The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think he mostly, if not entirely, played as a winger in Ireland.

He might well get opportunities higher up on the left... but when Strapp was injured last year, we were treated to the spectacle of Robbie Muirhead and Sean McGinty ‘filling in’ there... unbelievable Geoff...

11 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

He might well get opportunities higher up on the left... but when Strapp was injured last year, we were treated to the spectacle of Robbie Muirhead and Sean McGinty ‘filling in’ there... unbelievable Geoff...

Why didn't we hound the c**t for that? Muirhead at left back. In hindsight - wow.

17 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think he mostly, if not entirely, played as a winger in Ireland.

One of the Finn Harps fans on our FB page said he played mostly LB/LWB but had the occasional appearance further forward. 

Can't say I've ever heard of him but he was mainly a sub last season and scored more than anyone in our team.

An upgrade for sure, whether it's enough of an upgrade I have no idea so I'm neither up nor down on this one at the minute.

16 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Never heard of Ugwu but he sounds like the sort of physical forward player we have lacked for a long time.

There's his Rovers highlight reel. As you can see, he was decent that night down in Dumfries.

Ugwu is an absolute tank. Great for bullying defenders, although this does see him concede quite a lot of fouls. His main weakness is that he is not very mobile so will need someone playing off him. 

I was veering towards keeping him,although wasn't too despondent that he left. He has his limitations, but there is a player there. 

49 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Upgrade on Orsi and a different type of player to Oliver... but I’d hoped for better in that position. 

Not sure we can expect better to be honest. Any proven striker at this level up here will be snapped up by the bigger teams in this division or the division above.

Guy has played and score goals at League 1 and 2 level  down south and scored nearly 40 goals in the conference.  65 goals in 185 starts is a very decent record.

He was injured last pre season and never got going until Jan. Hopefully he gets a good pre-season under his belt and kicks on.

Ugwu was a bit unfortunate with injuries in the early part of last season and in a shortened season, it made it more difficult than normal to get fully up to speed. 

He can certainly produce moments of magic, like his back heel at Tynecastle and his clincher against the Pars, and paired with a more mobile partner, he could be a decent signing. 

Also comes across as being a very polite and decent person. 

If that's a millions logo, I'm out.

Bit unusual to show off a 3rd kit before new home and away ones... As I'm sure they said we were getting.

Normally not a fan of changing the badge colours but you'll probably struggle to find 2 Morton kits with the exact same badge/colours on them in the last decade anyway, and I quite like the look of that one.

1 hour ago, madton said:

Not sure we can expect better to be honest. Any proven striker at this level up here will be snapped up by the bigger teams in this division or the division above.

Guy has played and score goals at League 1 and 2 level  down south and scored nearly 40 goals in the conference.  65 goals in 185 starts is a very decent record.

He was injured last pre season and never got going until Jan. Hopefully he gets a good pre-season under his belt and kicks on.

Aye, I’m maybe being a bit optimistic... but nobody was in any doubt that last year’s squad wasn’t good enough and we’re still waiting on any signings that are clear, decisive upgrades in midfield and up front (not to mention replacing the goalkeeper).

46 minutes ago, #Gary said:

If that's a millions logo, I'm out.

Bit unusual to show off a 3rd kit before new home and away ones... As I'm sure they said we were getting.

Normally not a fan of changing the badge colours but you'll probably struggle to find 2 Morton kits with the exact same badge/colours on them in the last decade anyway, and I quite like the look of that one.

The away one this season is the 3rd navy top from last season.

Afternoon lads. I'm just cracking on with a bit of prep for tomorrow night's stream. Is Chris Wylie your only signed keeper, or is Jamie Butler still lying around the bin sheds or something at Cappielow? 

I won't be able to name any trialists on the stream obviously, but any word on who you guys are looking at for the No.1 shirt? I wondered if you might get Scott Fox back again, but he played for Motherwell at the weekend against us.

5 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Afternoon lads. I'm just cracking on with a bit of prep for tomorrow night's stream. Is Chris Wylie your only signed keeper, or is Jamie Butler still lying around the bin sheds or something at Cappielow? 

I won't be able to name any trialists on the stream obviously, but any word on who you guys are looking at for the No.1 shirt? I wondered if you might get Scott Fox back again, but he played for Motherwell at the weekend against us.

From what I understand, Jamie Butler has left. Morton don't feel the need to give us this information right enough.

Cameron Mason is the only keeper I've seen us linked with. He played in the national league down south.

Ps they've just put a teaser up for the new home kit with an all gold badge and a nod to the 100 year anniversary of the Scottish cup win. I don't know how to do your fancy twitter links so I'll leave that to someone else.

Edited by #Gary