Sportsound Watch

They just mentioned that there will be coverage of lower league games midweek, noting that Falkirk will be playing (and referenced their game against us yesterday) and that Stirling can effectively win League 2.

No mention of the game where a team can win a league though.

5 minutes ago, GreenGray said:

They have still not uploaded the post match chat from Saturday, looks like it might not happen. Gutted, I wanted to hear Stewart foaming at the mouth.

Just find out when he's next on and listen in then

Edited by Darren

Absolutely loved Willie Miller and Rory Loy being OUTRAGED at the idea that a football club might actually have a succession plan for when their manager moves on.

*I don't believe Hearts really do have one, but the prospect of it making these two simpletons froth at the mouth was initially very funny, but then so embarrassing to listen to I had to put it off for a bit and come back to the show later.

Who was the reporter that during the Player of the Year chat was bizarrely throwing in Allan McGregor’s name? 

It was naive of me to think they were making it though the show without resorting to a discussion on VAR, but in fairness they did take their time. 

7 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Who was the reporter that during the Player of the Year chat was bizarrely throwing in Allan McGregor’s name? 

It was naive of me to think they were making it though the show without resorting to a discussion on VAR, but in fairness they did take their time. 

The boy at the Peterhead game?

He quite early just outed himself as 'Rangers fan on radio'. Weird to listen to.

7 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

The boy at the Peterhead game?

He quite early just outed himself as 'Rangers fan on radio'. Weird to listen to.

Normalised by now, weird as it/they are

Edited by itzdrk

3 hours ago, JagsCG said:

They read out a message from someone saying how much they were enjoying listening to the show without lots of VAR chat. They then launched into a massive VAR chat.

4 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Why would it ever be McGregor? Even for the most biased person that is a horrendous shout. 

On 04/04/2023 at 15:38, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Better than that: they pay him to go and watch his team!

I think I’ve asked this on here before but can’t remember the answer - what sort of money do you think guys like Pat Bonner get paid for this? Do you think it’s a free ticket, free lunch and maybe £200 per game? Or more than that if this is his only job (not sure if it is or not).

25 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I think I’ve asked this on here before but can’t remember the answer - what sort of money do you think guys like Pat Bonner get paid for this? Do you think it’s a free ticket, free lunch and maybe £200 per game? Or more than that if this is his only job (not sure if it is or not).

He is listed on LinkedIn as a Sports Media and Business Consultant, so he will get some kind of fee I imagine. He doesnt actually work as a BBC employee and I reckon your fee and costs for lunch on matchday etc probably isnt too far away.