Sportsound Watch

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

This 'philanthropists' episode is the strangest twist in the global pandemic since BBC Alba picked up the ladies Bundesliga.

I'm not sure why it was so abhorrent that the SPFL wanted some clarity about mystery investors wanting to hand over multiple millions to the game out of the good of their hearts (no pun intended).

It actually struck me as quite a cheap tactic from Budge to smear Doncaster etc. 'I emailed them with an offer of 'FREE MONEY' and I can't even get them to move on that' knowing full well that isn't how things work in the real world but that 'Biscuits & Co' would absolutely lap it up.

These guys may be absolutely genuine but Ann Budge knows fine well that a formal process would need to be followed.

It just goes to show how unprofessional these so called sports pundits are 

That they even tried to give this story any credibility the BBC should be reviewing there competence to be employed and payed for by a public body 

It just goes to show how unprofessional these so called sports pundits are 
That they even tried to give this story any credibility the BBC should be reviewing there competence to be employed and payed for by a public body 
Going for the TalkSport type routine probably. Everyone involved complicit in peddling nonsense to rile folk up. Bit embarrassing for the National Broadcaster but embarrassment is their MO these days.

It’s a members organisation. Surely all clubs must vote wether to accept this “donation”. That’s prob why Doncaster was asking for written details, to circulate to the clubs.
Pinning the whole blame on ND, implying he’s turning done “free money” is fairly poor from Ann budge and those clowns on the air on Saturday lapped it up without question,

Strange question, why is budge so powerful that no one seems to have the balls to take her to task?

5 minutes ago, Public menace said:

It’s a members organisation. Surely all clubs must vote wether to accept this “donation”. That’s prob why Doncaster was asking for written details, to circulate to the clubs.
Pinning the whole blame on ND, implying he’s turning done “free money” is fairly poor from Ann budge and those clowns on the air on Saturday lapped it up without question,

Strange question, why is budge so powerful that no one seems to have the balls to take her to task?

There's something what you say. But don't underestimate how reluctant Doncaster will be and how emasculated he will feel, that the woman he is arguing with has sourced some free munney to help the threatened lower leagues, when he himself has so far come up with the square root of SFA.

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

There's something what you say. But don't underestimate how reluctant Doncaster will be and how emasculated he will feel, that the woman he is arguing with has sourced some free munney to help the threatened lower leagues, when he himself has so far come up with the square root of SFA.

Don't think he gives a toss about that so long as his pay cheque keeps flowing in, he's taken an immense amount of abuse over the years without batting an eyelid.

16 minutes ago, blueone said:

They absolutely scream of the ‘wealth off the radar’ Craig Whyte pieces.

3 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I'm a big proponent of Scottish Mortgage so this is welcome news. 

Would hope that the majority of any donations will go towards testing capability for teams. 

Hopefully the money buys a few thousand test kits and players and managers have to go to Ann's dungeon where she will be wearing a nurses uniform (Hattie Jaques style) and waiting to administer the test. It won't hurt, honest.

(btw it's not for Livi, it's for lower divs. Premier should surely be able to look after itself - Celtic philanthropists, Rangers wealth off the radar, SKY millions unaffected and just about to come in according to Doncaster) 

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

t actually struck me as quite a cheap tactic from Budge to smear Doncaster

The personal attacks have been consistent from the start of this shambles,shooting the messenger seems to be the mantra.
Even thou it's been good listening to all the decision makers from loads of different clubs none of them can get past the impasse.

1 hour ago, Public menace said:

I think it's strange your club isn't doing more to back budgie in this crusade, in a sporting context the jags have more sympathy. 

I think it's strange your club isn't doing more to back budgie in this crusade, in a sporting context the jags have more sympathy. 

Yeah that’s true. To be honest, I’m annoyed at the fact jags are being relegated, particularly with a game in hand. My suggestion woulda been a reconstruction, to help those clubs unfairly damaged by the shortened season. Always wanted bigger leagues in Scotland as feel like we play the same teams every 3-4 weeks.(

It was clear early on that clubs weren’t gonna vote for this reconstruction and have made peace with it. Thistle will be playing in league 1 next year and I can’t wait to get back to firhill. Main concern now is having a club still to support.

Hearts have less of a case than thistle, yet are shouting from the rooftops: it’s is clear that should hearts have been too 6, you woulda heard nothing from budge. No matter what way it is dressed up, it is being drawn up to save hearts.

27 minutes ago, Public menace said:

Hearts have less of a case than thistle, yet are shouting from the rooftops:

I think Hearts have also accepted their fate,there is never a good time for reconstruction or a forced one with clubs that can't play without fans.
Whatever the reason the clubs self interest will always play a part, there is a desire for change but not now.
You post about having a club to support if they can't play how do they survive, the jags should be shouting from the rooftops.
I still can't believe they were in the top 6 a few years ago talking about having their own training ground.

I can't help but feel that if it came out on Sportsound on Saturday that Neil Doncaster was rushing through discussions with this mysterious money man, that the panel would have criticised him for not doing his research or due dilliegence.  

I have come to the opinion that Doncaster does an excellent job, he has no power whatsoever and he puts himself up as a punch bag to protect the board members, he takes the hits, runs rings round any dissenters and pockets his money and goes home with a smile on his face.

The SPFL is a lean organisation with limited staff numbers - that was the doing of the SPL clubs who broke away from the SFL.  They wanted control and as much cash as possible so minimised the admin and personnel spend.  The same set up was then imported into the SPFL - so that plus the voting system was driven by big clubs such as Hearts 

Looking forward to Tom English's contortions on Saturday afternoon. His tongue will be exhausted from punching Budge's arse and from dribbling utter pish.

He'll no doubt have the bunting and marching band out for Budge, shortly before presenting her with a crown and his knighthood recommendation for her for saving Scottish football.

On 02/06/2020 at 08:57, CALDERON said:

I can't help but feel that if it came out on Sportsound on Saturday that Neil Doncaster was rushing through discussions with this mysterious money man, that the panel would have criticised him for not doing his research or due dilliegence.  

Can you imagine if it came out he'd been liaising on the quiet with potential philanthropists recommended by Whyte or Greene when they were trying to keep Sevco in the top two tiers? Can't remember the exact chronology. Mind you, he probably wouldn't have noticed the extra flack at the time.

Edited by welshbairn