2015 Six Nations tournament

Bully Wee Villa

Did the majority of the current team not back a no vote? Upper class posh wanks

The rugby team can go take a flying f**k to itself 8)

Aye. And cretins like Gavin Hastings and Andy Nichol. Used to like Nichol because he would go out on a limb and defend Scotland even when others were laughing. Week pre referendum he endorses a No vote. Happy to be a region, hypocritical w@nker.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I look forward to seeing the proof of how the majority of the current team and fans voted? From what I saw one player was Yes and one was No. Yes Scotland were actually pretty active around Murrayfield last season but I don't recall any Better Together stalls.

Funnily enough I don't remember the Tartan Army being labelled as a bunch of No voting shitebags when a number of Scottish footballing personalities backed a No vote...

Great win for the proud independent sovereign nation of Italy. Usual sh1te from the tory nawbag regional team

How embarrassing.

Cusiter is our best 9 by a mile.

I genuinely can't understand why Laidlaw gets selected ahead of him, and as captain as well.

Because he's comfortably the better player.

No real surprises yesterday. Our games are and will continue to be largely the wooden spoon deciders. We just don't have the players to expect anything else. Sure we'll cause the occassional upset at home, we might even beat Ireland this year, but nothing more.

How embarrassing.

Because he's comfortably the better player.

No real surprises yesterday. Our games are and will continue to be largely the wooden spoon deciders. We just don't have the players to expect anything else. Sure we'll cause the occassional upset at home, we might even beat Ireland this year, but nothing more.

Laidlaw has a better kicking game than Cusiter, that's about it. When did Laidlaws ability with the boot last win Scotland a game? Cusiter is a far better scrum half. Quicker crisper delivery of the ball, better awareness of what's going on around him. Better understanding of the type of game the Glasgow based backs play. Laidlaw is slow and cumbersome and needs binned.

Pyrgos is a better scrum half than him also.

Great game, well deserved win, always happy to see the English stuffed.

Beat Wales and the Grand Slam is ours

How exactly are Ireland a region of the UK?

Not to be undiplomatic but there are the 6 counties, hence France and Italy are the nation states and the others are regions.

Two nations and 4 regions you mean

How exactly are Ireland a region of the UK?

I was taking Kiddy's trolling at face value for comic effect and assuming that "nation" could only mean "Sovereign nation state" which would mean that the Irish cricket and rugby teams would be representing a region just as the West Indies cricket team do.

True but the team are based out of Dublin

Bit of a hard one to pin down I suppose

The refusal to be pinned down on the thornier questions of national identity is one of the heartening things about Irish rugby.

Whether it's Ballymena Protestants standing to attention through the soldier song or a Galway Catholic captaining the "British Isles" the game has seemed to take a practical and flexible approach to these things.

Hopefully this longstanding spirit of mutual understanding and cooperation will all break down just before kick off at Murrayfield as I can't see anything else giving us a chance

Sexton off with a hamstring injury today. Huge loss for Ireland if he were to miss Wales match. Best outhalf in the six nations imo. Big drop in quality to Madigan/Keatley.

Completely changed the game today when he went off, I don't think Ireland would have been under nearly as much pressure if Sexton had stayed on.

Completely changed the game today when he went off, I don't think Ireland would have been under nearly as much pressure if Sexton had stayed on.

Good grief, the standard of stand-offs in shocking in the Six Nations. Sexton is by a mile the best of a drab bunch.

Good grief, the standard of stand-offs in shocking in the Six Nations. Sexton is by a mile the best of a drab bunch.

Just a touch off world class imo. He has a tendency to miss some simple kicks when the pressure is really on. Kicks that Wilkinson or Carter would not miss.

• 2 weeks later...

The trouble is... The minute we lose sexton, we fall apart. It's scary the difference on quality between him and Madigan. I used to be a fan of Madigan, but he ain't done much when he has been on this six nations, would much prefer to see keatley as a second choice.

Really looking forward to it this weekend though, hopefully 3 big games here with all of them trying to prove something. Just imagine though.. An Ireland and Scotland win, the party in Edinburgh next week would be quite something! But we can dream...

Archived