Drink Drive limit to change in Scotland

FlyerTon

The limit should be 0. No excuses

Pretty sure the only reason it isn't 0 is because it has to take account of natural alcohol levels in your body. You could probably breathalyse a tee totaller and they still wouldn't blow exactly 0

Oh Rico, you haven't been reading the papers, this was all covered.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure the only reason it isn't 0 is because it has to take account of natural alcohol levels in your body. You could probably breathalyse a tee totaller and they still wouldn't blow exactly 0

They need a bit allowance for chocolate liqueurs and that kind of shit.

This is going to hit my golf club hard. Around 20 boys play in our sweep and usually have a pint but everyone had coffee or juice yesterday.

This is going to hit my golf club hard. Around 20 boys play in our sweep and usually have a pint but everyone had coffee or juice yesterday.

Still plenty of profit to be made, probably even a higher %

you do know the difference between profit and turnover?

pubs would be delighted if everyone drank juice and coffee.

• 4 weeks later...

Not unless it's Bloody strong.

You're correct that there are many factors though.

http://www.craftbeer.com/beer-studies/blood-alcohol-content-calculator

1 pint = 20 fl oz.

That's an American site. There are only 16 fluid ounces in their pint, and the fluid ounces are a different size from ours too (~29.5 ml instead of ~28.4 ml)

Accordingly, using 20 fl oz in that calculator will overestimate the blood alcohol count - if you use 568 ml instead of working in fluid ounces, you'll get the correct answer

Quite a few, apparently.

I find this story a wee bit disturbing :

http://www.scotsman.com/news/transport/255-motorists-caught-in-drink-driving-push-1-3647867

I wonder how many of these people fell between the 50-80 range and foul of the new limits or would they all have still been done last year too? Likewise beforehand they never did quite release the stats of accidents caused within this range and exactly what this new law could be expected to achieve.

Quite a few, apparently.

I find this story a wee bit disturbing :

http://www.scotsman.com/news/transport/255-motorists-caught-in-drink-driving-push-1-3647867

You would think they would play up the pertinent bit to show how much drugs they've taken of the streets..

"The latest figures show a 27 per cent drop in the number of people behind the wheel while under the influence of drink or drugs, with 348 caught over the same period last year."

Drink or drugs.....

They are relating a Law referring to one with figures relating to both, terrible show by the rozzers imo.

Maybe they done less stoned drivers and the drink related ones remained the same? Can't tell with those statistics .

• 3 months later...

Archived