Football Manager 2015

KilliePie

Marc McAusland is usually quite overpowered in this game.

Also I had Rory Donnelly on trial in the Summer of 2015. I turned him down to sign Gary Mackay-Steven instead. So far I'm still struggling for goals, GMS managed 3 in 6 before he started racking up injuries, and I'm now regretting my choices :(

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye but the save isnt lost surely, you can just go to the folder your saves are located in and copy it to a pen drive or something?

I'll give that ago mate cheers. Also QLP I don't know how to multi-quote but I've no idea about that canny get on steam to check because of the internet problem I'm having. Bad times

I'll give that ago mate cheers. Also QLP I don't know how to multi-quote but I've no idea about that canny get on steam to check because of the internet problem I'm having. Bad times

On the game itself, when you go to save there's an option to also upload it to the cloud in case of computer error or if you want to play it on another P.C. I use the latter when I'm up at the Missus' parents.

Go with itzdrk's idea in the meantime. I periodically do the same after a horrible incident where I lost a particularly epic German save :(

Growing pretty tired of this game's ridiculous high scoring games. I top the table in both goals scored and conceded, but have double the goals against than the next closest team. I seem to generally be level going into the final 20 minutes, then completely collapse. I have tried ever conceivable tactic, formation, team to no avail. The board have now demanded 7 points from 4 games or my job is gone. I can't see it, tbh.

Beginning to regret joining Peterborough, they literally have the worst strikers in the league, all of them find it impossible to score unless it's from the penalty spot. That or the game is being a c**t and has boosted all opposition keepers as they all seem to somehow be able to pull off amazing last ditch saves, even double saves at times.

I fear the sack is looming anyway

Halfway through the second season with Hearts. Things are going pretty well.

YslpAj2.jpg

Just had a look at Inverness who are in the Championship after being relegated. They've got Yaya Sanogo and Carl Jenkinson.

Noticed quite a few errors now. Loads of incorrect heights, preferred foot etc.

I bought the in-game editor just to change James Keatings from right footed to left footed and then found out you have to do it in the pre game one :lol:

So Ryan Jack asks for a private chat. He's heard that Celtic are interested in him, and he wants to play in the Champions League. I tell him that I'm strengthening the squad, and that if he gives me another season we can qualify ourselves. He's not having it and wants to leave now. With the Johnny Hayes debacle still fresh in my memory, I agree to let him leave if a bid comes in. Next time I look at my squad, everyone's happy that I'm going to let Jack get his move.

A couple of days later, Celtic make a bid. To be honest, even if he hadn't asked to go I'd be tempted. £900k up front, plus another £1.1m over 18 months. Add in a sell-on clause (20% of any profit) and it's a pretty sweet deal. I agree, a contract is offered, and Jack is all set to go. He even manages to sign off with a goal away at Twente in the Europa League qualifiers. Are the rest of the squad happy that he got the move he wanted? No. They're all annoyed that I'm selling one of our best players, and that there's less competition for places now (even though I've brought in two midfielders already and have another on trial). You just can't win.

Started a new game with Raith Rovers as wanted a mid table Championship team to see if I could get promotion over the three big boys in the league.

Haven't kept many of the original squad, in fact the only ones I have kept and that feature in my match day squad are:

Kevin Cuthbert

Dougie Hill

Ross Perry

Rory McKeown

Ryan Conroy - this boy is class

Liam Fox

Calum Elliot

Got a whole bunch of young foreign boys in who I hope can step up to the plate although at moment planning onn using them to beef up the squad. Also have Franny Jeffers as my sub striker, don't know how much he has left in him though. Couple of loan boys in - Mads Laudrup from a Danish team and a young striker from Aston Villa. Simon Davies has came in on a free and will provide some experience in the centre of the park.

The Raith fans wern't too chuffed with me for selling some of their supposed best players, changing the captain, shunning all press conferences and getting knocked out the league cup by Alloa. They need to give me time and I'll take them back to their glory days

The first dozen games out the way and the SPFL table is utter madness. We've lost 5 games out of 12, yet find ourselves top! However, 6 points seperate ourselves on 21, and Ross County in 9th on 15.

Celtic on the other hand, didn't win a match until they came up against us in round 8 and left St. Mirren Park with a 2-1 victory. They've been pumped at home 4 times already this season.

Oh and a word of advice. Buy Fraser Aird. 13 games on the right wing, 9 goals. He's been immense.

Fair enough, he's dropped to 4th choice CB for me, but them I'm just 5 games into my first season, so I might give him a chance.

He won fans player of the year in my first two seasons. Wrongly, in both cases as he should have lost to league top scorer and YPOTY Chris Lester in my first season and POTY Virgile Reset in my second.

He has by far the highest average rating in my third season. One of those players who plays above his ability.

Agreed on Marwood and Ball though, both dross who were quickly ditched. Ball in particular is horrendous in the game. Goodwin and Teale also really underperformed for me, and are on huge long contracts! Bit the bullet and mutually terminated the two of them, although Teale was a good coach so sorry to lose him from that area.

Pretty much done the same. Started a save with East Stirlingshire and this could very well be my first proper go at things.

Signed Derek Riordan and he's banging them in pre-season as a shadow striker behind Kabba Cham. Brought in Chris McDonald, Andrew Hainey & Rhys Craigie on frees, with Gavin Mitchell signed from Queen's Park. Contrary to what else was said in the thread, the board managed to arrange a feeder team choice - Celtic, Ross County or Dunfermline. Hmm... Chose Celtic and signed John Herron and Aidan McIlduff on loan. God rid of pretty much every other player over 24/25, and going with a skeleton squad with a better overall rating. Risky considering the injury issues in the game.

Just played my first Challenge Cup game: a 6-2 win over Brora Rangers; and lost my first League Cup game 2-1 away to Falkirk. Only bloody drawn them, away again, in the Petrofac second round. Eugh... Beat Montrose 6-2 away in the first league game (we like that score, beat Lothian Thistle by the same scoreline during pre-season) and now going back to The Falkirk Stadium to rekindle hostilities with Peter Houston who I "have no time for".

Just reached January, with a very positive season coming along.

Managed to beat Falkirk (aet) in the Petrofac, after Houston rested a lot of his first teamers. Later on, we beat Cowdenbeath 1-0 and then lost 7-1 ( :() to Rangers in the semi. Had a few great Scottish Cup draws, firstly beating Spartans 3-1 and then Clyde 2-1. Drew Hibernian in the next round, who were sitting tenth in the Championship and had just sacked Alan Stubbs (Alloa manager Barry Smith the hot favourite :lol:). Managed to draw 2-2 at Easter Road (a Kabba Cham double, both with assists from Riordan) but lost 3-1 back at Ochilview.

In the league, we're currently top of the table after only losing three times (East Fife twice and Annan away) with Kabba Cham scoring ten times so far, and Riordan grabbing 14 with 11 assists... #flames. Just signed a new contract which was weirdly £150 less a week than I was originally on, although I will be given a % of any future compensation when I move clubs.

Was offered the Morton job after they sacked Duffy in December whilst sitting 9th. Nae chance.

Not played since the demo, going to get ripped into a game with Albion Rovers tonight. Hopefully get some players like Riordan, Rae, Mitchell and O'Connor (can supply him with some charlie as a signing on fee no doubt!)

The first three are musts. Playing Riordan as a shadow striker behind a big guy up front seems to work really well, so if you go Rovers then him and Gemmill might be a shrewd double act... O'Connor I couldn't get as he thought the 'Shire was beneath him. I'll say one word, Selkirk.

Christ, if you get a midfield of Rae, Fisher, Love and Philips that would rip the league up.

Sitting top of the league 10 points clear of Celtic with 8 games to go. Still think I might blow it. The game seems to be trying to redress the balance by having Celtic buy Danny Wilson and then injure all of my defence and Craig Sibbald at once. Sibbald is some boy. Has been delivering assists like a scrawny, anaemic postman.

James Keatings and Rory Donnelly were scoring goals for fun before Christmas but now neither of them have scored for ages now.

Won the league with Hearts the first season out of admin last year. Thought it would take 3 or 4 seasons this time but hopefully I can hang on and get that ECC dollar.

Edit: That's Sibbald out for another 4 weeks after twisting his ankle in his first under 20s game back.

130307keane.jpg?itok=1G_7NB2r

Inverness seem ridiculously overpowered in my game.

I regularly go one nil up against them before one of Tansey or McKay scores from thirty yards. In the second season and they have SEVEN loan signings from the English Premiership, including Jerome Sinclair who was on the verge of an England call up last Summer before he joined them (i know because i was watching, but got told he had no interest in joining on loan, before joining Inverness a week later)

Bought this earlier in the week and I'm motoring along quite nicely with Stenhousemuir. It's the beginning of February and we're in second place in League 1. I've kept the rump of the existing squad and brought in some new players - David Barron, Marc Twaddle, Kabba Cham, David Anderson, Martin McBride, Paul Woods, Luke Leahy and Derek Riordan (who's hopeless, by the way) - to flesh out my options.

It's a decent enough game but I'm finding it difficult to suspend my disbelief at times. Fringe players on £300 per week (Gregor Fortheringham ("Who?" you might wonder)). Teams are having 20-odd shots on goal in some matches, and I'm seeing an awful lot of high-scoring ties. There's a few inconsistencies with player positions, preferred foot, height, etc too. There's also guys living in America (Allan Russell, for instance) who join clubs like Greenock Morton. Trying to bring in players on loan is irksome too, because most clubs are demanding you pay their full wages. That just wouldn't happen. I really don't think the game's set up for part-time football.

Like many others have said, the player interactions are quite bizarre. I've had three moments that I've found very confusing:

1. At the beginning of the game, I put Kris Faulds on the transfer list and informed him to find another club as I wasn't going to use him (plus he was on £200 per week). I haven't played him in any matches at all. In late-January, East Fife bid for him and I accepted it. All of a sudden, David Barron comes to me, unhappy that I sold one of the club's best players. He and seven others are furious that Faulds was allowed to leave and questioned my ambition. I managed to placate most of them, but Barron's still livid.
  2. I had Martin Grehan playing up top but dropped him in favour of on-loan Gary Oliver. Grehan came to me and said he was unhappy about the lack of game-time - I informed him that Oliver had been playing well and he would get his chance eventually (Oliver's loan was set to expire and I had no chance of keeping him). Grehan goes in the huff and demands I sell him, and I didn't have the option of offering an alternative. At the end of the transfer window, despite having played for six or seven games in a row, he was still adamant he wanted a move.
  3. I progressed to the Scottish Cup fifth round where I was drawn against Hearts. Hearts were second in the Championship at the time and doing well, and I told the players to go out and do their best. This resulted in some players looking confused before they went out. Three-nil down at the interval, I aggressively told them I wanted more from them in the second half. This fired them up. It finished 4-0 and I told the players they'd done their best and that Hearts were a good side; cue everyone feeling negative.

I just don't understand some of the stuff that goes on. Hopefully these things are ironed out with a patch because they're annoying. It's decent enough otherwise but I find myself saying, "That wouldn't happen for real", Stenny's rise to the top of the table being one of them.

Archived