The Arbroath Thread

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT

Congratulations to Thomas O’Brien on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in the Lichties 1-0 win over Kilmarnock last night. Captain fantastic was absolutely immense at the back as were the rest of the back line. Let’s be honest though this award could have went to any player in maroon. A total team performance! 4 points clear baby!!!!!

E83AE1F8-46E9-4116-AE49-F18E74E9E3B9.jpeg

3 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Thomas O’Brien is the best player in the cinch Championship 

In the Daily Record last week Ian McCall saying Obrien and McKenna could play for any team in the league . Judging on last nights viewing I think most of the Arbroath team could. 

6 minutes ago, Monkfish85 said:

In the Daily Record last week Ian McCall saying Obrien and McKenna could play for any team in the league . Judging on last nights viewing I think most of the Arbroath team could. 

O’Brien is premier league class. 

Jack Hamilton is some boy is he. 13 in 20 games for us. Can’t mind a guy with that good a record for a long time? Looks way fitter stronger and faster than before too. Nouble was next level but don’t think he scores any of the goals Hamilton has so far, maybe the first v Darvel cause he’d have had a field day skinning their centre halves but the goal v Raith, the last 2 v Darvel proper finishers goals and the goal v Killie he’s just had a pop with his weaker foot, don’t think anyone else in the team does that from there. 

Hopefully he can keep it up he’s looking a lot better than what I expected and I expected him to be decent again 

Great statistical analysis of our season so far https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/2942697/stats-suggest-arbroath-win-championship/

Still a long way to go in the season.  As in most previous years, the gap between top and bottom in the Championship has closed significantly as the season progresses.  The top team in the Championship has accumulated only 2.2x the points tally of the bottom team compared with a similar ratio of well over 3+ for the three other divisions.   I think we see this increasingly as more points are dropped by the top teams than earlier in the season.  Basically there are definitely no easy games - any team can beat and certainly draw with any other in this league.   So Dick and co are right to concentrate on the challenge each game poses.   

Definitely more uplifting to be challenging in different playoffs than we were hoping for at the start of the season. 

Edited by farflung lichtie

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Jack Hamilton is some boy is he. 13 in 20 games for us. Can’t mind a guy with that good a record for a long time? Looks way fitter stronger and faster than before too. Nouble was next level but don’t think he scores any of the goals Hamilton has so far, maybe the first v Darvel cause he’d have had a field day skinning their centre halves but the goal v Raith, the last 2 v Darvel proper finishers goals and the goal v Killie he’s just had a pop with his weaker foot, don’t think anyone else in the team does that from there. 

Hopefully he can keep it up he’s looking a lot better than what I expected and I expected him to be decent again 

Agree with this.

I was happy but a wee bit apprehensive about him coming back. Obviously none of us saw him in the flesh first time round so couldn’t really see the full player and what he contributed beyond the goals (which as a centre forward is enough really). Add in the, not exactly glowing reports from Livi fans - slow, lazy, disinterested etc and I was thinking last seasons goal flurry may have just been an anomaly.

In reality though he’s even better than we could have hoped. Full of running and energy, sharp, physical, fully committed, constantly pressuring the defence and has an obvious eye for goal. Give him half a chance and he scores or makes the goalkeeper work at the very least.

Something must not be a good fit for him at Livingston.

43 minutes ago, Bandohope said:

A sick as a parrot Raith fan here hoping you go all the way and win the league 

If you go up I'll come back on here and arrange to pay for a junior season for a boy/girl who otherwise couldn't afford one

So best o luck

Nice touch 👍🏻

3 hours ago, Bandohope said:

A sick as a parrot Raith fan here hoping you go all the way and win the league 

If you go up I'll come back on here and arrange to pay for a junior season for a boy/girl who otherwise couldn't afford one

So best o luck

Post of the week.

Great to be reading all the goodwill from fellow football fans across the whole of Scotland - what an incredible time to be an Arbroath fan.

1 hour ago, stan3600 said:

“Former Celtic striker Leigh Griffiths is close to joining Scottish League 1 side Falkirk on a deal to the end of the season. (Sky Sports)” Anton Dowds has no luck. Maybe we can loan him back. Falkirk are a clown car.

Or it will be Dowds and Griffiths up front 

Got to get Nicky Low middle of the park. So frustrating watching us unable to string a couple of passes together and he’s standing a million miles out wide on his todd 

That was as bad as I’ve seen us in a long long time but we dug in and got a point so fair play