The Arbroath Thread

2 hours ago, DUAFC said:

You like your rules mate !!

😂😂😂

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Actually you may be correct. Apologies. I've just checked Round 3 and it did only block streaming to England. We weren't in Round 4 but someone from another club told me that it wasn't allowed to stream outside Scotland for it. As we weren't in it I haven't actually seen the instructions from the SFA for it and it's possible they were different as the tv contract is different once you hit round 4. But it's also possible it was exactly the same.

Just to be clear though, the blanket block from streaming into England is a UEFA rule and applies to all football on Saturday afternoons from 2:45pm on specific dates. It doesn't necessarily mean there are not additional commercial restrictions on streaming the Scottish Cup depending on what the tv contract says.

I haven't watched any football since 2014, I didn't consider how complicated it had become to watch just watch a game of football based on telly vs internet and then geographical location - kick-off time - competition etc

This is partly why I stopped watching, used to be a simple sport. 

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

1900 v St Johnstone albeit in August but that was a Sunday and in the League Cup which isn’t taken as seriously. Still hope Hibs fans will want to make a day of it

The St Johnstone game was on a lovely summers day with the standard early season optimism all round - St Johnstone coming off their best ever season and us happy with another year in the Championship. Direct trains from Perth c40 miles away.

Contrast this with if you’re a Hibs fan - your team are playing shite; if you’re going by train it’s an early start (have to build in loads of extra time as who knows what the replacement bus service will look like), on a dry train to Dundee; wait for replacement bus - how many will there be? How long will it take?   20 minutes someone said which is ludicrous. Even if you get off the train and straight onto a waiting bus that leaves immediately (all highly unlikely), it would take probably double that to get from Dundee train station to Arbroath train station.

So you get to Arbroath, how long do you have for a pint and maybe something to eat? You’ve got to try and “make a day of it” as it’s been pretty shit so far.

Post match (miserable after getting pumped oot the cup 😉) you then have to repeat this journey home. You likely have work tomorrow so can’t really get too pished and don’t want to get home too late.

Add in that it’ll more than likely be freezing and possibly wet and windy. The train costs a fortune and you have to also factor in the match ticket cost, and food and drink - likely we’ll over £100 for the day.

Or

You could watch it on the TV for free all dry and warm, in the pub or in your hoose.

Of course there will be plenty of Hibs fans who will be happy with that but to think the early Sunday kick off with no direct trains won’t have a big impact is daft.

Hi, I am a journalist studying at City of Glasgow College and have done a feature interview with your club secretary, Dr. Gary Callon on the club’s prospects in the Premiership. 

Thought I’d pop it on here incase any of you would be interested in reading

Link: https://www.cityliveglasgow.com/journalism/2022/1/27/arbroath-fc-the-prospects-of-the-scottish-premiership

Edited by MatthewM02

The St Johnstone game was on a lovely summers day with the standard early season optimism all round - St Johnstone coming off their best ever season and us happy with another year in the Championship. Direct trains from Perth c40 miles away.
Contrast this with if you’re a Hibs fan - your team are playing shite; if you’re going by train it’s an early start (have to build in loads of extra time as who knows what the replacement bus service will look like), on a dry train to Dundee; wait for replacement bus - how many will there be? How long will it take?   20 minutes someone said which is ludicrous. Even if you get off the train and straight onto a waiting bus that leaves immediately (all highly unlikely), it would take probably double that to get from Dundee train station to Arbroath train station.
So you get to Arbroath, how long do you have for a pint and maybe something to eat? You’ve got to try and “make a day of it” as it’s been pretty shit so far.
Post match (miserable after getting pumped oot the cup [emoji6]) you then have to repeat this journey home. You likely have work tomorrow so can’t really get too pished and don’t want to get home too late.
Add in that it’ll more than likely be freezing and possibly wet and windy. The train costs a fortune and you have to also factor in the match ticket cost, and food and drink - likely we’ll over £100 for the day.
Or
You could watch it on the TV for free all dry and warm, in the pub or in your hoose.
Of course there will be plenty of Hibs fans who will be happy with that but to think the early Sunday kick off with no direct trains won’t have a big impact is daft.

The train would’ve been dry and a fortune for st Johnstone fans as well [emoji23][emoji23] also were there not no trains on Sundays for ages last year as well?

5 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

The train would’ve been dry and a fortune for st Johnstone fans as well emoji23.pngemoji23.png also were there not no trains on Sundays for ages last year as well?

Seriously, do you have comprehension issues? That’s two replies in a row to my posts where you can’t seem to see the bigger picture.

It’s all these points added together not in isolation. Crap weather on its own - not a problem, dry trains - not a problem, early ko etc etc etc. Add it all up though and it starts to become a bit of a shit day oot.

Edited by Tattie36

Seriously, do you have comprehension issues? That’s two replies in a row to my posts where you can’t seem to see the bigger picture.
It’s all these points added together not in isolation. Crap weather on its own - not a problem, dry trains - not a problem, early ko etc etc etc. Add it all up though and it starts to become a bit of a shit day oot.

Personally think you are just looking for issues. Attendance will be fine [emoji4]

3 hours ago, Hayshead2 said:

Dylan Patterson.

Noticed he was on the bench for cup game on Saturday.

Has he been recalled, is that him back with us for the rest of the season ?

Just noticed the club have posted on FB that he’s joined Stirling Albion on loan for the remainder of the season. I really like what I’ve seen of him so far so would have liked him to have stayed. I wonder if this means there’s another loan imminent? If not then our squad is very thin - only 18 players I make it.

30 minutes ago, Farflung said:

Joel Nouble man of the match in Livingston’s win over Hibs. No surprise there.

Delighted for him. Hope he has an excellent season for Livi, and we miss him loads at Gayfield still even without a game. 😗