The Arbroath Thread

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I do not know

I do know I did think there was some promising early signs

I do think that guys like Stewart, Dow and Gallagher - and also Colin Hamilton especially who could’ve been off to join Dick - obviously see something in the guy

I have met the guy and thought he was a top man

I think he’s had an absolute horror show to contend with - never seen anything like it injury wise in all my time supporting Arbroath 

I am not a massive fan and was calling for a change just a few weeks ago - but breaking it down and putting that into perspective who takes over? We do not know any of the plans McIntyre has in place 

So not going to be selfish enough to believe I think I’m right over everyone in the board room - he’s got a target for next year and I’ll judge him based off of that target 

Yeh people deserve chances, he has had a nightmare with injuries and so on,

But what bothers he has given no signs he can fix it 

1 minute ago, lichtiekev said:

Yeh people deserve chances, he has had a nightmare with injuries and so on,

But what bothers he has given no signs he can fix it 

I mean did you not think there was a change when he first come in? I think up until the Raith Rovers game - even then we somehow pulled off a result from nothing - there was definitely a positive vibe and signs of improvement 

The shit we had to contend with after that completely ruined it all though and I don’t think the job could’ve been any harder 

Posted (edited)

He made a good start, but ironically, his best work was when he was right down to the bare bones.  After he started getting players back, that's when it absolutely went to shit.

He's had a large squad available for months, and its just got worse.  1 win in 21 games.

Edited by ExiledLichtie

10 defeats (some batterings) in a row  ..and the rest…on what planet does the board feel that McIntyre is the guy for next season.

dont get me wrong glad that some of the soul of the team has signed on for more thank goodness otherwise this utter shambles would be even worse.

Has anyone anywhere heard a good word to say about this guy….

i can buy into dead rubber a little bit and he didn’t get a great hand wi all the injuries but really why is it ok that this dead rubber of a manager is so valued by our board what is he showing, really what on earth has he demonstrated to anyone that he can do a job for us.

he has contributed to ripping the spirit out of the club…aye well done Sir …and good on the board for backing him.

"Oh but he's clearly been backed by the board, so lets all just be happy and not complain.  Lets just make the best of it!  Look shiny new signings!"

Its such a Scottish attitude.  No complaints, just meek acceptance that our betters have made a decision, and so we shouldn't complain.  No wonder I fucking emigrated.

2 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Nah I'm sorry, 

Make all the excuses you want,

He has to go, 

Last 10 games

Zero points 

34 goals against 

7 goals scored,

Absolutely 100%, how the f**k can anyone defend this and what are the board watching?

11 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

He made a good start, but ironically, his best work was when he was right down to the bare bones.  After he started getting players back, that's when it absolutely went to shit.

Aye because he had to think about it and he has proven he hasn’t a clue…!

sure even I could put 11 boys on the park when only 11 to pick from..🙈

1 minute ago, RedLichtie86 said:

done the lord of the rings GIF

I feel like some small kid..you know you close your eyes and magically it all goes away.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Don’t care - roll on next season 

👍🏻

Well I’m sorry but I massively care about watching my club get humiliated week in week out.

These performances are completely unacceptable, they’re is absolutely no way, we can go into next season with this manager in place, the board must now see this, surely 

Here we go again. Another pumping. Continuous pointless McIntyre talk. Just accept the fact he's here for the summer and at least until October. As much as fans can moan and bitch about him all they want, it doesn't seem as if anything is going to alter the situation any time soon.

Anyway

Thank f**k the seasons over.

Onwards and hopefully upwards. 

1 minute ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Here we go again. Another pumping. Continuous pointless McIntyre talk. Just accept the fact he's here for the summer and at least until October. As much as fans can moan and bitch about him all they want, it doesn't seem as if anything is going to alter the situation any time soon.

Anyway

Thank f**k the seasons over.

Onwards and hopefully upwards. 

But surely these awful performances must move the dial, surely to f**k

2 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

12 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

"Oh but he's clearly been backed by the board, so lets all just be happy and not complain.  Lets just make the best of it!  Look shiny new signings!"

Its such a Scottish attitude.  No complaints, just meek acceptance that our betters have made a decision, and so we shouldn't complain.  No wonder I fucking emigrated.

Aha.

Just now, ecto said:

But surely these awful performances must move the dial, surely to f**k

If the fans just sit back and accept it then nothing will be done….im staggered that Jum can be so dreadful yet somehow there is a silver lining in there.