The Arbroath Thread

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Got to get Nicky Low middle of the park. So frustrating watching us unable to string a couple of passes together and he’s standing a million miles out wide on his todd 

That was as bad as I’ve seen us in a long long time but we dug in and got a point so fair play 

Spot on. I kind of understand why Low has been played wide the last two games as, if he was played in the centre (where he should be) we would have no height there with him and C Hamilton. Perhaps we need to start Henderson with Low instead as he has been excellent when he’s come on the last two games.

Worst performance from us for a long time. IMO only Low, Henderson and J Hamilton played well. Some very out of character performances all over the pitch. Really don’t want to single anyone out but what has happened to McKenna? Aside from his, admittedly very good, penalty, I can’t recall him doing anything tonight that wasn’t rushed or clumsy or laboured. Seems to have lost his spark. Hopefully his goal will reignite it.

Some points re Hamilton (the team) - their physio must have ran a 10k tonight; since when are players allowed to stay on the pitch after treatment? They could have won that easily tonight, ludicrous time wasting and slowing the game down at every opportunity when we were there for the taking.

Play like shit and draw, I’ll take that.

We were all over the place last night. Every player seemed to have lost the ability to control the ball. Amd our passing was dreadful.

We never had any control of that game as Hamilton were the far better team throughout.

We scored 2 penalties but i can remember us doing much else. Did their keeper even have to save a shot? Did their defence even break a sweat?

Low was wasted out wide.
McKenna looked lethargic for large periods.
Wighton offered very very little going forward and clearly couldnt be arsed even dropping a few yards to make space for himself.
Col Hamilton was constantly on the back foot as they seemed to skip past him with ease.

Big game on Sunday.

Spot on. I kind of understand why Low has been played wide the last two games as, if he was played in the centre (where he should be) we would have no height there with him and C Hamilton. Perhaps we need to start Henderson with Low instead as he has been excellent when he’s come on the last two games.
Worst performance from us for a long time. IMO only Low, Henderson and J Hamilton played well. Some very out of character performances all over the pitch. Really don’t want to single anyone out but what has happened to McKenna? Aside from his, admittedly very good, penalty, I can’t recall him doing anything tonight that wasn’t rushed or clumsy or laboured. Seems to have lost his spark. Hopefully his goal will reignite it.
Some points re Hamilton (the team) - their physio must have ran a 10k tonight; since when are players allowed to stay on the pitch after treatment? They could have won that easily tonight, ludicrous time wasting and slowing the game down at every opportunity when we were there for the taking.
Play like shit and draw, I’ll take that.

It looked like McKenna was not fully recovered from his injury sustained on Friday. I thought Wighton put in a good shift but it wasn’t his night, demonstrated by the sitter he missed from one yard out. He and Jack were very isolated and had to do it themselves. Chris Hamilton had a poor night. It’ll be interesting to see the starting lineup v Hibs. I was confident we’d run them close, but after last night I’m not so sure.

I'd say the fact that you were able to pick up a point, extending your lead, while by all accounts playing very poorly - is a sign that it's quite unlikely you will be caught. I don't think any of the chasing teams have the work rate and ability to drag out points when not playing particularly well that Arbroath do. 

Was a tough watch last night guys but the never say die fighting attitude was there right until the end and it’s gotten us a point and pushed us even further in front at the top with all the other results going our way so not all doom & gloom 🇱🇻💪⚽

As DC & Mikey said we have only played like that only a couple of times this season and sometimes you just get games like that when conditions and other factors don’t go your way but it’s another point in the bag and the Lichtie express drives on. The fairytale dream continues 

10 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

There's a long way to go, massive pressure on Kilmarnock now on Saturday against a poor Dunfermline team, especially after two defeats, they simply have to win

Think the teams in the bottom half are all different now after January. They all seem to have improved except Queen of the South

Hi everyone, I have two Arbroath hospitality tickets that I’m currently bonus balling to raise funds for a trip at the school I work in. Got about 25 numbers left if anyone wants involved. Appreciate it’s your club anyway but I’ve always been told that the Arbroath hospitality experience is an absolute class day out! If anyone is interested then you can find it on my facebook page, just search for Paddy Dolan and it should be a public post to view on my page. Cheers guys and look forward to your promotion to see yous at Tannadice!

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT

Congratulations to Jack Hamilton on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in the Lichties draw with Hamilton last night. The on loan striker was a constant threat throughout and won the penalty that earned us the point that took us 5 points clear at the summit of the cinch Championship. Thanks to all who voted 🇱🇻

1D016DAB-6492-47C2-8DC5-FBF08933E6D8.jpeg

21 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Got to get Nicky Low middle of the park. So frustrating watching us unable to string a couple of passes together and he’s standing a million miles out wide on his todd 

That was as bad as I’ve seen us in a long long time but we dug in and got a point so fair play 

Absolutely this, in the end it felt like a win

Nicky Low is a bit wasted on the flank but he's a good enough player to influence the game from out there. Of the starting lineup, I don't think there was anyone more suitable to play out there. 2nd half the ball was bypassing him though.

However, as well as he played at centre-half, I would have stuck Henderson out there and moved Chris Hamilton to centre-half for the 2nd half with TOB off. When you have that kind of wind at your back, it's less important to have big guys at the back and more about having pace so you can play a high line.