The Arbroath Thread

19 hours ago, lichtiekev said:

Would be great if we managed to get another Miko or Williamson to allow Low to play a little further forward, think he has potential to be out creative spark this season,

TBH I think James Craigen could probably do that job, he gets stuck in and can pass a ball as well and seems to have a good engine on his plus he was a full-time player before, 36-0.

9 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

TBH I think James Craigen could probably do that job, he gets stuck in and can pass a ball as well and seems to have a good engine on his plus he was a full-time player before, 36-0.

Craigen can do just about any role,  man is versatile as f**k.

I think that may well be the best position for Craigen.

Gents, I see that you have signed Dylan Paterson. I coached this kid when he was younger and he is one of the best talents I have ever seen.  Went a wee bit wayward but if he doesn't nail down a starting slot and move on to bigger things I'll come up and get you all a fish supper!🤣🤣

Dislocated finger for gaston so hopefully not out for too long. I personally find it a bit concerning we’re a championship side with a supposedly healthy budget and we dont have enough players to fill the bench and we dont really have a recognised striker either.

Happy with the 3 signings brought in but they’re all from league 2 and below and we still effectively have the same squad that got us promoted 3 years ago. Although we will sign some loans come the start of the season i really thought we would have had 2 or 3 more signed players now from championship/good league 1 teams.

Still think we need a right back, holding midfielder, winger and a couple of strikers.

48 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Dislocated finger for gaston so hopefully not out for too long. I personally find it a bit concerning we’re a championship side with a supposedly healthy budget and we dont have enough players to fill the bench and we dont really have a recognised striker either.

Happy with the 3 signings brought in but they’re all from league 2 and below and we still effectively have the same squad that got us promoted 3 years ago. Although we will sign some loans come the start of the season i really thought we would have had 2 or 3 more signed players now from championship/good league 1 teams.

Still think we need a right back, holding midfielder, winger and a couple of strikers.

Says on the AFC website match report he popped it back into place once he came off so hopefully no serious damage 

Unless players are going from full time to part time we are not going to sign any Championship players.

If you look at our squad we signed Little - Queens Park, TOB, Swankie, Hilson - Forfar, Gold - Berwick, McKenna - Berwick, Linn - Junior. Plenty of talent in the lower leagues that can step up. It's not so easy to just go out and buy the best part time players up from the top clubs. They will be on decent money and a lot of the time the location etc suits them with their regular jobs.

I agree we need a few more players but it will take time.

No need to panic yet, who is there part time that would Improve our squad,
We are now against the likes of Queen of the South, morton, ayr Falkirk and so on competing with players instead of the other part time teams so it's gonna be harder,
I think it's fairly obvious what we need and I'm sure the management team are aware too