Germany vs Scotland

nelsjfc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am having a go at his accent mate more than anything and the fact that he was (in your words) pretty 'pish' for England at International level. Its a Scotland international so SKY should have Scots players on the panel in my opinion.

I'd disagree that he was pish at any level.

Anyhoo, I'd rather hear him than the likes of Gordon McQueen and his doom mongering.

45 years ago I watched on TV Scotland play West Germany in a World Cup qualifier in Hamburg. A fine attacking display by Brave (dontcha just hate that word?) Scotland was undermined by Mickey Mouse defending.

I would suggest that nothing has changed in 45 years.

That second German goal this evening was Primary School stuff.

45 years ago I watched on TV Scotland play West Germany in a World Cup qualifier in Hamburg. A fine attacking display by Brave (dontcha just hate that word?) Scotland was undermined by Mickey Mouse defending.

I would suggest that nothing has changed in 45 years.

That second German goal this evening was Primary School stuff.

Well the oppositions changed for starters

So many positives tonight under Strachan. Had the defence not switched off we could have came away with the point. I think that there is nothing to fear in this group now, as we went out tonight with what I think wasn't the strongest 11 Scotland have and ran Germany close.

I'd have started Naismith just behind the striker with Fletcher up top, but I think he isn't back to full fitness yet. The goal was a great well worked one too.

It was unlucky tonight, but it just goes to show you what a positive thinking manager can do for the team. We would have got spanked under Levein.

I'd disagree that he was pish at any level.

Anyhoo, I'd rather hear him than the likes of Gordon McQueen and his doom mongering.

Maybe you watched him from afar then. He was actually one of the biggest moaners and cheats ever to set foot on a football pitch and I am glad he's retired so I don't have to get wound up by him anymore at live games with his constant whinging to refs, time wasting etc. These days all I need is the remote to turn off his whinging scouse shite every time he speaks.

Stupid number of England caps yet hardly even threatened to win a championship at his club. He was lucky to get any caps in my opinion.

Gordon McQueen was ironically a far better footballer.

Yes we got beat but come on look at the bottle we played with keeping the same system against the Germans the world champs

We have to take confidence into the next game that we can go out and win it

Naismith was so unlucky hitting the edge of the post

If that goes in we are talking about another game

We gave it our all we cant ask anything more out of them tonight

Archived