The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

A big plus about this signing is he's had a full pre-season with Celtic and should be ready to go straight into the squad for tomorrow. 

I'm yet to be convinced by GMS, but he's certainly got bags of skill and decent pace. Never got much of a chance at Celtic, but never really took his opportunities when he got them. Any word on the fee, if there was one? 

He should be a success. Offers something different to what we already have. With him in the squad, I'm also not sure we'll need Maloney. Wright should be enough to fill that role in the squad IMO. 

6 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

A big plus about this signing is he's had a full pre-season with Celtic and should be ready to go straight into the squad for tomorrow. 

I'm yet to be convinced by GMS, but he's certainly got bags of skill and decent pace. Never got much of a chance at Celtic, but never really took his opportunities when he got them. Any word on the fee, if there was one? 

He should be a success. Offers something different to what we already have. With him in the squad, I'm also not sure we'll need Maloney. Wright should be enough to fill that role in the squad IMO. 

Unrelated to GMS but if you believe The Sun (I know) the Aberdeen bid for Moult that was rejected is now £350k. That's it moved from £250k per STV to there being 2 bids rejected per The Sun (£250k and £400k) until Burrows confirmed that there had only been one official bid and it fell well short of Motherwell's valuation. If the £350k rejection is true and it's clearly a big if then you'd think it'd be somewhere around the £650k we're supposed to have got for Johnson that we're aiming for.

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Unrelated to GMS but if you believe The Sun (I know) the Aberdeen bid for Moult that was rejected is now £350k. That's it moved from £250k per STV to there being 2 bids rejected per The Sun (£250k and £400k) until Burrows confirmed that there had only been one official bid and it fell well short of Motherwell's valuation. If the £350k rejection is true and it's clearly a big if then you'd think it'd be somewhere around the £650k we're supposed to have got for Johnson that we're aiming for.

It's fair that Motherwell are looking for that much, Moult's a better player than Johnson IMO. Moult's probably not worth that much to us though. 

I wonder if our dealings with Celtic this summer have meant they've been a little generous to us here in terms of fees. I've heard that McInnes has had this one in the pipes for a while, and asked Rodgers about his availability early in the summer. 

2 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

It's fair that Motherwell are looking for that much, Moult's a better player than Johnson IMO. Moult's probably not worth that much to us though. 

I wonder if our dealings with Celtic this summer have meant they've been a little generous to us here in terms of fees. I've heard that McInnes has had this one in the pipes for a while, and asked Rodgers about his availability early in the summer. 

Quite possibly. It's probably helpful that Celtic have a pretty bloated squad that they're trying to trim down after Deila tried to sign every attacking midfielder going. Bargains to be had etc.

With the signings Aberdeen have made so far Tansey, Christie and GMS then it's a strong side even more so if Maynard can show the sort of form that got him his move to West Ham. Add in a good centre half and I'd imagine you'll more than match last season.

Lewis

Logan Some C**t O'Connor/Reynolds Considine

Tansey Shinnie (C)

Christie McLean Stewart/GMS

Moult/Rooney

Even if we don't secure Moult, which I really hope we do, the first XI is shaping up nicely. Especially pleased with the options from middle to front, and with Wright hopefully stepping up to fill Pawlett's role in the squad from last season. Maynard most likely an upgrade on Storey, too - assuming the latter is on his way out, of course.

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

Quite possibly. It's probably helpful that Celtic have a pretty bloated squad that they're trying to trim down after Deila tried to sign every attacking midfielder going. Bargains to be had etc.

With the signings Aberdeen have made so far Tansey, Christie and GMS then it's a strong side even more so if Maynard can show the sort of form that got him his move to West Ham. Add in a good centre half and I'd imagine you'll more than match last season.

It's the lack of continuity that bothers me. After the squad we've had the last few years, its hard to feel to confident with that level of turnover in the squad, although I know most other teams do it most seasons.

14 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

More than generous I'd guess. I wanted £500k+GMS+Christie for Hayes and although Christie is only a loan weve ended up far better than that.

I even wonder if the £150k is actually £0

More than generous I'd guess. I wanted £500k+GMS+Christie for Hayes and although Christie is only a loan weve ended up far better than that.
I even wonder if the £150k is actually £0

How much did we get for Hayes? I've lost track. I reckon there's some money laundering going on here.

We just need to punt Ciftci to you now. £100,000 we'll give you to take him :lol:

I like the look of this Aberdeen side, a couple more and you could be stronger this season.

Good luck for tomorrow, hope you boys can take a good lead over to Bosnia.

The Times reporting we're still working on bringing Moult and Kari Arnason in.

Arnason still just seems like pure speculation but I would love him to come back.