Dundee United 2015/16 Season

We are at a low ebb at the moment, the club is hurting, and things are going wrong one after the other (see Deefiant's dossier for full list).

I know, however, that one day - maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but one day - there will be an occasion when a statement released by the club doesn't embarrass us even further.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are at a low ebb at the moment, the club is hurting, and things are going wrong one after the other (see Deefiant's dossier for full list).

I know, however, that one day - maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but one day - there will be an occasion when a statement released by the club doesn't embarrass us even further.

With a Spence seal of approval?

Take it that will be the wee group of twenty teenagers we saw marching down from The Snug the other night? They can f**k right off.

Morgan Academy students I'm hearing.

Deefiant, in between ratnamara getting punted and Mixu appointed there should be the embarrassment of asking all and sundry to be manager. Only to go crawling to the fifth choice, and possibly the only guy who wanted to be associated with these beasts.

I'll drop this in here because I think there may be some sort of discussion about the manager in between protests and Dundee fans gloating.  My thoughts on Ray McKinnon after he left Brechin.

Not saying we're anything like United in the behind the scenes stuff that's going on but on the park we weren't up to much when Ray took over.

Not sure where to start after reading some of the comments in the last few pages from certain posters (scary bear being the most prominant i think).  The way a few are writing on here its as if you were expecting Jurgen Klopp to be appointed once he's finished with Dortmund?  Funny that some Dunfermline fans as well putting down McKinnon because he's done 'f**k all' yet their vastly experienced managment team of Jeffries and Potter finished in the lofty heights of 7th this season 3 places behind Ray 'I've done nothing of note' McKinnon. :rolleyes:

As 'Steve has mentioned when Ray took over from Jim Weir, Brechin were languishing in the lower half of the table and didn't look like they knew their own team mates.  But after two weeks in charge (international break) Brechin got back to winning ways and Ray had the team playing for each other.  His strength is getting the best out of the players he had at the Glebe and this was epitomised with Bobby Barr this season.  In the first third of the season Barr was running hot and cold, when he played well, the team played well and vice versa.  Ray, Grant and Darren took him to one side to have a chat with him and from then on he's been one of our best players.  Depending on which guys are kept / still under contract at Raith and under performed last season I'm sure Ray and his team will get them working to the best of their abilities.  Your operating budget will no doubt be larger than Brechin's which will allow a better quality of player to be signed but he's got his contacts with Dundee United and Aberdeen so the odd loan player from higher divisions will help in departments that you're short in.

The season that McKinnon did badly in was plighted with injuries to key players (i think our lowest was naming 13 fit players with 3 injured guys being named on the bench!) but it was also hampered by releasing Gary Fusco and bringing in a couple of guys called Stuart Anderson and Alan Walker......now where did they come from i wonder! ;) Whilst they were more in the style that Ray wanted to bring into the midfield, at this level they failed miserably and moved on pretty sharpish.  Other than that, his loan signings worked well at this level, Darren Petrie, Kyle McAusland (before Dunfermline ruined him), Jamie Masson, Craig Wighton etc etc

With a full summer to assess the current squad and bring in some new guys I would like to think that Raith will be up the top end of the table even with the number of good quality sides in the division.

All the best to the Scottish Mourihno :thumsup2

Hope he does well for you guys :)

Archived