Sportsound Watch

29 minutes ago, deej said:

What did he say?

He said if there's any contact in the box then its a penalty.

Obviously sometimes it will be a penalty, but contact doesn't necessarily mean it's a penalty.

15 minutes ago, Radford said:

They are focusing on the four clubs chasing the Euro places tonight. The segment on Aberdeen focused entirely on whether or not McInnes should go to Rangers. Panel is MacIntyre, Jackson, Spiers and Wilson. Staunch.

4 deluded Huns,the only difference is these clowns are given national airtime.

Jackson is the Katie Hopkins of the Scottish football media - a reactionary moron.

Spiers deserves respect for not being afraid to attack the Old Firm and in particular, Rangers. He lets himself down when talking about teams outwith the top four as he appears clueless at times.

Kenny MacIntyre gets a lot of stick on here for having the temerity to admit to being a Rangers fan, but I quite like him. He performs his role as the host of the show well. He engages with the listeners on Twitter and can take the stick that comes his way. He is guilty of being overly reliant on guests that don't offer much. The likes of Barry Ferguson and the thick ex-ref Charlie Richmond are awful to listen to.

Edited by Hammer Jag

5 hours ago, Dubford don said:

4 deluded Huns,the only difference is these clowns are given national airtime.

The show should be called "Why the f@ck are Rangers not hammering every f@ucker like we hoped -sound" ..At least the rest of us would find something else to listen to..You would honestly think that being 3rd/ 2nd for a newly promoted team is on par with a relegation battle..

Richard Willson for all his efforts to remain neutral really can't hide the fact he's a Rangers fan can he?  You can just hear the fan in his voice and the frustration when he talks about them.

This whole idea that Warburton not finishing 2nd by a distance is abject failure I find a wee bit insulting I must admit.  Ourself and Hearts are decent sides, I think it's fair to say we especially are capable of going on runs of real consistency and stringing wins together.  I get that they should be competing for 2nd given the money they spend and over time that is likely where they will end up comfortably, but you'd think it was scrapping for top 6 the way they go on.

Agree with that - Wilson can often be a relative voice of reason compared to your reactionaries like Jackson, but every now and again he just lets slip a wee bit. 

Saying that you have this weird scenario in our nation that Dons, Hearts, Motherwell, St Johnstone fans etc in the media can be open with their support - but the gruesome twosome sympathisers somehow need to keep quiet about it, or pretend they support a St Mirren or Airdrie.

Last night's programme was decent discussion, but also gave the impression that if Dons finish ahead of Sevco - then that's all well and good, but McInnes will be off to Govan as a consequence and AFC may as well switch off the lights.  So do all us dandies need to get union flags and red, white and blue scarves for the remainder of this campaign?

Did I imagine this on last night's show or did Graham Spiers name Wes Foderingham as his keeper in a team of the season so far, Keith Jackson name Clint Hill in his, and both of them name Kenny Miller as their sole striker?

Laughable.

Admittedly, Rangers would be nowhere without Miller's goals so it isn't quite as ludicrous a shout as the other two but I'd say for most pundits that aren't massive apologists of a certain disposition, Dembele would be most folk's choice.

Also, that Kenny MacIntyre is a walloper of the tallest order.

In fact, why on earth was I listening to this pish last night...?

This whole idea that Warburton not finishing 2nd by a distance is abject failure I find a wee bit insulting I must admit.

But it appeals to both the "we deserve better" and "let's all laugh at Rangers" sections of the audience .

And that will be most of the audience

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Saying that you have this weird scenario in our nation that Dons, Hearts, Motherwell, St Johnstone fans etc in the media can be open with their support - but the gruesome twosome sympathisers somehow need to keep quiet about it, or pretend they support a St Mirren or Airdrie.

It's not both of them though. It's just the blue bigots. The football media has many openly Celtic but apparently hardly any Rangers. It's such a ridiculous and unrealistic situation that you have to ask why they deliberately hide their allegiance as there is no way they need to do it.

I've often wondered why this goes on and the only reason I could think of is that there are so many of them they are trying not to show the real numbers but then again think, why would they, as they are 'the people' after all and don't give a fuck what anyone else things so why bother and I'm back to being baffled again. It's a weird situation but one that obviously exists.

Did I imagine this on last night's show or did Graham Spiers name Wes Foderingham as his keeper in a team of the season so far, Keith Jackson name Clint Hill in his, and both of them name Kenny Miller as their sole striker?
Laughable.
Admittedly, Rangers would be nowhere without Miller's goals so it isn't quite as ludicrous a shout as the other two but I'd say for most pundits that aren't massive apologists of a certain disposition, Dembele would be most folk's choice.
Also, that Kenny MacIntyre is a walloper of the tallest order.
In fact, why on earth was I listening to this pish last night...?

Was a combined team from Aberdeen, Rangers, Hearts & Saints not toty