Dundee United vs Hamilton 11/04/15

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, both of you have posted that you havent attended games recently because we arent playing well. I think that in itself tells its own story

I don't blame anyone for missing games. Yesterday was a horrendous game and it's only down to the fact that I'm a sad c**t with nothing else to do that I headed up yesterday.

What people do with their own time is their choice. I wouldn't miss home games because we were playing poorly but that might just be blind fan behaviour on my part. I don't see myself as being a 'better' fan for going to every game so I don't like the "you aren't a true fan" stuff.

Similarly with booing, it divides people and you get the "I pay my money I can do what I want" brigade against the "aye but that isn't gonna help the players though is it?" crew. I'm generally not a booer but have been known to do it from time to time. What I would never do is ironically cheer players, something that did happen from a small minority yesterday aiming their cheers at Rado (who then turned in a MOTM performance). That is a bit of a minter.

I do think (just like not voting) if you didn't go to the game it doesn't afford you the same right to then to comment on what happened in the same way. If you didn't go then you can still comment but I will generally not listen to much of your 'analysis' of the current United team or performances. "eh that Bilate looked shite on the 30 second highlights on the internet". (this isn't the same as watching the game live on TV)

I do think (just like not voting) if you didn't go to the game it doesn't afford you the same right to then to comment on what happened in the same way.

Hence why I haven't slagged off Paton this week :rolleyes:

At the risk of repeating myself, fans who are unhappy with things that are happening at their club have very limited options when it comes to showing their disproval. Other than protests, which only occur when things have reached a critical level, staying away is about the only option.

I'd prefer folk to stayawayrather than boo the team tbh.

Of course some folk maybe think we should just be drones turning up, not complaint regardless of what is going on at the club.

That if you don't go to every single game, you aren't a genuine arab obvs!

I wonder how many 'genuine arabs' there are going by Twinkle's definition.

Id say you were trying to turn my words slightly. If people cant make the games due to financial constraints etc then so be it. What i struggle to agree with is people who dont go because we arent playing well. Yeah its not great viewing recently but surely as a supporter you have to take the bad with the good? I think as a club, we have been spoilt over the last few years, i just wished some of these people turned up the games when we are out of form. Im not a superfan by any stretch of the imagination but will turn out regardless whos in charge, what the team is, who the chairman is etc

My point may well be lost in translation somewhat however it would be great if more guys turned up for games regardless of our situation

What people do with their own time is their choice. I wouldn't miss home games because we were playing poorly but that might just be blind fan behaviour on my part. I don't see myself as being a 'better' fan for going to every game so I don't like the "you aren't a true fan" stuff.

Similarly with booing, it divides people and you get the "I pay my money I can do what I want" brigade against the "aye but that isn't gonna help the players though is it?" crew. I'm generally not a booer but have been known to do it from time to time. What I would never do is ironically cheer players, something that did happen from a small minority yesterday aiming their cheers at Rado (who then turned in a MOTM performance). That is a bit of a minter.

I do think (just like not voting) if you didn't go to the game it doesn't afford you the same right to then to comment on what happened in the same way. If you didn't go then you can still comment but I will generally not listen to much of your 'analysis' of the current United team or performances. "eh that Bilate looked shite on the 30 second highlights on the internet". (this isn't the same as watching the game live on TV)

Good sensible post - you should try it on mad and see what response you get.

And BTW, our defending!, McGowan and dicker just look off the pace. Someone said a good preseason is what they end and I reckon that's spot on.

Reading this thread,Dundee United fans are having the same arguments as Accies fans.Happy Clappers verses folk with more ambition,unwilling to accept the current situation.Thing is,a lot of those stay away Accies fans are folk who were there in the Division Three homeless era.There guys have been through all the crap and once they go,that's it.

The chance of a lifetime lost due to boardroom stubbornness.They won't forget this.Same for Arabs who witnessed the disgraceful decision of selling their 2 star players to a team they were due to play in a Cup Final.

Reading this thread,Dundee United fans are having the same arguments as Accies fans.Happy Clappers verses folk with more ambition,unwilling to accept the current situation.Thing is,a lot of those stay away Accies fans are folk who were there in the Division Three homeless era.There guys have been through all the crap and once they go,that's it.

The chance of a lifetime lost due to boardroom stubbornness.They won't forget this.Same for Arabs who witnessed the disgraceful decision of selling their 2 star players to a team they were due to play in a Cup Final.

Have you been in the George fox lower? Happy is not the word I would use to describe it.

Interesting point but I think our situation is slightly different. The 4 games vs cetic knocked the stuffing out of the team, as well as the confidence. The team need all the support they can get from the home fans, and do appreciate it. This is absolutely a mess of our own making, not helped by fans group statements that increase the pressure, but when your in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging. Getting behind the team will help with that.

In the long term, yeah if there isn't support for the manager in terms of brining in new players then folk will have to decide whether to spend their time and money on the team, but given we brought in what, 4 players in January we've no reason to think this will be the case. ( whether they were the right 4 players, again remains to be seen)

Tough times, but hopefully a short term blip, rather than the start of a long term trend.

Mon now. We played badly but you would have to be an utter shambles of a club to concede 6 in a game.

We are the shambles club right now, a win against Accies lifts the gloom but let's be honest- we are in a mess top to bottom. Jackie and Steven need to go, our team are devoid of any confidence and our players are shouting at fans (who have children with them) in the street.

Clean sweep required. What a difference a season makes.

Archived