2015 Six Nations tournament

Bully Wee Villa

When you jump you should have the responsibility to land safely. Look at the way Halfpenny jumps, everytime he kicks his feet out forward looking for contact. Unless you have a clear space you should only be allowed to jump straight up.

Strange game isn't it....can't be many other sports where the guy protecting himself from his opponent launching himself 3 and a half feet off the ground knee first into his face is not only guilty of a foul but cited afterwards too. :lol:

post-9889-0-45923700-1424134936_thumb.jp

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still a bit raging about it. The ref was awful, but there are still too many basic mistakes being made. Another case of 'we lost, but the signs are encouraging'. I think that actually makes the defeats and simple errors harder to swallow.

Still a bit raging about it. The ref was awful, but there are still too many basic mistakes being made. Another case of 'we lost, but the signs are encouraging'. I think that actually makes the defeats and simple errors harder to swallow.

Yip. France x2, Australia, New Zealand and Wales in the last 15 months were all there for the taking and we've fallen short every time.

I can't see World Rugby letting Russell off without punishment. Would imagine Peter Horne would get the nod at 10 as he'll have a greater understanding with the predominantly Glasgow backs.

Richie Gray is out injured for the rest of the tournament too.

As is Jon Welch who broke a hand during Sunday's game.

And Gordon Reid's done his knee. Him and Welsh I can live with if we don't suffer injuries to our other props, as Grant can come in and we don't have any more Sunday games for Murray to miss.

There seems to be a debate following on from the Russell incident, in the press today. I think it's mad that Dan Biggar is waved of all responsibility for safety because he's in the air. If Russell didn't turn his back at the last minute he's taking a knee in the face. I'd argue that Biggar was also reckless in the way he challenged for the ball.

Yip. France x2, Australia, New Zealand and Wales in the last 15 months were all there for the taking and we've fallen short every time.

I can't see World Rugby letting Russell off without punishment. Would imagine Peter Horne would get the nod at 10 as he'll have a greater understanding with the predominantly Glasgow backs.

Richie Gray is out injured for the rest of the tournament too.

Horne was fantastic for Glasgow on Sunday in Italy. I'd be happy with that.

As is Jon Welch who broke a hand during Sunday's game.

His hand was stamped on from what I have heard(was at the game and not seen a replay of it) and that was meant to be the reason for Hamilton to lose the plot at the end.

Pascal Pape got 10 weeks for his knee into Heaslip's back. Should have been red carded at the time, if the officials thought it was accidental then it's not even a penalty, while if it was deliberate it's as clear a red card as you'll ever see. He would have got 15 weeks but had 5 weeks taken off of it because of his admission of guilt & expressions of remorse.

Cusiter back in the Scotland squad today.

Pleasing.

I was reading an interview in an Australian paper with Cotter some time ago. He talked about his very first training session, and he just stood on the sidelines. Didn't say a thing. Didn't organise any drills, nothing. He looked at who the guys were that took the lead, and based his captaincy from that. Safe to say, Laidlaw was the guy who made the biggest impression in that regards. It can be the only real reason - other than kicking - that he gets picked every time over a patently better scrum half. It also likely explains Kelly Brown's disappearance, however...

Archived