Sportsound Watch

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

They read out a message from someone saying how much they were enjoying listening to the show without lots of VAR chat. They then launched into a massive VAR chat.

If this was followed up by 'Kenny Mac' angrily saying "maybe we will talk about it then" before clumsily moving the conversation on to the situation at Ibrix, then we're in peak Sportsound territory.

Have they figured out yet that East Fife couldn't possibly win L2 at the weekend.

They continuously mentioned that East Fife could potentially have sealed the title at Stirling Albion on Saturday.

It was in fact Stirling Albion who were going for the title - what with them being 19 points behind Stirling. A simply 5 second glance at the league table would've told them that. Piss poor.

In the 5 minutes I heard they mentioned it once during the match commentary (whatever game it was) and then a couple of minutes later apologised for getting the teams wrong.

2 hours ago, rainbowrising said:

He is listed on LinkedIn as a Sports Media and Business Consultant, so he will get some kind of fee I imagine. He doesnt actually work as a BBC employee and I reckon your fee and costs for lunch on matchday etc probably isnt too far away. 

BBC list him as freelancer - and will pay him expenses plus a fee when he's needed.

The number of people you hear on Sportsound that actually work for the BBC as employees is surprisingly small. The reporters and commentators are mostly from a pool of "freelancers" that they have, the "hired" a bunch of them a few months ago.

9 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Who was the reporter that during the Player of the Year chat was bizarrely throwing in Allan McGregor’s name? 

It was naive of me to think they were making it though the show without resorting to a discussion on VAR, but in fairness they did take their time. 

Think it must have been this guy...