The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Sorry what was that you guys said? I can't hear you with the sound of the revolving door and all these quality players entering and imposters leaving.

:lol: fair play. Although I’ll be honest, I had long since gone to bed when you posted this. 

6 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Sorry what was that you guys said? I can't hear you with the sound of the revolving door and all these quality players entering and imposters leaving.

Apologies I'm just replying now, I was in bed because I'm an adult. 😉

Fair play though, the club have been a lot more proactive than usual. I'm at the very least not disappointed, we'll have to wait and see how good our new strikeforce is.

Particularly pleased to see we off-loaded that rat 2.0 fucker. From the wording on the AFC site it does indeed imply that Rangers have paid us a fee on top of wiping the McCrorie fee, which seems a lot more likely given the amount we (probably) would have received in compensation. Overall we have made a good deal of money and (on paper) appear to have strengthened. Can't complain, for a change.

Would be nice to see a few pre-contracts getting signed over the coming weeks. As @highland_mechanic pointed out, we're light on defenders for next season, so a great chance to revitalise the defence ahead of our Champions League campaign.

1 hour ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Derek's best January transfer window yet. 

Quite remarkable to have cut the wage bill and still strengthen the squad. 

Fair play the board and all those involved in getting these deals done. 

It is good to see a lot of Aberdeen fans positive after quite a few months of negativity.

Half glass full time with me: all 3 strikers haven't scored a league goal this season (Hendry scored 2 league cup goals). 

If Soccerbase is correct then Hornby hasn't played since September and Kamberi since December so both of them won't be up to to match speed. Hendry been on the bench a lot recently as well so won't be up to match speed either.

On paper all 3 players look improvement on Main, Anderson, Cosgrove. Edmondson looked a good loan signing at the start of the season but was poor when he played although to be fair he is only 19.

Edited by betting competition

7 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Small and petty though it is I noticed the club so far at least hasn’t wished Scott Wright well for the future etc or any kind of pleasantries that you normally get. 

Even Main got that much.

Absolutely the kind of pettiness we can all get behind 

11 minutes ago, betting competition said:

It is good to see a lot of Aberdeen fans positive after quite a few months of negativity.

Come on now, the 0-0 draw in store tonight will bring them back down to earth.

I do my best to remain positive but the strike force of 2 days ago was definitely beginning to wear me down. As I've said a few times I really don't think we're far off being a good side but the front line was a millstone round the neck. I was absolutely fuming on Saturday but I think it's just cumulative frustration of seeing so many component parts functioning except a pretty key one.

Feeling good about things today I must admit.

18 minutes ago, HunterAFC said:

Kamberi's issue at Hibs was mainly falling out with Lennon right? Or was it also because he was made to play wide rather than through the middle...

Bit more nuanced than that.

He can be a decent player if he is allowed to do exactly what he wants.............the issue is that nobody seemed to be able to work out what that was, when playing as CF he really needs ball to feet - and if a cross came in he became very good at jumping under and missing the ball so CF was seen as not being the answer.

His first time at ER he was very good, very popular - when he came back, less so...........there was a bit of an attitude issue (even ignoring that lennon was a tit with him) and he strikes me as a bit immature - that may have changed.

He became hopeless through the middle and was played further wide (which he said he preferred, but he wasnt that impressive there either, his step over routine was sussed out by full backs although it came off once or twice).

I cant really remember what he was like at our good pals in govan, I had lost interest in his career at that point.

3 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

I'm excited, but then I was also excited about Chris Forrester, Nicky Maynard, Stevie May and the return of Kari Arnason.

2 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I was excited when we signed Ben Thornley 

And i was excited when we signed Calvin Zola because I'd heard his name so many times on Sky Sports read out by Jeff as having scored again 😉

43 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Bit more nuanced than that.

He can be a decent player if he is allowed to do exactly what he wants.............the issue is that nobody seemed to be able to work out what that was, when playing as CF he really needs ball to feet - and if a cross came in he became very good at jumping under and missing the ball so CF was seen as not being the answer.

His first time at ER he was very good, very popular - when he came back, less so...........there was a bit of an attitude issue (even ignoring that lennon was a tit with him) and he strikes me as a bit immature - that may have changed.

He became hopeless through the middle and was played further wide (which he said he preferred, but he wasnt that impressive there either, his step over routine was sussed out by full backs although it came off once or twice).

I cant really remember what he was like at our good pals in govan, I had lost interest in his career at that point.

I thought he was okay. He came off the bench a couple of times and really gave us a lift and provided a spark that we were missing.

He started away to Braga. Worked really hard but he got caught offside probably about 7 times that game without exaggerating, although Braga played a very high line which likely contributed.

He was solid enough, although probably not the quality that we needed but that was at a point when we had lost any kind of form in the league so I won't judge him too harshly. Will be a good signing for Aberdeen I reckon.

Edited by AJF

6 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

I think Kamberi will play in the "Wright" role alongside Hedges with either Hornby or Hendry being the focal point.

It is refreshing to see something completely different. We were so predictable and slow

Kamberi won't be playing tonight and Hornby looks quite tall so i think that predictability might continue for at least one more game of hoofball.