The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

That just seems either corrupt or vindictive.  Two-thirds of the 'experts' I have heard commenting on this, including many that played the game, felt it wasn't even a red.

Where on earth does the justification for four games come from? 

Corrupt. They don’t want us finishing third.

Craig McPherson headbutts an opposition coach and receives a 6 match ban. Shinnie wins the ball and receives a 4 match ban. Nicky Clark's challenge at Ibrox is near identical if not worse than Shinnies tackle.

What next? Are they going to ban tackling altogether. Complete farce.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

13 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

That just seems either corrupt or vindictive.  Two-thirds of the 'experts' I have heard commenting on this, including many that played the game, felt it wasn't even a red.

Where on earth does the justification for four games come from? 

Its deemed a frivolous appeal.

Same happened to us with Porteous, so the extra penalty is not exactly a new concept.

I appreciate that you guys may disagree, but plenty on here (inc me) thought it was a nailed on red at the time and appealing was, frankly, pointless.

12 minutes ago, Hibee_Hibernian said:

I assume you were all as angered when they done this for the Porteous red card against you that we appealed last season? There’s been at least 3 reds for almost identical tackles so far this season so there was never any hope of them overturning it. 

Believe it or not, but most of us don't give a flying f**k about Hibs.

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Same happened to us with Porteous, so the extra penalty is not exactly a new concept.

I appreciate that you guys may disagree, but plenty on here (inc me) thought it was a nailed on red at the time and appealing was, frankly, pointless.

I don't think its fair to penalise any player (Porteous/Shinnie) for a failed appeal. Adding an additional match ban is pathetic and makes no sense. 

5 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Well you're just as daft as the Old Firm loving SFA then 👍🏻

Is it not the fact that any appeal that is deemed frivolous or whatever the term is, is automatically doubled. Since he was due a 2 match ban already, it’s been doubled to 4. 

4 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I don't think its fair to penalise any player (Porteous/Shinnie) for a failed appeal. Adding an additional match ban is pathetic and makes no sense. 

4 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Well you're just as daft as the Old Firm loving SFA then 👍🏻

Its 2 for the red, one for the 2nd sending off of the season, and one for the unsuccesful appeal (deemed frivolous to get him back for the weekend).

Either that or I am an SFA shill 

Nick Offerman Smile GIF

5 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Its 2 for the red, one for the 2nd sending off of the season, and one for the unsuccesful appeal (deemed frivolous to get him back for the weekend).

Either that or I am an SFA shill 

Nick Offerman Smile GIF

Shinnie should’ve head butted Malky MacKay. 
He’d only have got two more games. 
Or maybe that’s special treatment reserved for one team. 

1 minute ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Shinnie should’ve head butted Malky MacKay. 
He’d only have got two more games. 
Or maybe that’s special treatment reserved for one team. 

To be honest, Aberdeen fans should be pissed off with Shinnie as much as anyone else - he didnt need to make the tackle in that manner, and (iirc) it was about the 90th min or after in a match you were winning.

Dont disagree on headbutting the racist though........