The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

I wouldn't argue he did bad as such. He had a choice of making a decent amount go far or sign better quality players. In hindsight it's clear to see he made an issue by not signing many players with resale value. Most were in or about to hit their peak.

He was definitely a short termist

Like others, pretty sure that there are a load of keyboard warriors who will never get back onside with Derek McInnes even if we ended second this season. For the vast majority of fans, 3rd place and at least getting to the  Scottish Cup Final, if it goes ahead which I doubt, would do this season, as it would most seasons for the sensible heads in our support.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, HibsFan said:

I'd be off to support Edinburgh City.

Given that you support a team that has had something like 19 failures posing as manager in the last 10 years, I applaud your take on irony.

Chapeau. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

Derek McInnes won't be gone this summer. He has a year left on his contract and given his salary, we don't have the money to bin him early.

We just have to make our peace with the fact that we have another 18 months of this dross to put up with.

I would like a change this summer as this is dead man walking territory in terms of performances and results. But realistically it ain't gonna happen.

21 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

I don't have an issue with them wishing their mate well in his future career, the issue is that they have to do it publicly. A transfer that they'll know angered fans, so I can't understand why they'd need to be openly liking his move to a rival. This current crop of players are a million miles from what fans want from them, as is the manager. Very rarely can you say a McInnes side has a lack of application, but you can certainly throw that at these lot. 

As for Scott Wright, the Union Jack shite is just to pander to the braindeed hoards that support them. Either that, or part of your medical at Ibrox is to lobotomise players and remove the part of their brain where critical thought comes from. 

f**k knows. They just don't seem to get it. There's heaps of little things in the behaviours of the players, the manager etc, that tell me, as a fan, we aren't going to achieve anything anytime soon. A very, very comfortable manager, and a very, very comfortable set of players. 

I genuinely don't think liking a teammates post about a move is why we aren't winning things.

Ryan Christie liked it. He's won what seems like a million trophies at Celtic.

1 hour ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Derek McInnes won't be gone this summer. He has a year left on his contract and given his salary, we don't have the money to bin him early.

We just have to make our peace with the fact that we have another 18 months of this dross to put up with.

I would like a change this summer as this is dead man walking territory in terms of performances and results. But realistically it ain't gonna happen.

I wouldn’t be too sure about that. Did you read Tom English’s excellent piece on the BBC website tonight? Even the SMSM are turning. 

38 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55939909

First of many such articles?

Tom seems to think the Board are getting restless 

Can it be true that it would take a seven figure sum to terminate the contracts of McInned and Docherty?  I find that hard to believe.

Dons have been dire since McInnes grew that stupid beard - surely thats an easy fix

5 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I think he's been in the position for a while now of not really doing badly enough to be sacked but not really doing well enough to be a serious candidate for 'bigger' jobs - I want him replaced at the end of the season, but I can still accept that he has his merits as a manager. Scottish football isn't highly rated at all in England, and his stint at Bristol City probably won't have helped his reputation down there. If I were guessing, I'd probably say his next job, if he did leave soon for whatever reason, would most likely be a middle to lower Championship team, maybe even upper-end League One. 

I’d have said West Brom once they get relegated, but I think they have new Asian owners so that’s likely a no go now.

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Like others, pretty sure that there are a load of keyboard warriors who will never get back onside with Derek McInnes even if we ended second this season. For the vast majority of fans, 3rd place and at least getting to the  Scottish Cup Final, if it goes ahead which I doubt, would do this season, as it would most seasons for the sensible heads in our support.

I think vast majority is definitely stretching things there, especially if we were to reach another final without winning something. He’s definitely lost a fairly sizeable contingent of the support permanently, no matter what occurs from this point on.

Admittedly, I always thought there was no chance he’d get let go mid-season especially given the current lockdown restrictions, so can’t say I’m reading too much into English’s article despite some of the quotes.

ETA: Wr*ght can get to f**k

Edited by AngusTheBull

1 minute ago, Caledonian1 said:

Can it be true that it would take a seven figure sum to terminate the contracts of McInned and Docherty?  I find that hard to believe.

Dons have been dire since McInnes grew that stupid beard - surely thats an easy fix

If you believe the rumours of McInnes being on £12-£15k/week and add in Docherty’s wage for 15 months or so then you could definitely arrive at over the million pound mark anyway. This would assume they’d be getting the remainder of their contracts paid off in full of course.

FWIW, I’d be very surprised if the upper figures for his basic wage were accurate, though there will be some hefty performance bonuses in there.

The downturn has definitely coincided with him getting greasier as well. If he’s staying he needs to break out the head and shoulders. 

It’s absolutely no surprise that Scott Wright has started using a Union Jack symbol. He’s a Rangers player, what’s he supposed to do. New player needs to fit in. Also zero problem with any Dons player following him on Twitbook or whatever and liking his posts. As someone has already said Ryan Christie has also done it. He’s gone, we all despise him, move on.