The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Top six watch….(well we need to make sure we’re in it at the split to have a chance to qualify for Europe, where 5th could be enough).

This has actually been a relatively productive weekend in that respect, given we never really expected anything from our game.

Hibs and Motherwell failed to win at home to the bottom two. United were leading a Hearts side who had five players carried off and still didn’t win.
Livingston didn’t do their usual job on Celtic.

Only Ross County made a significant leap, and that was at the expense of St Mirren.

Bottom line is we win the next three, we make the top six. Two winnable home matches and a visit to Dens to play a McGhee team - still doable?
I like your positivity Tarapoa, I really do.

If this team weren't absolutely spineless generally, I would say doable. But sadly this team will draw 0-0 with Hibs, not win at Dundee and another draw with County.

Really glad we've not got long left of this season, it's been shite barring Scotland

Football fans.  "We haven't won any of our last 10 but we have excellent grounds for optimism, we only need to win our next 3....."

Was just putting it out there - possibly to try and paint the illusion something could be salvaged from the carnage of this season.

Clearly not happening though !

Aberdeen captain Scott Brown ‘considering his future’ at Pittodrie

I don't have access to the P&J website to read the full article though.

Edit: This is the Sun version of the story - https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8530933/scott-brown-considering-aberdeen-future/

Not too much actual meat to the story but I wouldn't be surprised to see Brown leave over the next few days.

Edited by NorthernLights

25 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Aberdeen captain Scott Brown ‘considering his future’ at Pittodrie

I don't have access to the P&J website to read the full article though.

Edit: This is the Sun version of the story - https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8530933/scott-brown-considering-aberdeen-future/

Not too much actual meat to the story but I wouldn't be surprised to see Brown leave over the next few days.

Would free up a fair wage you’d imagine. 

Wouldn't be a huge miss imo. 

He's had a handful of influential games but has been mainly slow and anonymous. 

Obviously not party to behind the scenes shenanigans but can't see any evidence of his "winning mentality" or leadership qualities. Plenty evidence that he's a WUM and hot headed though. 

If he is on a big wedge he's not justified it. 

19 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Top six watch….(well we need to make sure we’re in it at the split to have a chance to qualify for Europe, where 5th could be enough).

This has actually been a relatively productive weekend in that respect, given we never really expected anything from our game.

Hibs and Motherwell failed to win at home to the bottom two. United were leading a Hearts side who had five players carried off and still didn’t win.
Livingston didn’t do their usual job on Celtic.

Only Ross County made a significant leap, and that was at the expense of St Mirren.

Bottom line is we win the next three, we make the top six. Two winnable home matches and a visit to Dens to play a McGhee team - still doable?

Long shot but I like your optimism. Hopefully can keep the season going in a few weeks time. 

Despite loathing Brown when he played for Celtic I've quite enjoyed seeing him in an Aberdeen jersey, but the logic for him being at Pittodrie disappeared with Glass.  The coaching gig obviously now exists in name only and he doesn't have enough left in the tank to justify a good wage as a player.  I'm not getting much sense of the drive to win we hoped we'd get from him:  he can get up for it for about 1 game in 3 or 4 but other times he looks every bit the veteran going through the motions in the twilight of his career.

I really hoped St Mirren would appoint him as manager, because that would have solved a problem for us.  A parting of the ways would be best for both parties.

Edited by Game of throw-ins

8 hours ago, Game of throw-ins said:

Despite loathing Brown when he played for Celtic I've quite enjoyed seeing him in an Aberdeen jersey, but the logic for him being at Pittodrie disappeared with Glass.  The coaching gig obviously now exists in name only and he doesn't have enough left in the tank to justify a good wage as a player.  I'm not getting much sense of the drive to win we hoped we'd get from him:  he can get up for it for about 1 game in 3 or 4 but other times he looks every bit the veteran going through the motions in the twilight of his career.

I really hoped St Mirren would appoint him as manager, because that would have solved a problem for us.  A parting of the ways would be best for both parties.

From what I've heard it's been a pretty unhappy dressing room for quite some time and a number of the players would be happy to see the back of Brown

From what I've heard it's been a pretty unhappy dressing room for quite some time and a number of the players would be happy to see the back of Brown

Not necessarily a good thing - none of our players having achieved anything like Brown may have found his standards too high/ challenging?

24 minutes ago, scottorae said:

Not necessarily a good thing - none of our players having achieved anything like Brown may have found his standards too high/ challenging?

I’m sure that’s what scott brown will say in his first exclusive to the daily record when he gets out. 

18 hours ago, Game of throw-ins said:

I was more than happy to have Scott Brown in our team for the first 5 months or so, and loved seeing him strutting about the pitch in a Dons strip. But he has definitely become less and less an influence on the team since we have gone on our fairly abysmal run since the new year. Unless he turns things around with his form on the pitch it wouldn’t bother me in the slightest if he left.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I was more than happy to have Scott Brown in our team for the first 5 months or so, and loved seeing him strutting about the pitch in a Dons strip. But he has definitely become less and less an influence on the team since we have gone on our fairly abysmal run since the new year. Unless he turns things around with his form on the pitch it wouldn’t bother me in the slightest if he left.

Absolutely this 

In the first couple of months he looked great and I thought it was an unbelievable coup for us 

He’s been really poor for a while now and it’s best for all that it’s a semi-amicable parting of ways now