Sportsound Watch

3 hours ago, Rugster said:

And now….over to Jim Traynor with your call. 

TBF Traynor on 'Your Call' was excellent.  This was before he became all Rangersy.  Not as good as David Mellor on 606 but decent.

This 'fans shite' they are doing is a  bit cringy but Sanjeev Kohli is a funny bloke.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

TBF Traynor on 'Your Call' was excellent.  This was before he became all Rangersy.  Not as good as David Mellor on 606 but decent.

This 'fans shite' they are doing is a  bit cringy but Sanjeev Kohli is a funny bloke.

I thought it was alright in its day. Definitely one of the better phone ins. 

8 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I thought it was alright in its day. Definitely one of the better phone ins. 

Maybe age and distance have improved it.  I'd listen to it online and my auld dear - then in her late 70s and a (genuine) Airdrie fan - would phone me and discuss it...but always with a positive Airdrie spin.

Sentiment, eh?

To be fair to the BBC I think the difference with what they did today and SSB/Your Call, was that all the callers were fans that kind of knew what they were talking about, I think some of them may also be fan bloggers on the BBC Sport website.

I thought it worked relatively well, the musical interludes were a bit odd, but it was far better than Off The Ball.

Fair play to them trying something a bit different. Hope they keep with it.

7 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Sportsound now on until 7PM on a Saturday with "fan involvement" according to MacIntyre. I shudder to think.

My first thought was that it'd just be more time devoted to the OF but to be fair it wasn't.

Some tweaks needed for definite in the weeks ahead and would be good to have fans of teams outside the Premier on the programme too. 

5 hours ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Tuesday's result ,  not that I am getting carried away

Well aye,  huge and worth a rest of season debate over the domestic game 

Other than the albions title push

2 hours ago, Ray Patterson said:

To be fair to the BBC I think the difference with what they did today and SSB/Your Call, was that all the callers were fans that kind of knew what they were talking about, I think some of them may also be fan bloggers on the BBC Sport website.

I thought it worked relatively well, the musical interludes were a bit odd, but it was far better than Off The Ball.

Fair play to them trying something a bit different. Hope they keep with it.

Heard a bit of that earlier , suppose the folk on it are safe bets not to be "ragin maniacs" and at least can construct proper debate ..Good for folk who like listening to geeks , bad for anyone else who likes beetroot faced , veins poppin , lager fuelled psycho,s 😁

6 hours ago, Rugster said:

To be fair to Traynor, who is an absolute c**t, one of the best things I’ve heard on radio, not just his show, was on this. A wee guy who went on about Rrrrrrraaaangers being the best team in the world, and rrrrrrraangers being amazing, and how they were Rrrrrrrangers etc. traynor, obviously before he was employed with them, replies, you might well be Rrrrrrangers, but right now your are Rrraaank rrrrrrrotten. 

Made me laugh anyway. 

Was that Andrrrrrew from Brrrrridge o'Weirrr?

9 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

My first thought was that it'd just be more time devoted to the OF but to be fair it wasn't.

Some tweaks needed for definite in the weeks ahead and would be good to have fans of teams outside the Premier on the programme too. 

I’ll be honest I never gave it a chance because they introduced Lambert & him MacIntyre spent the first 5 minutes talking about why “Rangers” fans are protesting. 
Gave them an excuse to bring in Celtic. Blah blah blah. 

Radio went off at that point. 

40 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I’ll be honest I never gave it a chance because they introduced Lambert & him MacIntyre spent the first 5 minutes talking about why “Rangers” fans are protesting. 
Gave them an excuse to bring in Celtic. Blah blah blah. 

Radio went off at that point. 

I wouldn't have blamed you. But they had a couple of fans on from Hearts and Aberdeen, some other team in Ayrshire and a couple of Tartan Army soldiers as well that I heard.

Room for improvement definitely, especially from the lower leagues hopefully. Perhaps even throw in some non league scores as well?

Half time listening today peaking with Can’t Stop by the Chili Peppers fused with Ceilidh music, all to the background of the incomparable Richard Gordon. 

Not going to lie, it was a joy for the ears. One I didn’t know I needed. 

7 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Guys like lambert should be nowhere near a Saturday afternoon. It’s pretty clear he has no interest in the Scottish domestic game outside of the OF. 

Lambert can basically only say that "when you play for Celtic or Rangers you have to win every week. If you can't handle that kind of pressure you shouldn't be there." Just utter boring pish.

11 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

It's incredible how dim he comes across for someone who was such an excellent, intelligent footballer.

Striking that someone can be so clever and measured in some ways while totally thick in others.

Remember that Paul Gascoigne was a very intelligent footballer.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Lambert can basically only say that "when you play for Celtic or Rangers you have to win every week. If you can't handle that kind of pressure you shouldn't be there." Just utter boring pish.

He was asked about neilson and came away with some nonsense anecdote about Carlo ancellotti. 

I really wish someone just outed him by asking him specifics like what do you think hearts problem is? Team selection? Formation? The fans talked about McKay starting every week and feeling sorry for Alan Forrest. Who would you pick? 

On 02/04/2023 at 19:56, kingjoey said:

Agree - for a guy who played over 300 games for 'diddy' clubs in our league, it is amazing how utterly obsessed he seems with the two weegie clubs, whilst giving the impression who knows lauren bacall about the current situation at any club outside that.  He even seemed to laugh at someone having the audacity to 'link' him with a club like Motherwell, whilst serving us his customary reminder about someone else in days gone by saying that his move to Dortmund wouldn't work out for him (in a Rambo McInally 'Bayerrrrnnnn type way)

I have no idea why Sportsound even bothering getting him on.

Given they now have another hour to fill on a Saturday evening, it would be a bit less painful to get someone with a bit more insight.

Edited by tarapoa