Dundee United 2014/15 Season

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clubs like United are selling clubs, that's the reality. Stephen Thompson deserves huge credit for taking United from their debt ridden position of a few years ago to where we are now.

I just think that it would be worthwhile to reinvest some of that money in transfer fees to bring in the right players. McGowan and Dixon are/will be sound signings, not seen enough of Anier to judge but I'm not sure he's the right sort of player for the system that we now use. But we've paid little or nothing for them. That's fine so long as we don't deplete the team completely.

Connolly can step in for GMS but if Armstrong leaves too that's a lot of quality out of the team. Will we be willing to pay to fill the gap, and is it too late anyway?

If Armstrong goes should go for Allan at end of season.

I'd take him back at United in a heartbeat and it reinforces my point on transfer fees. If Hibs aren't promoted (I hope they are along with Hearts) the he won't be staying in the Championship surely.

From GMS to Dougie Imrie? :bairn

Who's going to replace Armstrong? Gary MacDonald?

Barry Robson so the rumour goes. I'm not joking.

If Armstrong goes should go for Allan at end of season.

Hibs can surely offer better wages than United? Can't see them wanting rid of him.

Barry Robson so the rumour goes. I'm not joking.

Hibs can surely offer better wages than United? Can't see them wanting rid of him.

If Hibs don't go up could be a possibility? The guy McGeough looks quite good aswell. With Armstrong going to Celtic that'll push him and even Callum McGregor down the pecking order. Personally think any of the 3 would be good signings tbh.

Maybe so but it would be interesting to see if he has a release clause in his contract. His thinking may depend on who gets promoted this season, if bothHibs and The Rangers are still in the Championship (it can happen) then he may see his future as being stuck in that league for another two seasons.

Given his age, and ability, he may be interested playing at a higher level, winning silverware, playing in Europe, and moving on to bigger things. Mind you I think we would have competition from Aberdeen and possibly Celtic.

Armstrong in my opinion was United's best player by an absolute distance. GMS was the player that could rip ANY side on his day. Without them two, there doesn't look so big a difference between United and the rest of the top 6 and even the rest of the league.

Ciftci is the only one of top quality that remains.

Obviously Telfer and that look like they'll become top talents, but massive blows for United. They seem to be experts in bouncebackability though.

Archived