The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 minutes ago, bpdon said:

Deep sigh. That’s 17 points from our last 36. Our next 6 league games include Celtic x 2, Livingston x 2, Hibs and St Mirren. I don’t feel confident about our form improving any time soon.

Sadly he's not able to turn it around. These are his players. 7 years in we should look a lot better than we do.

I miss ambitious Derek. Don't have much time for this 'keep myself in a job' incarnation.

Just now, Rodhull said:

Not that it's a recent development  but the attacking options available for the rest of the season are looking grim to say the least.

He doesn't trust Bruce. That's fair enough but we should never have signed Main. There wasn't a fan who understood it at the time.

5 hours ago, CCB19035 said:

Why can't you answer the question? It's relatively simple, if you had to hazard a guess, what would your answer be? 

Obviously, it should go without saying, that not every Rangers fan is as described. I have close friends who are ****, and know many more due to their unfortunate prevalence in the North East. 

Why are both old Rangers, and new Rangers, so hated? 

Morelos for starters

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

He doesn't trust Bruce. That's fair enough but we should never have signed Main. There wasn't a fan who understood it at the time.

Absolutely. Main has probably worked out a little better than most expected whilst still being pretty rubbish. 

I can understand Edmondson going as having three target man types seemed fairly pointless but if he's not going to play Anderson then there really is no plan B up front if/when Cosgrove and or Main aren't working.

Just now, Rodhull said:

Absolutely. Main has probably worked out a little better than most expected whilst still being pretty rubbish. 

I can understand Edmondson going as having three target man types seemed fairly pointless but if he's not going to play Anderson then there really is no plan B up front if/when Cosgrove and or Main aren't working.

Yeah exactly. Looking at the fixtures I can't feel positive about it either.

We need something in. 
Doesn't sound like we have a chance based on Cormack's comments.

Given the attacking options, we risk sleepwalking our way out of the top three, when it suddenly goes from four qualifiers to guaranteed group stages. Maybe Livingston will end up being a bigger threat than Hibs at this rate - and the next three games are huge.

However creative they need to get to give the team a better alternative as the lone striker, they need to make that happen or it could cost a hell of a lot more in lost revenue further down the line.

2 hours ago, bpdon said:

Deep sigh. That’s 17 points from our last 36. Our next 6 league games include Celtic x 2, Livingston x 2, Hibs and St Mirren. I don’t feel confident about our form improving any time soon.

I think, at least hope, there will be more excitement when most of those six teams try to beat us which will give an increased chance of win/loss after weve had three 0-0's in the last five

9 minutes ago, d31 said:

I think, at least hope, there will be more excitement when most of those six teams try to beat us which will give an increased chance of win/loss after weve had three 0-0's in the last five

We're going to sit back and just play counter attacking balls btw

Yeah, hopefully Livi will have a go over the next two games. They did against Celtic so I'd think they will against us as will Hibs. Should make the games a wee bit better to watch than the last few weeks.

I cant see pay at the gate fans or away fans being allowed this calendar year.

I cant see crowds being allowed without enforced social distancing.

It's a very very bleak outlook for the top clubs eg the clubs who cant accommodate their normal crowd with 1m social distancing

55 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Not surprised given the talk in recent weeks. Only surprised that there's only been talk of us and Kilmarnock looking to do it so far. Would imagine a lot of clubs will likely have to.

The state of the **** in the comments.

There's a reason they're after Scott Wright.

28 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

The state of the **** in the comments.

There's a reason they're after Scott Wright.

Hope some of them from here don't see it going by how not fussed about us they repeatedly assure us they are.

Edited by Rodhull

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

Not surprised given the talk in recent weeks. Only surprised that there's only been talk of us and Kilmarnock looking to do it so far. Would imagine a lot of clubs will likely have to.

I would fully expect all the clubs to be looking into this. Just we are being open and transparent about it where as others will not be.

11 hours ago, CCB19035 said:

Why do you, as a Rangers fan, think your club is universally detested by non Rangers fans up and down the country? 

Scott Wright is a supposed Aberdeen fan, a North East loon moving to Rangers. It's sickening. It's only something someone who has an involvement in their local club would understand, which is why you'll see guys like Jamie Masson on Twitter, a *** from Fraserburgh, struggling to comprehend why it would anger people. 

When I was a kid, I hated Rangers and Celtic and Dundee United and Hearts and Hibs etc cause they were our rivals and that was it, you don't think about it as a kid, it just is what it is. 

As an adult, the only true hatred that has lasted, is the one for Rangers. I don't like Celtic, but it's something different with Rangers. Everything they stand for, their fans, the entitlement, the Orange kits, the fucking buffoonery that seems to accompany supporting them, they truly are a negative influence within Scottish society. The servitude to the monarchy, the far right political element within the support, the classless statements, all of it. 

The obsession with utilising child sexual abuse to one up their rivals, when the EXACT same thing went on at their club. 

It's not just a football club, it's an institution that has no place in modern society. 

Amen to that, their fans spout  nonsense about how we're not their rivals on the pitch but it's about so much more than that anyway.

The win at all costs, mob rule, bullying attitude, a club that, for the majority of the supporters, represents their deep seated bigoted hatred of another. 

Yet even that is just a facade as the duopoly prostitutes themselves in an attempt to attract people away from their local clubs with the carrot of tainted trophies bought with the crumpled filthy notes that they've squeezed from their moronic hordes, who gladly top up the coffers to show how 'loyal' they are to Queen and club with season ticket sales and an oversized rag of red, white and blue. 

Oldco and the phoenix are just a scam, a Ponzi scheme for Protestant bigots. A indoctrinated, brainwashed mass that tie their own ribbons to the corrupt institution and hope that the 'success' of beating teams with scant resources in comparison will rub off into their own pishy feral existences. 

And we've still won more European trophies than them. Not bad for a "Diddy" club eh? 

Edited by Bogbrush1903