Sportsound Watch

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

4 Scottish cup games on at 3pm today in addition to only 3 Premiership games. Would hope that Sportsound will have a reporter at all of the cup games to prove they are taking the competition seriously.

They are! Good stuff.

2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

4 Scottish cup games on at 3pm today in addition to only 3 Premiership games. Would hope that Sportsound will have a reporter at all of the cup games to prove they are taking the competition seriously.

Not down to two Premiership games now ?

On 09/01/2021 at 15:55, starryfish said:

Do these reporters have to be at the stadiums? With the lockdown coming in, technology should allow them to remotely view the match, maybe not as simple as that

We do some of our club match day social media that way, not everyone needs to travel and some items such as match reports, graphics etc can be done that way.

At the start of the season I was even asked to tweet a couple of games from home, one of which the stream stopped and I had to use the BBC website for the last couple of minutes so its not fool proof.

Despite performing well on the programme generally, Michael Stewart piped up at the end to say Lewis Stevenson is the only non-OF player to have won both main Cups with the same club.  Of course, this 'fact' went unchallenged.

It must be wrong though as the Aberdeen side that won several Scottish Cups in the 80s, also won the League Cup in 1985.  I'd imagine a good few players were around for both.  I also wondered about Maurice Malpas, but I think the League Cups came too early.

There will definitely be 1980s Aberdeen players though and it wouldn't surprise me if there are others from earlier.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Despite performing well on the programme generally, Michael Stewart piped up at the end to say Lewis Stevenson is the only non-OF player to have won both main Cups with the same club.  Of course, this 'fact' went unchallenged.

It must be wrong though as the Aberdeen side that won several Scottish Cups in the 80s, also won the League Cup late in Ferguson's reign.  I'd imagine a good few players were around for both.  I also wondered about Maurice Malpas, but I think the League Cups came too early.

There will definitely be 1980s Aberdeen players though and it wouldn't surprise me if there are others from earlier.

Malpas never won the league cup mate. You are spot on, just a bit too early for him.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn