The Arbroath Thread

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

The £100 to play at Gayfield post has taken an interesting turn in the comments 👀

Do it at Ayr  every season end , manager always takes part either managing or playing , this year Scott Brown and Steven Whitaker will be involved in a playing  capacity , for our £100 we get to play on the pitch  , team introduced over the tannoy , get your playing kit name and number on back and keep the kit at full time followed by a buffet in the bar 

11 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Do it at Ayr  every season end , manager always takes part either managing or playing , this year Scott Brown and Steven Whitaker will be involved in a playing  capacity , for our £100 we get to play on the pitch  , team introduced over the tannoy , get your playing kit name and number on back and keep the kit at full time followed by a buffet in the bar 

Aye, in this deal, its more or less the same thing.  Food after, people get to keep the kits, if we hadn't had such a miserable season, nobody would be saying a word about it imo.

Edited by ExiledLichtie

4 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Aye, in this deal, its more or less the same thing.  Food after, people get to keep the kits, if we hadn't had such a miserable season, nobody would be saying a word about it imo.

Spot on

Im still buzzing about this Callum Gallagher rumour too - if he came him and McIntosh could be a real handful for L1 defences 

Obviously we cannot discuss anything like that officially until it’s done but if there is more like that in the pipeline then… dare I say promising 

Actually think ToB will be here too, I think he would be due a testimonial if he saw out his 3 years

14 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Agreed. We don’t have to complain about every single thing that’s announced or attempted. That’s a destructive habit. 

Edited by JoseMarooniho

Not a huge fan of Dow but he’s probably a good figure to have around the dressing room. Not a winger in a million years though, and is infuriating to watch playing there. Perhaps will see more of him in his preferred 10/attacking midfield since it seems McKenna is offski

So thats 9 signed so far for next season. (Unless they have clauses to go as some believe)

ToB, Walker, Steele

Dow, Stowe, Gold, Murray, Stewart

McIntosh

More please 

12 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

So thats 9 signed so far for next season. (Unless they have clauses to go as some believe)

ToB, Walker, Steele

McIntosh

More please 

Slater I think is signed 

1 hour ago, RedLichtie86 said:

ToB, Walker, Steele

McIntosh

More please 

When did Gold renew?

3 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

When did Gold renew?

Gold was already signed until end of next season 

eta - although be happy with an extension 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

5 hours ago, airdrieoldboy said:

I have a name for you - Calum Gallagher from us, top scorer League 1 last year with 24 goals !

Rumour quite strong in Airdrie on Saturday, we would hate to lose him but, he does need more game time.

If he was yer top scorer last year How's he no been getting a game this year?.... Injured?? 

11 minutes ago, Blablabla said:

If he was yer top scorer last year How's he no been getting a game this year?.... Injured?? 

Played in 43 games, mainly off bench though I think, also scored 9 goals - I am pretty sure he’s the only part time player at Airdrie 

10 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Played in 43 games, mainly off bench though I think, also scored 9 goals - I am pretty sure he’s the only part time player at Airdrie 

I think he scored against us in the 5-2 defeat last month