The Arbroath Thread

9 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Away to celebrate now, never forget c***s that f**k us over though.

Tbh Dundee fans love Caniggia etc - they love that knowing that that fucked over so many people in Dundee and peoples livelihoods and businesses - they celebrate those times and do not even take any of the above into consideration 

So it is a bit of a brass neck when you go on about that 

2 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

Seems my previous comment was rather poorly put across... I'm beginning to make a habit of it....:lol:

What I'm trying to get at is I find it bizarre coming on here to find out how were playing/ who's playing well/ badly, comments on tactics etc. from people who aren't at the game and can't possibly know these things. Having a go at boruc etc. For example when he's actually playing really well, but we've conceded several goals so the assumption is made he's been dreadful.

I am absolutely not, and would never mean to have a go at anyone for not being able to attend a football match due to finances or family commitments. I assumed that as a given, which I shouldn't have. :). Also previous post wasn't aimed at any individual, no offense meant to anyone.

Maybe I just made a needless comment about a mild annoyance of mine when we were, yet again, being easily beaten as frustration got the better of me....

Nope. Not believing this. You knew exactly what you meant by your comment. Trying to make out you are better than most of the support. 

Hopefully the radio silence from the club means there is a decision coming.....

If they go ahead with Wednesday it could get interesting,

Even resigning Mckenna, Gaston, ToB and so on, it wouldn't convince me that McIntyre has done enough to take is forward 

22 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

A top 6 earned with financial malpractice.  Evidently chosen to blow their money on wages rather than do the bare minimum on their stadium.

State of him coming on here, as you say can't even get their own playing surface in order, total embarrassment for the Scottish game. I wonder if he'll send us an email, then half an hour later send us another one changing his mind. 

All the best to Arbroath for next season! 👍

52 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Away to celebrate now, never forget c***s that f**k us over though.

I genuinely hope that as the years go by, you can find some form of peace in your life, carrying this amount of seethe about, must be exhausting

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Iv been told the chairman is on holiday so I wouldn’t expect an announcement.

No idea of that’s true of course

Is he in a cave with no signal 

Sorry to see you go lads.

Arbroath has always been a top away day and your fans have always been similarly top lads (genuinely all I've met have been sound as f**k).

Gayfield is an excellent ground and an absolute icon of Scottish football (the video of the wave soaking the lad taking a corner always makes me chuckle, and the steak and black pudding pies are stunning).

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, Diamonds Are Red said:

State of him coming on here, as you say can't even get their own playing surface in order, total embarrassment for the Scottish game. I wonder if he'll send us an email, then half an hour later send us another one changing his mind. 

All the best to Arbroath for next season! 👍

Pipe down, you're the franchise embarrassment, just like your Sevco big brothers.

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Sorry to see you go lads.

Arbroath has always been a top away day and your fans have always been similarly top lads (genuinely all I've met have been sound as f**k).

Gayfield is an excellent ground and an absolute icon of Scottish football (the video of the wave soaking the lad taking a corner always makes me chuckle, and the steak and black pudding pies are stunning).

“Lad”?

That was Bobby Linn! A king at Gayf 

1 hour ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Nope. Not believing this. You knew exactly what you meant by your comment. Trying to make out you are better than most of the support. 

If that's what you want to believe, you're entitled to do so, and my own fault for jumping in two footed while pissed off at half time in a game we were already beaten. :)

However, it is utter bollocks. I have absolutely no reason whatever to think I am 'better' than anyone, regardless of football. I consider myself extremely lucky and priviledged in many ways in life, including football wise where I'm in a position to go and watch us every week. Frankly I'd say I'm the luckiest Arbroath fan that's ever lived - born in a time we've won three titles and able to attend all the games in the seasons we did so? An absolute privilege.

My comment was regarding people commenting on players performances etc during games they're not watching. It just doesnt make any sense to me personally. Obviously we're all entitled to our opinions but I don't understand how someone can form an opinion on a game/ what's going on in a game they're not seeing. My personal view of it/ opinion. A lot of people disagree, entirely understandable, a big part of how my opinion is formed is probably because I'm lucky enough to never not see us play, so I don't really know anything else.

Anyway, there's a good chance you were simply looking for me to rise to your comment, which I have done so well played if so :lol:

6 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

They've had more liquidations, that much is true.

Shouting at me about embarrassments.

Irony fucking overload.

Thank you.

You got yourselves into 20 million pound worth of debt and won absolutely f**k all - fucking over a whole load of people in the process - you also celebrate these times as your glory years 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Anotherlichtie said:

What has Simon done for the club.

What have you brought to P & B.

I'll leave it there. 

20 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

What has Simon done for the club.

What have you brought to P & B.

I'll leave it there. 

Nuff said