Midweek flutter

geo87

What do people think about Livingston tonight at 1.75? Edinburgh City were dire the couple of times I saw them last season and don't seem to have added much over the summer. Livi aren't great but should surely have too much.

Backed this, mon Ferranti.

I see Celtic are even money with B365 for -1 first half handicap. I can't work out if this is ridiculous value or not? I know they're shite but you'd think Rodgers will make sure they put their mark down early. 3 or 4-0 at half time and then take it easy. 

Thoughts?

f**k it I've shoved 50 on them

image.png

I can see where you're coming from, and they really should be putting it to bed early.

However, Brendan was very keen to stress the importance of patience in his press conference yesterday, highlighting that the players and especially the fans, need to keep calm, as it may take 50,60 or even 70 to break them down, then you suddenly score 3.

So given how shite Celtic are, I'd not be jumping on it.

1 minute ago, Paris Hilltoon said:

I can see where you're coming from, and they really should be putting it to bed early.

However, Brendan was very keen to stress the importance of patience in his press conference yesterday, highlighting that the players and especially the fans, need to keep calm, as it may take 50,60 or even 70 to break them down, then you suddenly score 3.

So given how shite Celtic are, I'd not be jumping on it.

That is the worry/gamble! 

For tonight, going for Aberdeen, Hearts to win and Hibs to lose at 4.04.

Though unlikely Hibs at 7.5 seems good value, and I’ll probably throw away another quid on 3-1 to Hibs at 111.

They were pretty poor last week but, 10.0 seems very generous for Birkirkara to beat Hearts.

(McBookie odds as I have money in that account so haven’t looked around).

Edited by Jaggy Snake
Got Hibs to lose not draw.

1 hour ago, Jaggy Snake said:

For tonight, going for Aberdeen, Hearts to win and Hibs to draw at 4.04.

Though unlikely Hibs at 7.5 seems good value, and I’ll probably throw away another quid on 3-1 to Hibs at 111.

They were pretty poor last week but, 10.0 seems very generous for Birkirkara to beat Hearts.

(McBookie odds as I have money in that account so haven’t looked around).

Got some free bets with Paddy Power (took their 3/1 introductory offer for Celtic last night), so thinking about sticking £10 of that on Hibs tonight just because it's a big price. Not expecting much tbh. Will probably leave the rest for another day, probably the league cup at the weekend.

Anyone thinking of a bet for the ludicrous Irn-Bru cup?

Celtic under 20s to beat Annan at 4/7 and Motherwell under 20s to beat Edinburgh City at 8/11 looks relative value in a double bet. Both at home, have good reputation for their youth set up and against lower end opposition of the lowest league, suspect they'll probably have enough to overcome both of these teams.

1 hour ago, Trump said:

Anyone thinking of a bet for the ludicrous Irn-Bru cup?

Celtic under 20s to beat Annan at 4/7 and Motherwell under 20s to beat Edinburgh City at 8/11 looks relative value in a double bet. Both at home, have good reputation for their youth set up and against lower end opposition of the lowest league, suspect they'll probably have enough to overcome both of these teams.

I wasn’t very impressed by Celtic U20’s in our friendly with them. We drew 2-2 but should really have beat them. I think we were further into our preseason than they were at that point but now, Annan have had some competitive games where I assume the U20’s haven’t yet.

It will also depend on how seriously Annan take the game.

Not very helpful but basically, not one I’d be rushing to put a bet on either way.