Who will you vote for at the 2015 General Election?

Elixir

Which party will get your vote in May?  

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's because UKIP have taken a share of the Tory vote in England. Labour and the Tories are neck and neck at the moment. Fwiw I think the SNP have done quite well in power in Scotland. Free prescriptions and school meals for p1 to p3 pupils are excellent policies to help the poor. What should not be forgotten is that it was Labour who introduced the minimum wage and working tax credits. 2 policies the Tories opposed. The 2 parties are not the same. Far from it.

No.... That's where both of us differ. I have forgotten what they did in the PAST. Now they are a party for austerity, renewal of Trident and fracking.

They have a silver spoon leader who wants to govern like Thatcher. There isn't much difference between the red Tories and the blue Tories for one simple reason. If Labour were to get back to their roots and lurch to left, they would be unelectable in right wing England. I'd rather have the Tories because at least they show some semblance of competency. Labour are a joke.

ETA can you please explain why the rise of UKIP and their massive haul of like 6 seats at the most really affects the graph I posted. Cheers.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No.... That's where both of us differ. I have forgotten what they did in the PAST. Now they are a party for austerity, renewal of Trident and fracking.

They have a silver spoon leader who wants to govern like Thatcher. There isn't much difference between the red Tories and the blue Tories for one simple reason. If Labour were to get back to their roots and lurch to left, they would be unelectable in right wing England. I'd rather have the Tories because at least they show some semblance of competency. Labour are a joke.

ETA can you please explain why the rise of UKIP and their massive haul of like 6 seats at the most really affects the graph I posted. Cheers.

UKIP will take votes from the Tories in close run seats benefitting Labour. They might not win a shed load of seats but their votes will affect the outcome of other seats closely contested by Tory and Labour

It's because UKIP have taken a share of the Tory vote in England. Labour and the Tories are neck and neck at the moment. Fwiw I think the SNP have done quite well in power in Scotland. Free prescriptions and school meals for p1 to p3 pupils are excellent policies to help the poor. What should not be forgotten is that it was Labour who introduced the minimum wage and working tax credits. 2 policies the Tories opposed. The 2 parties are not the same. Far from it.

Poor children already got free school meals, that only benefited the 'rich'.

If it's a hung parliament, the sitting government gets the first chance to form any potential coalition.

Also, I don't understand why anyone wouldn't tell the truth with regards to their voting intentions either online or over the phone.

That's the codified practice, yes. However if you look back to 2010, the Liberal Democrats made it clear that they would negotiate first with the party that won the most seats.

This year might be rather different because in 2010 you had a clear kingmaker party, whereas this time you have 3 or 4 parties all vying to hold varying degrees of power. We know the SNP won't support the Tories, and you can pretty much extend that to Plaid and the Greens as well, so you can more of less add their total on to what Labour get. The DUP and UKIP are the exact opposite, we know they probably will support the Tories and not Labour.

So basically you have LAB/SNP/PC/GRN/SDLP/Respect v CON/UKIP/DUP.

The interesting thing is that the question of whether one of these sides makes it to the magic number 326 is more or less proportional to how bad the Lib Dem collapse it. So if they can hold on to 40+ seats, then they'll still be the kingmakers, but if they lose any more than that then one of the two main parties will probably be able to form a government without relying on LD support.

I think the SNP have strategically weakened their position a bit by saying in as many words that they would only support a Labour administration.

It's still a good policy.

Its not a recent policy tho and that's what people are trying to point out to you.

Labour as it stands now would be exactly the same as the Tories in pandering to the right wing English vote.

Its not a recent policy tho and that's what people are trying to point out to you.

Labour as it stands now would be exactly the same as the Tories in pandering to the right wing English vote.

It only started last month and it's an SNP policy. Maybe you should read my post again

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-30671988

Archived