Sportsound Watch

24 minutes ago, bennett said:

Did the bbc have someone at ibrox for open all mics?

Are you going to laughably claim that the BBC are against Sevco?

To answer your question, no, they didn't. But you know that and you know why

4 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Jane Lewis is not the answer when one of the pair is off. I generally don't listen to it when either Cosgrove or Cowan are away but when they are both on it's still a must listen for me. Not so keen on the later show but being a Utd fan, I'm usually in the huff by then.

Jane Lewis is never the answer, Absolutely dreadful broadcaster.

Surprising. I was on FM and Richard Gordon said "there's no live match commentary today obviously as we're bringing you live commentary of the annual Shinty", so that was the reason given. 

I tuned in to 810 on my way down the road to the Bairnabeau yesterday, and the Camanachd Cup final was indeed on.

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Are you going to laughably claim that the BBC are against Sevco?

To answer your question, no, they didn't. But you know that and you know why

Did they miss out any other teams?

I've really no idea why the bbc would exclude one team, quite puzzling.

51 minutes ago, bennett said:

Yes, at least 26 other teams.

But we know what you're getting at. It's nonsense and only the worst kind of dribbling cretin would even begin to suspect its even slightly true given the astounding masses of evidence to the contrary

54 minutes ago, bennett said:

Because that one team are trying to tell the BBC who they can and cannot send to Ibrox. 

They did, however, have Richard Wilson watching the match on a monitor in Pacific Quay. Televised games at Ibrox are also afforded "off-tube" commentary.

We all know that if there were an "ongoing situation" with any other team, their home games would be completely ignored, save for score updates. 

Might have to tune in tomorrow's episode, especially if Chick Young is on it. He'll be an absolute seething mess that we've sacked his pal. Add in the fact he doesn't like fan ownership and it could be gold.

Might have to tune in tomorrow's episode, especially if Chick Young is on it. He'll be an absolute seething mess that we've sacked his pal. Add in the fact he doesn't like fan ownership and it could be gold.

He still sticks it into Thistle at any opportunity after we sacked his mate Gerry Collins in 2003.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

1 hour ago, stuthejag said:

He still sticks it into Thistle at any opportunity after we sacked his mate Gerry Collins in 2003.

Nah, I just don't believe this. There is absolutely no way Young has friends.

I was listening to this in the car yesterday and Willie Miller said that now that Rangers and Hearts are back in teh SPL, along with Hibs next season, that 'the order has been restored' to Scottish football.

What a load of fucking shite.

21 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Chic Young reckons El Bakhaoui made his debut last week

If I had ever paid a penny towards the BBC license fee then I would be seething that I was partially subsidising that thick c**t's wage.

Serious question: who is the man, or woman, responsible for the sport content on Radio Scotland?

I do pay my licence fee and feel I need to at least register my lack of support for the various shit presenters (Gordon being the exception).

Evidently it's someone call Ken MacQuarrie who is in cherge of BBC Scotland, but who is the worthless, no-mark who is in charge of the present shambles on Sportsound?

I had a spare couple of minutes. Unfortunately you can't just slate the entire format, you have to pick a one-off show. Much good it'll do me.

Complaint description
There is too much coverage of Celtic and Rangers football clubs on BBC Scotland. It's a disgrace and it's been going on for years. BBC Scotland must be the most backward part of the BBC. Sportsound, on BBC Radio Scotland, is like some sort of '80s throwback. Listen to the show from 8th September. This is a good example of the amateurish format, but really you could take your pick of any Sportsound programme. Sportsound is a complete shambles. The glue holding the sport content on Radio Scotland together is Richard Gordon. Apart from him it's an omnishambles. Scotland deserves better than this and someone should be held accountable. Who is in charge of recruiting talent? He should be the first to go. Derek Ferguson, Chick Young, Wullie Miller and the likes are complete buffoons. Sort it
Edited by Scary Bear