The Arbroath Thread

3-1 win at Crossgates tonight. Craigan, Lewis Toshney (Trislist) and a Nicky Low with a penalty. The boy Paterson looked decent and Low was also decent. The trialists didn’t show anything. Highlight of the night was a home fan going daft at the Ref for awarding the penalty. 

28 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

3-1 win at Crossgates tonight. Craigan, Lewis Toshney (Trislist) and a Nicky Low with a penalty. The boy Paterson looked decent and Low was also decent. The trialists didn’t show anything. Highlight of the night was a home fan going daft at the Ref for awarding the penalty. 

Centre back going mental at the most obvious of free kicks getting given was quite funny as well, as was Gaston chatting away with the kids behind his goal. And getting the tribalist Center half telt when he offered himself for a short goal kick ‘have you ever met the gaffer?’

43 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Surely Toshney was just helping out for numbers? No sure how he would manage to play for you lot and manage Downfield on a Saturday.

2 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Surely Toshney was just helping out for numbers? No sure how he would manage to play for you lot and manage Downfield on a Saturday.

I can only comment on what @Mr. Alli was saying on the Dundee thread but apparently Downfield are in a bit of turmoil/shambles/absolute state (delete as appropriate). I'd imagine if a club as high up the pyramid as Arbroath came calling, he'd be off like a shot. He took on the Downfield gig when he thought his career was done IIRC.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

I can only comment on what @Mr. Alli was saying on the Dundee thread but apparently Downfield are in a bit of turmoil/shambles/absolute state (delete as appropriate). I'd imagine if a club as high up the pyramid as Arbroath came calling, he'd be off like a shot. He took on the Downfield gig when he thought his career was done IIRC.

I see! I was just reading about him in the paper a couple weeks ago about that job and giving up the game am sure he said he didn't want yo put himself through all that again because he is always injured.

22 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Centre back going mental at the most obvious of free kicks getting given was quite funny as well, as was Gaston chatting away with the kids behind his goal. And getting the tribalist Center half telt when he offered himself for a short goal kick ‘have you ever met the gaffer?’

Gaston seems a great guy. I enjoyed the night, nice wee ground and the locals seemed friendly enough. Crossgates deserved their goal as well 

4 minutes ago, mo83 said:

I see! I was just reading about him in the paper a couple weeks ago about that job and giving up the game am sure he said he didn't want yo put himself through all that again because he is always injured.

I’d imagine he was just helping out 

The best thing about last night was just simply being back at a game, tidy wee ground and players looked like they needed a run out. Some of the triallists looked ok but would need to show more for us to offer anything i would think. Re Toshney, I wouldnt imagine he would just be helping out, not quite sure he is what we need but looked ok, a bit short of fitness.

32 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

The best thing about last night was just simply being back at a game, tidy wee ground and players looked like they needed a run out. Some of the triallists looked ok but would need to show more for us to offer anything i would think. Re Toshney, I wouldnt imagine he would just be helping out, not quite sure he is what we need but looked ok, a bit short of fitness.

Just reading on the evening telegraph website that he is looking to impress and get a deal. 
Also says we have friendlies against Livingston and Falkirk lined up before the Elgin game. 

I'd imagine there's going to be some speculation about one of your coaches leaving (whether there's any substance to it or not) for a bit now that Bobby Geddes has left us.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd imagine there's going to be some speculation about one of your coaches leaving (whether there's any substance to it or not) for a bit now that Bobby Geddes has left us.

Big Rab has been on the bench for us the last 2 friendlies 

41 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Big Rab has been on the bench for us the last 2 friendlies 

Well, we need a subbie keeper too! Geddes only left today.