2015 Six Nations tournament

Bully Wee Villa

Just back from game. First thing to say is if you Look at territory, possession, chances etc Wales deserved to win.

However

That was absolutely a try, everyone can make mistakes but not going to the tmo is a joke. There was also easily enough time to restart the game. Cheating p***ks.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just back from game. First thing to say is if you Look at territory, possession, chances etc Wales deserved to win.

Territory and possession yes. But chances, no. Wales created few real chances. Id say at best they were equal but I think Scotland shaded it with a legitimate try disallowed for a knock on that never happened.

Referee was shocking but we were our own worst enemies at times, should have taken an easy 3 points on offer with around 10 to go to make it a 7 point game. I've not watched the game back yet but thought Webb's high tackle on Hidalgo-Clyne should have been a penalty try, was there any other Welsh player getting across?

Laidlaw needs punted, poor leadership and offers very little going forward. I'd start SHC against the Italians. Can't see us beating England or Ireland now.

Scotland are light years ahead of where they were under Williams or Hadden. A case could be made that their try against France was the best they've scored in decades.

Edit; Finn Russell, who once smashed my TV with a snow globe, has been cited for a dangerous tackle. I didn't know you could be cited for incidents you receive a yellow card for, but there you go. Evidentially the adjudicator feels he should have been sent off. Palpable nonsense, but players very rarely win these things and so he'll probably miss the Italy game.

Ref i agree was woeful. One thing that annoyed me about Scotland overall play was we continually tried to kick the ball high forward and on numerous occasions the welsh simply caught it and called for the mark. If we'd tried a few grubber kicks instead they can't call for the mark plus there's a good chance the bounce takes it away from the welsh.

Scotland are light years ahead of where they were under Williams or Hadden. A case could be made that their try against France was the best they've scored in decades.

Edit; Finn Russell, who once smashed my TV with a snow globe, has been cited for a dangerous tackle. I didn't know you could be cited for incidents you receive a yellow card for, but there you go. Evidentially the adjudicator feels he should have been sent off. Palpable nonsense, but players very rarely win these things and so he'll probably miss the Italy game.

Ridiculous rules in rugby. Russell is looking up for the ball then sees a Welsh player jump into him with no time to move out the way. Basic Welsh tactics to get players yellow carded.

Remember the days when people said football players should look at how rugby players behave when looking for fouls? Times have changed, International rugby has devolved into begging the referee for penalties. Scrums no longer end because if a team is dominant they will look for a penalty.

Mauls might be the stupidest thing ever. Sure it is part of forward play but you shouldn't be able to roll a maul, you should have to drive straight like at a scrum.Break off packs should immediately be called for obstrcuction. Also the ref should be quicker to force the ball out if the ball carrier stops moving forward.

Ridiculous rules in rugby. Russell is looking up for the ball then sees a Welsh player jump into him with no time to move out the way. Basic Welsh tactics to get players yellow carded.

When a player is in the air, you have responsibility for not colliding with them in a dangerous manner. Be it line outs or catching high balls.

Remember the days when people said football players should look at how rugby players behave when looking for fouls? Times have changed, International rugby has devolved into begging the referee for penalties. Scrums no longer end because if a team is dominant they will look for a penalty.

This ^ I honestly can't believe after all the crap refereeing decision that the one thing to be looked at afterwards is should a guy trying to protect himself from being layed out and who was punished there and then with a 10 minute sin binning which cost his team 10 points, massive momentum and ultimately the match...let's go back and hammer him some more even though 2 of our officials ref and TMO made an absolute arse of the game. You could hear the desperation to get a numerical advantage from minutes in Jonathan Davies commentary looking for yellow cards for repeated offences.....which he went strangely quiet on later especially around the 3rd offside decision after the ref had warned one more and it'll be a yellow card.

When a player is in the air, you have responsibility for not colliding with them in a dangerous manner. Be it line outs or catching high balls.

You have a responsibility to stay onside

You have a responsibility to not kick the ball away to stop a quick restart

You have a responsibility to not delay a restart by holding onto the ball.

You have a responsibility to not make and illegal tackle when last man.

Ref has a responsibility to yellow card or send off a man committing an illegal last man tackle

Ref has a responsibility to check with TMO whether there is reason to not award a good try

Ref has a responsibility to restart a game if clock has time remaining after score

None of these things happened but there's no punishment for them afterwards, Russell and his team are the only ones who has actually served a punishment there and then with the yellow card.

Absolutely stinks

When you jump you should have the responsibility to land safely. Look at the way Halfpenny jumps, everytime he kicks his feet out forward looking for contact. Unless you have a clear space you should only be allowed to jump straight up.

Ridiculous that Russell has been cited, and there has been no action taken against either Gethin Jenkins for his shoulder charge to Hogg's neck, or Liam Williams for the no-arms late hit on Hogg. Neither of those incidents were (apparently) spotted by any of the officials at the time, and have now been roundly ignored.

The officiating from yesterday's game is somehow getting worse even after the game is over.

What could russell have done? He ran for ball and when he knew he couldn't get it, he did not jump or tackle... and the welsh lad just jumped into him... its ridiculous. .

What about the welsh scrum half constantly whinging at the ref for pens when it was his own team matea lying on ball

Anyway fact is Scotland choked. Im sorry, but these players beat these welsh guys week in week out in pro 12.

Did you write into Danny baker on Saturday?

Archived