Football Manager 2015

KilliePie

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still playing my first save from the beta release and Im about to get a second shot at the champions league group stages with Hibs having been utterly destroyed on my first attempt. Got Kenny McLean and Charlie Telfer (free transfer) in central midfield with some wonderkid regen from Argentina as the anchor man. Danny Handling is now worth 5 million and scored 45 goals in all comps last season :lol:

I forgot to add that Telfer has been incredibly good for me considering he couldn't get a game at United and left to sign for me in the huff. Now worth 3 million and is first choice for Scotland.

Ball has been great in my first St Mirren season. March and he's already banged 20+ goals and keeping Thompson out the team. Despite a few being out of contract end of the season and been set to release I'm struggling to agree any pre contracts cause every player seems to want 20k+ signing on fee and I don't have any transfer money. Can't see us in real life paying 20k sign on fees!

Told Reece Hands that if he signs then I'll make him the new captain, he says that would really appeal and as such he's willing to go into negotiations.

Sign him, make him captain.

Reece Hands - "Unhappy. Feels under pressure at being made captain at such a young age."

Bought this earlier in the week and I'm motoring along quite nicely with Stenhousemuir. It's the beginning of February and we're in second place in League 1. I've kept the rump of the existing squad and brought in some new players - David Barron, Marc Twaddle, Kabba Cham, David Anderson, Martin McBride, Paul Woods, Luke Leahy and Derek Riordan (who's hopeless, by the way) - to flesh out my options.

It's a decent enough game but I'm finding it difficult to suspend my disbelief at times. Fringe players on £300 per week (Gregor Fortheringham ("Who?" you might wonder)). Teams are having 20-odd shots on goal in some matches, and I'm seeing an awful lot of high-scoring ties. There's a few inconsistencies with player positions, preferred foot, height, etc too. There's also guys living in America (Allan Russell, for instance) who join clubs like Greenock Morton. Trying to bring in players on loan is irksome too, because most clubs are demanding you pay their full wages. That just wouldn't happen. I really don't think the game's set up for part-time football.

Like many others have said, the player interactions are quite bizarre. I've had three moments that I've found very confusing:

1. At the beginning of the game, I put Kris Faulds on the transfer list and informed him to find another club as I wasn't going to use him (plus he was on £200 per week). I haven't played him in any matches at all. In late-January, East Fife bid for him and I accepted it. All of a sudden, David Barron comes to me, unhappy that I sold one of the club's best players. He and seven others are furious that Faulds was allowed to leave and questioned my ambition. I managed to placate most of them, but Barron's still livid.
  2. I had Martin Grehan playing up top but dropped him in favour of on-loan Gary Oliver. Grehan came to me and said he was unhappy about the lack of game-time - I informed him that Oliver had been playing well and he would get his chance eventually (Oliver's loan was set to expire and I had no chance of keeping him). Grehan goes in the huff and demands I sell him, and I didn't have the option of offering an alternative. At the end of the transfer window, despite having played for six or seven games in a row, he was still adamant he wanted a move.
  3. I progressed to the Scottish Cup fifth round where I was drawn against Hearts. Hearts were second in the Championship at the time and doing well, and I told the players to go out and do their best. This resulted in some players looking confused before they went out. Three-nil down at the interval, I aggressively told them I wanted more from them in the second half. This fired them up. It finished 4-0 and I told the players they'd done their best and that Hearts were a good side; cue everyone feeling negative.

I just don't understand some of the stuff that goes on. Hopefully these things are ironed out with a patch because they're annoying. It's decent enough otherwise but I find myself saying, "That wouldn't happen for real", Stenny's rise to the top of the table being one of them.

After finishing in third place and losing out in play-off semi-finals to Greenock Morton, I went into my second season having signed a decent enough gang of players. Four games into the season and I had recorded three draws and a defeat - I played a little longer into the game, but it crashed and I lost some of my progress. And since then, I've had absolutely no desire to go back and play it. I haven't really found it as immersive as I was expecting (some of the stuff that goes on it just wacky) and the interactions are bizarre. I think it needs a patch to tidy some aspects up.

After finishing in third place and losing out in play-off semi-finals to Greenock Morton, I went into my second season having signed a decent enough gang of players. Four games into the season and I had recorded three draws and a defeat - I played a little longer into the game, but it crashed and I lost some of my progress. And since then, I've had absolutely no desire to go back and play it. I haven't really found it as immersive as I was expecting (some of the stuff that goes on it just wacky) and the interactions are bizarre. I think it needs a patch to tidy some aspects up.

It's basically been the same shit for the past 3 years. I'm enjoying the game but I doubt I'll play another season on it until some bugs are fixed.

Really enjoying my Russian save. Taken Torpedo Moscow to the Champions League and it took Zenit until the final few months of the season to overtake us. Sat top as the winter break started.

Donis Avdijaj on loan from Schalke has been an absolute boss upfront, and also signed Stuart Armstrong (who was second in the Managers Select POTY award), Konstantin Rausch, Alexei Eremenko and Fernando on loan from Man City.

Was attracting some interest from England and Scotland, but have decided to stay as they've just been taken over by a billionaire and have put plans in place to build their own stadium (they currently play at the stadium of FC Saturn, who went bust last year in real life). Got a huge transfer kitty and trying to get Huntelaar on a free but Zenit are also interested :(

Bit pissed off tbh; got Bristol City promoted and only lost out on the League 1 title to Brentford on the final day via goal difference, won the JPT along the way. Shortly after the end of the season the club gets taken over and they punt me out in favour of Brian McDermott.

Due to my success with Bristol I garnered quite a bit of interest, including being invited to interviews for the New York Red Bull, QPR & Ajax. Sadly losing out to better/more experienced managers.

Then along came Middlesbrough. Steve Gibson is gone, the club was taken over by Spaniard Jose Maria Del Nido. They've pumped money into the club and the facilities are really good. I couldn't refuse

I've just started a career with Inter Milan to see if I can make them a force again since they've had a worse slide than man utd since mourinho left Italy. Struggling so far too many home draws and even the wee teams are having more possession than us despite us using the short passing and ball retention instructions. Forza Inter

Archived