Dundee United vs Hamilton 11/04/15

I think today is the last day I can muster up some positivity, I am on my last legs in that sense. If we lose this afternoon I'll be done in. Let's turn it all around!

I'm starting to get there. Perhaps unfair on balance, but Jackie has in some ways been found out. A clean fucking sheet would be an outstanding platform upon which to build. A goal from open play on top of that and we'll be fleein.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be absolutely flabbergasted if United lose this.

Prepare for your flabber to be gasted.

To be fair we've played well in short spells of recent games and have had zero luck with some of our play.

If we can stop the silly mistakes and get a break we' ll do ok today.

The Sportsound opening there reported McNamara as having said that the pitch at Tannadice has been costing us points.

I think that might be him through all the options of something else to blame, with the possible exception of the distraction of the historic meeting between Castro and Obama, which I expect to be the straw he clings to tonight.

Meh I'm happy enough with that. Morris and Souttar are probably going to cause a mistake between them that will cost us a goal but Souttar needs game time after the injury interruptions he's had this season and it's not like any combo of McGowan, Dillon or Fojut at centre-half has done any better lately. Spittal, Telfer and Connolly on from the start is good to see, even if it's likely that one of them (Connolly) will make way very early on to allow Anier to run around like a headless chicken once things inevitably start going wrong.

The random team generator may finally have come up trumps.

I 100% agree with this team so if we don't win its my fault

Well that's McNamara sorted for after the game. In a couple of hours the BBC report will be:

"McNamara points the blame at Invergowrie Arab after 9-1 drubbing from Hamilton."

Home tie against a team on a dreadful run of form and struggling to score goals, who's fans don't give them a chance of getting anything... this is a familiar scenario and it always ends the same way.

Someone who hasn't scored a goal for 6 years will score for them, they will keep their first clean sheet for months and their fans will say it's the best performance of the season.

On a positive note though, I do quite like that team. We might score a goal, maybe even from open play.

TBH I'm usually ok with the players sent out, it's the lack of plan, organization and teamwork that gets to me.

I'm assuming Fojut's knock hasn't cleared up, so another allegedly unfit player replaces him in the form of Morris. Though I notice that Dillon is also out, so maybe the pair of them have simply been dropped.

I've asked for Spits to play in the middle a few times, so am interested to see how he gets on.

Archived