The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

Is this not the same gallagher that bossed mitrovic against serbia? Bizarre that this is seen as anything other than a positive signing

He's been very average for us this season. Caused agro over his contract. 

While he was doing very well for Scotland he was utter balls for Motherwell. 

Fair to say Woods is a better passer than Lewis? I thought he looked a lot more comfortable with the ball at his feet than Lewis tends to. Lewis still the better goalie, but might as well have a decent backup who can play the way we want.

47 minutes ago, SamuraiJock said:

Fair to say Woods is a better passer than Lewis? I thought he looked a lot more comfortable with the ball at his feet than Lewis tends to. Lewis still the better goalie, but might as well have a decent backup who can play the way we want.

I genuinely wasn't too impressed with Woods distribution. Looked like he was finding targets through luck more than anything else. Has a bit of the Clangers about his technique.

Lewis is decent enoguh with the ball at his feet. He just wants far too much time to set himself.

3 hours ago, Aufc said:

Is this not the same gallagher that bossed mitrovic against serbia? Bizarre that this is seen as anything other than a positive signing

What's more bizarre is to call judgement based on one game as you've apparently done here. 

Remember there was a suggestion that Roy Aitken signed the World Cup semi finalist, Iliyan Kiryakov based on his performance for Famagusta on Gascoigne when they played Oldco. 

What Aitken didn't take in account was the player's off field antics and how he looked after himself. 

I'm not saying Gallagher won't look after himself fitness wise, but I'm drawing parallels about judging a player based on a performance in a big game.

Nor am I saying Glass hasn't done due diligence on Gallagher and if he thinks he's right for Aberdeen then fair enough. 

I'm primarily talking about Gallagher's character when I say that I have concerns about him. I've no doubt he is around the same standard of player as Ash Taylor, Andy Considine and Tommie Hoban. 

Having said that, I would be interested to know from the Motherwell fans if he's slow or quick running wise? 

Edited by Bogbrush1903

50 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

@RandomGuy. Stat attack please.

Tbh, CBs are almost impossible to fairly "rate" through figures. The fact most sites have Shane Duffy as a very good performer says it all tbh.