that at this level we need a lot more from the midfield and i dont think Holmes is capable of upping his performances.

Yes Lennon has signed him on again but he has also signed Eddie again so its not really an argument is it, but if Holmes plays an integral part this season in a relatively succesful side which i sincerely hope is the case then i will gladly eat humble pie

Aye thats my point, yes he has been an ever present,we have done great to survive that last couple of seasons but thats all we have done, twice by the skin of our teeth, surely you can see we need a new approach, we all have our own opinions, mine is that at this level we need a lot more from the midfield and i dont think Holmes is capable of upping his performances.

Yes Lennon has signed him on again but he has also signed Eddie again so its not really an argument is it, but if Holmes plays an integral part this season in a relatively succesful side which i sincerely hope is the case then i will gladly eat humble pie

So you're expecting more than too survive "by the skin of our teeth"?

Sorry i am forgetting all the games Holmes has bossed and ripped the opposition and his prolific 2 goals in 65 Championship games over the last 2 seasons.

The guy has been a great servant to the club and by all accounts is a great guy which for some means automatic hero status.

I'd say Holmer is quite a quiet guy who keeps himself to himself- not the type to banter away with the supporters really. Don't think I've chatted to or conversed with Holmer anymore than a handful of times during his entire spell at the club, and I don't know of anyone who's any different. No hassle at all with your opinion stated (I actually rate Holmer and the job he does for the team) but I don't think anyone's view is clouded by the fact that he's one of the players who chats away and has a laugh with the fans- if that's what you're getting at. If you aren't then I'm not really sure why you've mentioned it.

With the Wasps staying in the division, & Sevco/Hibs etc being there, is MM doing any further upgrading of the Recs whilst there's a bit more cash around?

Edited by kiddy

Brora, eh? Had a feeling that was coming. I wouldn't have expected anything less than a win from last year's side, but DL's really going to have to hit the ground running with the new-look squad to get us past this. Even if we end up having another good year, I wouldn't be surprised if they put us out.

Then again, I am a miserable shitehawk.

Edit: forgot to be'jesus.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

With the Wasps staying in the division, & Sevco/Hibs etc being there, is MM doing any further upgrading of the Recs whilst there's a bit more cash around?

The railway end needs a good bit of work. I'm surprised health and safety allow it to be used when the big teams visit.

For the game tomorrow, do Edinburgh city fans get the proper away end, or are you splitting main stand?

Considering going along haha.

Would imagine that the railway end will be closed. Proper death trap that.

Apart from that it will be stand or sit wherever the feck you like.

For the game tomorrow, do Edinburgh city fans get the proper away end, or are you splitting main stand?

Whole stadium will be open with no segregation if last year is anything to go by

You must be bored?