The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Winning a Scottish Cup isn't easy ya p***k. I'm calling you a p***k for Dundee FC related reasons.

Aye you were unlucky in your last final.

Was it not that wee c**t Novo who scored? Little rat.

2 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

He hasn't even won the BIG cup.

They would be better binning him and geting someone with the pedigree of winning a real trophy like Tommy Wright.

Yeah, let’s win the big one and be muddling between top and bottom six. Whoop dee f*ck*ng doo.

This situation reminds me a bit of mid 90s Hibs.

A long serving manager playing football seen as boring (Miller) left to be replaced by the latest hot managerial talent (Duffy) who got Hibs relegated.

All managers have a shelf life I suppose. I just wonder who would improve Aberdeen right now.

As awful as the attacking play has been to watch, i'm almost more surprised at all the sloppy goals we've given away. McInnes's teams have always had great focus and rarely offered gifts so were always very consistent and hard to beat. This run of games has seen as throwing daft goals away nearly every game. No idea what changed mid season, but where the back 3 once looked solid as a rock, it now looks more like the awful 3 at the back experiments of many pre-Mcinnes years

This 100%.

The whole ‘entertaining football’ thing is nice - but nothing is more fun for your team than winning - and if that means having the ability to $hitfest and close out a game then I’m fine with that.

I’m maybe a bit messed up in that I hate losing goals more than I enjoy us scoring - and this goes back to my Skovdahl, Paterson, McGhee era trauma and my fear we could easily going back to that woefully soft centre. Saying that I’m now forgetting what us scoring feels like, and just expecting not to.

McInnes I think needs to get back to basics with a back four - get some minutes into McGeouch and the new strikers - and start getting a tune out of others who are out of touch right now.

He did have us playing bonnie stuff earlier in the season, and circumstances seem to have conspired somewhat horribly against him there with the demise of the Watkins-Wright-Hedges triumvirate, which was backed up by a formation that suited the players at the time.

Would still rather persist and see where we are in the summer with regards to changing things.

4 hours ago, Kyle said:

£17,500 per week. Wow. How long is left on his contract? Paying off that contract to get rid of him will be painful. 

You know for certain that is the actual amount that he is paid? Is that his basic wage? Are there bonuses to be paid on top of that? How much of that is taxed? 

Shouts for Wright, Robinson, Goodwin and the likes just make me laugh.

If we're gong to change then for fuvk sake let's think outside the box please.

We need someone to come in that will not fear the arse cheeks and play as if we're beaten from the start.

Who fits the bill ?

No idea to be honest but then that is the job of the board not the fans 

7 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

We need someone to come in that will not fear the arse cheeks and play as if we're beaten from the start.

You might also need someone who can work on a more limited budget than DM has been used to, certainly for a couple of seasons anyway. 

Aberdeen lost some potent striking options due to a combo of transfers and bad luck, were forced into last minute loans and it showed yesterday - which is hardly the managers fault.

If I had a criticism of DM yesterday it was in trying to crowbar the Ferguson/Mcrorie/McGeough formation in, the only one that looked recognisable was Ferguson. Mcgeogh was dragged to his left far too often to influence the match and - one shot aside - Mcrorie was ineffective.

DM is suffering what Ross was a few weeks ago - working out his best formation. It took JR a few weeks and a few new players to sort it.

I dont see Cormack removing him before the end of the season, not least because any new manager would still only be able to pish with the cock he was left by DM................

Who fits the bill ?
Goodwin is the only manager to have beaten both cheeks of the old firm this season [emoji13].

He'll go onto much bigger and better things than us but he is still very much learning on the job. I agree that he is not ready for the Dons, yet.

24 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Who fits the bill ?

:lol:

“We need someone who doesn’t have an existing reputation who will come in and regularly beat teams that are better than us. Who is that man? That’s not my fucking job!” 

Since the 3-3 Celtic game where things all started to fall apart for one reason or another the league results have been;

P16, W5, L5, D6

We've failed to score in seven of those games. It's mid table form which is exactly where we're heading.

In this season of all seasons it was so important to get 3rd. Hibs have invested heavily in their squad and should really be under greater scrutiny if they don't finish there.

The reason we have such high (recent) expectations is because of McInnes himself, that shouldn't be forgotten. I just feel fresh ideas are now needed. The longer it goes on, the uglier it's going to get, unfortunately.

11 hours ago, Willie adie said:

No the diela celtic and lennon side this year were up for taking on  but mcinnes did his usual and shat it. 

Wild.

Desperate to punt off your most successful manager in decades because you're absolutely obsessed with the Old Firm.

Absolute NAP this time next year you're still not near them (hint: it's probably because their ability to spend is about 40x times higher than Aberdeen. Livingston are closer to you in terms of spending than you are to either of them), and you'll be greeting about how much of a "shitebag club" Aberdeen are.

14 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

In this season of all seasons it was so important to get 3rd. Hibs have invested heavily in their squad and should really be under greater scrutiny if they don't finish there.

I am sure we are looking for third, but our budget is still smaller than Aberdeen, despite having signed Cadden etc.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wild.

Desperate to punt off your most successful manager in decades because you're absolutely obsessed with the Old Firm.

Absolute NAP this time next year you're still not near them (hint: it's probably because their ability to spend is about 40x times higher than Aberdeen. Livingston are closer to you in terms of spending than you are to either of them), and you'll be greeting about how much of a "shitebag club" Aberdeen are.

If it’s time for him to go then is because he’s beginning to take us on a downward trend, not because it’s time to reach the next level. 

Anyone thinking that if we just employ a ‘good’ manager well suddenly ascend to a new level of greatness is kidding themselves.

6 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I am sure we are looking for third, but our budget is still smaller than Aberdeen, despite having signed Cadden etc.

Maybe at the beginning of the season but I'd be very surprised if it was the case now.

Hibs basically have two good players for every position and the CM options, in particular, would get into most teams in the league. Only two main strikers though and it's been fortunate I suppose that they've both been fit for the most part