The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

6 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

The demise of the mentalness of the Darvel thread has thrust you lads into pole position in the race to be the most entertaining thread on P & B. Compelling viewing.

If only that was actually true.

Truth is there's a single, unhinged poster we're all pretty much bored to f**k with; the opposite of 'compelling viewing'...

4 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

The demise of the mentalness of the Darvel thread has thrust you lads into pole position in the race to be the most entertaining thread on P & B. Compelling viewing.

Morton deserve credit for at least keeping a single thread. Think there's been like three different incarnations of the Darvel thread.

On 03/03/2024 at 11:49, DreamOakTree1 said:

Dougie's pre-match statement was completely out of character to the extent I knew we were losing the match before a ball was kicked. It was inexplicable for him to express his worry that we could be dragged into the relegation battle, and that we were three points away from our target of safety.

Big Dunc must've thought his team talk was already done for him, as he would surely have told his players to go for an early goal to cement the negative mindset Dougie had given his players.

This on a day when we could've gone into 3rd place, was almost unfathomable from Dougie. I say almost because the only reason I can think of is that Dougie was worried about making the expectation levels too high, which could make him victim of his own success. He could be looking at the board's target of 16th place in Scotland and thinking our best run in years has got us to that position and he's maybe got us punching above our weight. So subconsciously or otherwise he wanted to get everyone's feet back on the ground, and the direct unavoidable consequence was the run ending.

This is the polar opposite of him stating before the Scottish Cup Draw "We'll take anyone at Cappielow". You could see the players starting the game against Motherwell with the belief that Dougie had given them, just as you could see them start yesterday's match on an absolute downer.

I hope I'm right that this is just a one off error by Dougie, and that he get's back to his natural positive self before Tuesday's match.

Please stop digging.  You clearly have a problem with Dougie for some reason.  The rest of us don't.  You are implying that Dougie wanted us to lose that game. That and your sycophantic love-in with Brian Graham are beyond the pale.  Maybe best to take a few days off before you spontaneously combust.

22 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Please stop digging.  You clearly have a problem with Dougie for some reason.  The rest of us don't.  You are implying that Dougie wanted us to lose that game. That and your sycophantic love-in with Brian Graham are beyond the pale.  Maybe best to take a few days off before you spontaneously combust.

Just ignore him, if no one replies to him, he might just f**k off....

Dougie's pre-match statement was completely out of character to the extent I knew we were losing the match before a ball was kicked. It was inexplicable for him to express his worry that we could be dragged into the relegation battle, and that we were three points away from our target of safety.

Big Dunc must've thought his team talk was already done for him, as he would surely have told his players to go for an early goal to cement the negative mindset Dougie had given his players.

This on a day when we could've gone into 3rd place, was almost unfathomable from Dougie. I say almost because the only reason I can think of is that Dougie was worried about making the expectation levels too high, which could make him victim of his own success. He could be looking at the board's target of 16th place in Scotland and thinking our best run in years has got us to that position and he's maybe got us punching above our weight. So subconsciously or otherwise he wanted to get everyone's feet back on the ground, and the direct unavoidable consequence was the run ending.

This is the polar opposite of him stating before the Scottish Cup Draw "We'll take anyone at Cappielow". You could see the players starting the game against Motherwell with the belief that Dougie had given them, just as you could see them start yesterday's match on an absolute downer.

I hope I'm right that this is just a one off error by Dougie, and that he get's back to his natural positive self before Tuesday's match.

You really are an absolute fanny 🤣

Just f**k off ya knob and stop making an arse of yourself.

38 minutes ago, Passionate said:

I see George Oakley was out with an oblique injury,   nasty that could be his season gone...  Good player too,is he signed up for Morton next season.

He expects to be back playing in the very near future.

39 minutes ago, Passionate said:

I see George Oakley was out with an oblique injury,   nasty that could be his season gone...  Good player too,is he signed up for Morton next season.

Your hatchet man Taylor-Sinclair completely to blame for it. I hope Oakley's back in time for the return fixture.

5 minutes ago, Mr Toon said:

He expects to be back playing in the very near future.

Better be if you lot want to make the play-offs.

5 hours ago, Scosha said:

Your hatchet man Taylor-Sinclair completely to blame for it. I hope Oakley's back in time for the return fixture.

Dundee United-Morton thread for this pish (bizarrely)