Sportsound Watch

12 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Can't believe they've brought back a phone-in. Yes I can, it's very MacIntyre, very Radio Clyde, very race to the bottom.

Feels like they are trying to create viral content by having mouth breathers on doing colour commentary, promoting arguments and starting a phone hoping for angry people who have been drinking in the sun all day. 

The reason I listened to radio Scotland on a Saturday was because it has always been above all that. 

16 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Feels like they are trying to create viral content by having mouth breathers on doing colour commentary, promoting arguments and starting a phone hoping for angry people who have been drinking in the sun all day. 

The reason I listened to radio Scotland on a Saturday was because it has always been above all that. 

Exactly my view. Super Scoreboard has always existed to cater for the hard-of-thinking fan.

Sportsound has just slowly turned into a copy of it. That phone-in section is fucking horrendous.

I caught English and Stewarts argument (part 2 of the day?) on the way home and it was as empty an argument as I've heard. If they were arguing about a game, fine but it was about 5 minutes of:

"YOU said THIS back then",

"no I didn't - YOU said this thing once so it was YOU that said it"

"I said that but that was then and this is now and YOU said this yesterday"

"I didn't say THAT yesterday, I said something LIKE THAT but what I actually said was THIS and it was you who said THIS OTHER THING last week"

.....and so on, and on and on. Devoid of substance. Absolutely terrible listening. 

4 minutes ago, CoF said:

I caught English and Stewarts argument (part 2 of the day?) on the way home and it was as empty an argument as I've heard. If they were arguing about a game, fine but it was about 5 minutes of:

"YOU said THIS back then",

"no I didn't - YOU said this thing once so it was YOU that said it"

"I said that but that was then and this is now and YOU said this yesterday"

"I didn't say THAT yesterday, I said something LIKE THAT but what I actually said was THIS and it was you who said THIS OTHER THING last week"

.....and so on, and on and on. Devoid of substance. Absolutely terrible listening. 

They've both obviously now got such a bee in their bonnets about each other that I need to just skip past it if it's the podcast or put it off if I'm listening live. They're a pair of fucking grown men. It's risible stuff.

17 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Isn't the level of self interest here very unethical? 

In any walk of life, it's called a conflict of interest - not really sure how that's permissible on a public broadcaster.

3 hours ago, Swello said:

In any walk of life, it's called a conflict of interest - not really sure how that's permissible on a public broadcaster.

Yeah that's pretty much where I'm going with it. 

I don't want to be too much of a bitch about him as he's often spoke highly of Saints including before Davidson as he played here etc but he's basically being given a platform to sell his clients and make himself money via that. 

It's a conflict of interest indeed. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe