Drink Drive limit to change in Scotland

FlyerTon

The Police here in Northern Ireland breathalyse you if you have been involved in an accident, even if someone crashes into you.

Do they do this in Scotland?

We have many crashes every year :rolleyes:. Although less firearms incidents than in you're warzone.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you took an average 17 year old and gave them 3 pints and then compared them to an average 60 year old who was sober, how do you think thy'd compare in trying to do an emergency stop?

Throw in having a couple of mates in the car and you have the most dangerous thing on the road.

Just ordered a breathalyser: http://www.alcosense.co.uk/alcosense-lite.html

The cops in Inverness say they'll be doing random morning checks over the next few weeks. It's the morning after when it's difficult to tell whether you're over the limit or not.

Don't think I'll be applying for any roles in their complaints dept. You know fine well that somebody will pass that home test and then get done by the police.

I dont get the people complaining, the drink drive limit shouldve been the same from the start, absolutely no need to have even ONE pint/wine etc when you are driving. It will also hopefully make people think twice about driving the next day after theyve had a humongous sesh the day before.

According to radio Scotland earlier 4 people were arrested on suspicion of drink driving and 3 were later charged.

Dundee, aberdeen, kirkcaldy and can't remember the 4th were the hot spots for drink driving in Scotland

I've just had about two thirds of a bottle of wine with my dinner.

At what point tomorrow will I be OK to drive?

Can I have a vodka later?

Well say your wine is 13% ABV

That would be:

13x500/1000 (13% vol x 500ml then divide by 1000)

6.5 units = 6.5 hrs + 1 hour

7.5 hours.

Although we've gone to the same limit as the likes of France, did you know they don't 'throw the book at you' in France if you are stopped between : 0.05% and 0.08% - you get fined €135 and 6 demerit points on driver's license, which can be suspended for 3 years maximum.

Only at 0.08% (and above) do you get: aggravated, criminal offence, license suspension for 3 years, €4500 fine, and up to 2 years imprisonment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drunk_driving_law_by_country

On this point, anyone know the last country to introduce a law banning drinking and driving/limits on how much you can drink?

The limit should be 0. No excuses

Pretty sure the only reason it isn't 0 is because it has to take account of natural alcohol levels in your body. You could probably breathalyse a tee totaller and they still wouldn't blow exactly 0

Archived