Jim Murphy

ForzaDundee

Murphy's political career is over if he resigns, unlike Clegg, Miliband and Farage. If he had any sense he'd try to go with a bit of dignity, because odds on his colleagues won't tolerate him hanging on for more than a few days now without some really embarrassing unnamed source quotes starting to appear in newspaper articles.

I dont think they bother with unnamed quotes. Davidson has already stuck the boot in and I'm sure there will be others lining up to do the same

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love murphy to stay on as leader. Who in the hell could take the job on anyway? Dugdale has proven inept already, the 2 other leadership contenders inspired absolutely no confidence. They've got no mps and a dearth of talent in Holyrood.

I think we could genuinely be seeing the death of Scottish Labour. I can't see any direction for them to go

Shite! I could have done a better job.

I start to feel sorry for politicians at this stage - Jim Murphy hasn't had a good time of it I feel bad for saying he looked and acted like a paedo

I start to feel sorry for politicians at this stage - Jim Murphy hasn't had a good time of it I feel bad for saying he looked and acted like a paedo

Nah, I only feel sorry for the few that were decent, the rest can go knock themselves out troughing in the real world.

If Murphy hangs on he will have to get results pretty quickly before civil ware breaks out in Scottish Labour.

But what can he do? Small policy shifts won't help Labour now. Holyrood election just a year away and incredibly he doesn't have a lot of time

I would love murphy to stay on as leader. Who in the hell could take the job on anyway? Dugdale has proven inept already, the 2 other leadership contenders inspired absolutely no confidence. They've got no mps and a dearth of talent in Holyrood.

I think we could genuinely be seeing the death of Scottish Labour. I can't see any direction for them to go

Was thinking about this, is there any chance of a break away Scot Labour group starting and maybe support the idea of Independence? Would that be possible?

Was thinking about this, is there any chance of a break away Scot Labour group starting and maybe support the idea of Independence? Would that be possible?

IMO Scottish Labour need to hunt New Labour and go it alone, I don't think it's a credible position for every Scottish Labour MP :) to be against independence, they are after all supposed to represent their electorate not ignore a lot of them.

If Murphy hangs on he will have to get results pretty quickly before civil ware breaks out in Scottish Labour.

But what can he do? Small policy shifts won't help Labour now. Holyrood election just a year away and incredibly he doesn't have a lot of time

Agree with this. I honestly can't see any way back for Labour in Scotland. The best they can hope for is that the SNP self destruct in some way. Can't see that happening any time soon either

IMO Scottish Labour need to hunt New Labour and go it alone, I don't think it's a credible position for every Scottish Labour MP :) to be against independence, they are after all supposed to represent their electorate not ignore a lot of them.

I think they're far too feart to do it but Labour should break away and embrace independence. Since when was it their raison d'etre to prop up a corrupt and outdated UK?

I think they're far too feart to do it but Labour should break away and embrace independence. Since when was it their raison d'etre to prop up a corrupt and outdated UK?

They don't need to embrace independence they just need allow their reps to think for themselves on the matter.

Archived