The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Listening to the ABZ Podcast. Adam Rooney the guest, an enjoyable listen. Great character and would love to see him back at the club in some capacity in the future.

Has anyone ever managed to make it to the end of one of their podcasts by the way? Enjoy listening to them but 3 hours is pretty excessive.

5 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Don't think Glass will get the sack if we lose against Motherwell on Saturday. I think he will the next 3 league games against St Johnstone/Motherwell/Dundee United and if we don't pick up too much points then I think he will be gone.  

Season will be over after Saturday. Motherwell have our number this season. 4 shots on target = 4 goals for them against us.

I fear we'll lose the next 4 games in the same predictable manner we've seen all season. 

Interestingly, between Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Motherwell only 1 win out of 20.

12 hours ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

I'd watch a team of Goodwins men. 

Kind of guy who you'd think would inspire confidence. 

Never happening though as he strikes me as the type who'd want autonomy on transfers. 

As long as we have this set up with the amateurs from top to bottom, the quality of coach we'd like to attract won't be coming. 

Goodwin is “the quality of coach” we’d like to attract? Really? Not for me, ever.

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Glass' reign to end the way it started - "fighting"  home defeat to Celtic followed by abject surrender in the cup.

Ninth in the table.

8 points off the play off spot

10 points off automatic relegation

No league wins this year

St Johnstone next week

Finish pre split against Ross County and Dundee

A win next week against St Johnstone and we’re 6th, but let’s be Dons fans and look at the worst case senario.

Forgot to add, if you’re quoting points differentials, 4 points off 4th.

Edited by kingjoey

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

A win next week against St Johnstone and we’re 6th, but let’s be Dons fans and look at the worst case senario.

That's not the worst case scenario, that's stating facts.

Worst case scenario would be me saying See the source image

20 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Season will be over after Saturday. Motherwell have our number this season. 4 shots on target = 4 goals for them against us.

I fear we'll lose the next 4 games in the same predictable manner we've seen all season. 

Interestingly, between Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Motherwell only 1 win out of 20.

Season won't be over if we lose on Saturday. We can still qualify for Europe as we are only 4 points off it. There is still a small possibility of finishing 3rd.

31 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Hope you're wrong. 

Id have sacked him at half time last night. 

From July to February the club has managed to take a fan base filled with excitement and expectation, to utter apathy and a feeling of resentment towards the club they love. 

Blame lies squarely with one man and one man only. 

I agree that first half which he set us up negatively was as bad as I've seen it against Celtic recently. But to give Glass credit he changed it at half time and we put in a great second half performance that is why I think Cormack will give Glass a bit more time. 

12 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

With the 3rd biggest budget in the league. You seem to be a sympathetic sort, which is fair to you as football can bring out the mercilessness in folks. 

Do you think he should continue if we're out of the cup at 1745 on Saturday? 

I do, because I’m not a sensationalist poster. He is not going to get sacked if we lose on Saturday, but he is going to be under greater pressure to get a run of league wins together quickly. By the way, every chance it could be extra time and penalties on Saturday, so your timing might be out by about an hour. 

14 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Might as well start the post mortem now and avoid the shite of the match thread.

conclusions - get him to f**k now. Right now. 

14 hours ago, Iminavest said:

Nobody thought it would work but I think the majority were prepared to give the absurdity if it a chance.

Time to get someone else in before the situation becomes irreversible. I fear Cormacks ego may lead us into a very precarious position. 

14 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

Aye. Glass oot. The experiment has failed.

13 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

A decent 15 minutes is of no fucking use to anyone 

I genuinely fear for us if we sleepwalk into the bottom 6

Hibs 2014

14 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Genuinely concerned we could get relegated this season.

Cormack needs to act now. Theres no excuses for this seasons performance in the league.

FC9YhoIXEAMO6AU?format=jpg&name=small

32 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Forgot to add, if you’re quoting points differentials, 4 points off 4th.

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Glass' reign to end the way it started - "fighting"  home defeat to Celtic followed by abject surrender in the cup.

Ninth in the table.

8 points off the play off spot

10 points off automatic relegation

No league wins this year

St Johnstone next week

Finish pre split against Ross County and Dundee

Hard to close that gap if you're not winning games...

I feel really sorry for Calvin Ramsay, because he’s obviously been affected by both the injury break that he had and whatever has been going on behind the scenes with his transfer speculation. He has already proved he’s a great player, but he’s stopped going on his rampaging runs down the right hand side which he was doing on a regular basis before being injured. I think that we are better defensively when he is not in the side, and I don’t think that full back is his position, but don’t know where is. He has to be left out of the side on Saturday, and I would be starting the same eleven as finished last night, but not convinced that Stephen Glass will though.  McCrorie is important in the centre of defence, but he was immense in the second half at right back. We need McCrorie at centre half, right back and in midfield at the same time.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

They’re still 4 points off 4th, no matter how much doom and gloom you paint the picture with.

At least we'll be no further off 4th come Saturday night.

(Is that cheery enough for you? :))

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

Classy touch from the Livi fans to show their appreciation of such a talented player, even if they’re on the opposing side.

Not even going to lie some folk ended up clapping thinking he was a Scotland player or something :D Genuinely think a few thought he was Patterson which says a lot about some Livi fans

10 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Where we getting these 4 points from Joey?

I always admire Joey’s positivity, I wish I was able to always lean towards the best case scenario 

Sadly it’s becoming clear we haven’t been coached to an appropriate standard this season and the results are consistently confirming this 

Defeat on Saturday and I genuinely can’t see the logic of persisting with Glass

Get a proper manager in to give us half a chance of 4th ffs