General Election 2015

Ludo*1

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the girls at the back strangely look about the same age. Paid students perhaps?

Looks like I wasn't too far off the mark with my assumption. According to Natalie McGarry on Twitter they are all on the pay-roll.

Aye, fcuk them. Let's keep to just the true patriotic 45% next referendum as well, who needs turncoats.

Again, show me where I said that, provide the quote or shut up. You clearly pride yourself on how reasonable you are, well it is not reasonable behaviour to lie, completely misrepresent what someone has said, literally make something up, then respond to that all outraged.

That is the behaviour of an utter fanny, not someone reasonable.

Sometimes it just takes people longer Fuzzy.

Fine I accept that, but we had a chance, possibly the only chance we will ever get and certainly the only one we have ever had so far, to move away from all that. The same things these people have now said are making them vote SNP, we had a chance to end forever. And they said no to that.

Now they are voting SNP for reasons which were also true before the referendum, and a vote for the SNP now can't fix these things in the way in which a yes vote could have, it only gives us a small voice for one parliament, we will still be governed by these people who have contempt for us. So its hard to get excited about a couple of no voters voting SNP, and they're not exactly fucking heroes are they.

So you don't want anyone who voted NO to be allowed to change to a YES in future??? Good strategy, you surely must be a tory plant; if not thank God you are one lone loony voice

Fully agree. Rambling on about an UDI yesterday. :lol:

No rambling. I said Scotland will be in a position to theoretically declare UDI in a fortnight and that that will be the first time ever that's been the case. Which is a factual statement. I also said Scotland could fight for independence for the rest of time and still not be guaranteed to get it, also a factual statement. I suggested UDI could achieve that aim without the need for all that, another factual statement.

I think some folk on here are very reminiscent of the Labour party actually, you let your dislike of me cloud your judgement and respond to almost anything I say with hysterical nonsense same as Labour do with the SNP. Its pathological, you really need to take a look at yourselves imo.

No rambling. I said Scotland will be in a position to theoretically declare UDI in a fortnight and that that will be the first time ever that's been the case. Which is a factual statement. I also said Scotland could fight for independence for the rest of time and still not be guaranteed to get it, also a factual statement. I suggested UDI could achieve that aim without the need for all that, another factual statement.

I think some folk on here are very reminiscent of the Labour party actually, you let your dislike of me cloud your judgement and respond to almost anything I say with hysterical nonsense same as Labour do with the SNP. Its pathological, you really need to take a look at yourselves imo.

Voting a majority of snp MP's months after a resounding referendum defeat does not remotely entitle you to issue a UDI.

The result would be chaos and an absolute disaster for Scotland. The fact you would even contemplate it shows you up as a bit of a roaster tbh.

After the Indy ref defeat the only way we can conceivably become independent is another referendum.

Will it be though? There is no law, no act of parliament that says a majority of SNP MPs in Scotland gives the SNP the right to call a UDI - only a vague, half gentleman's agreement made in pre devolution days when such a feat was beyond impossible. The fact that a democratic vote was held on the subject 8 months ago would easily repel any argument from the SNP that they could legislate for such a UDI.

Voting a majority of snp MP's months after a resounding referendum defeat does not remotely entitle you to issue a UDI.

The result would be chaos and an absolute disaster for Scotland. The fact you would even contemplate it shows you up as a bit of a roaster tbh.

After the Indy ref defeat the only way we can conceivably become independent is another referendum.

Legally it does, with a majority at HR and WM within Scotland that becomes a viable option. I didn't say it wasn't filled with problems it obviously is but its a real, genuine option. Not something the SNP would do but nevertheless it will become an option open to them on May the 8th.

We face a hell of a lot of problems and a lot of mess for a long, long time anyway. I think UDI doesn't present any more than any other path we might go down, and gives us what we ultimately want.

Will it be though? There is no law, no act of parliament that says a majority of SNP MPs in Scotland gives the SNP the right to call a UDI - only a vague, half gentleman's agreement made in pre devolution days when such a feat was beyond impossible. The fact that a democratic vote was held on the subject 8 months ago would easily repel any argument from the SNP that they could legislate for such a UDI.

Morally you would have a strong case, but legally not. Its entirely legal for the SNP to do that should they choose to, but they wouldn't.

115,000 members.

Just let that sink in.

Before the vote the snp had about 20/25 ,000 members so Why have 90,000 people just decided they now like the snp maybe they just realized they like their polices or perhaps its that they want independance only think its clear what the winner will be

Before the vote the snp had about 20/25 ,000 members so Why have 90,000 people just decided they now like the snp maybe they just realized they like their polices or perhaps its that they want independance only think its clear what the winner will be

^^^ word salad

UDI as much as i'd love it is a pipe dream. Even the fundi wing are a more disciplined pragmatic gradualist beast these days.

I do feel that the indyref was possibly held five years too soon. To get so close was a victory in itself imo. That said, isn't it funny how things turn out and with the manner of the NO campaign with project fear and copious jam tomorrow, which we all know in Smith was rushed, illconceived and a panic measure, they have alienated many no voters. It wouldn't work again.

I'm not even sure the SNP had a grand plan along these lines but we're in uncharted waters now.

UDI as much as i'd love it is a pipe dream. Even the fundi wing are a more disciplined pragmatic gradualist beast these days.

I do feel that the indyref was possibly held five years too soon. To get so close was a victory in itself imo. That said, isn't it funny how things turn out and with the manner of the NO campaign with project fear and copious jam tomorrow, which we all know in Smith was rushed, illconceived and a panic measure, they have alienated many no voters. It wouldn't work again.

I'm not even sure the SNP had a grand plan along these lines but we're in uncharted waters now.

UDI is a pipe dream it will never happen, but I think it probably should. As independence will never happen potentially, so for me its independence by any means, we lost due to the most underhanded, disgusting smear and fear campaign ever, so I have no problem resorting to similar to achieve our aim.

It would be difficult and messy, but things are going to be difficult and messy anyway and we still might not get independence. With UDI we do.

I agree the referendum was held too soon but that was the sleekit UK government again, they said we will agree to a referendum as long as you hold it within 18 months. To convince people to break a 300 year old union in 18 months is very difficult. That was one of their tactics.

Ok...

UDI is a pipe dream it will never happen, but I think it probably should. As independence will never happen potentially, so for me its independence by any means, we lost due to the most underhanded, disgusting smear and fear campaign ever, so I have no problem resorting to similar to achieve our aim.

It would be difficult and messy, but things are going to be difficult and messy anyway and we still might not get independence. With UDI we do.

I agree the referendum was held too soon but that was the sleekit UK government again, they said we will agree to a referendum as long as you hold it within 18 months. To convince people to break a 300 year old union in 18 months is very difficult. That was one of their tactics.

So you would rather start Scotland off undemocratiically with possible widespread violence. Probably would have huge economic consequences and get a lot of international heat. You would describe this as a bit messy?

UDI 8 months after a referendum said no, and SNP giving it no mention in their manifesto and assuring the voters that this election is not about independence. Aye, that'll work. We might just get recognised by North Korea though I suppose.

Archived