When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

820 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Crùbag said:

Younger females turning towards Independence. With support around or above 50% for indy, if the EU nationals get the vote like they did last time, who'd bet against us seeing the end of incompetent and corrupt Westminster rule in the next few years?

A new campaign starting at 50% support is a pretty good springboard.

http://www.thenational.scot/news/16981601.new-study-reveals-surge-in-independence-support-among-young-women

You do realize the "they don't know how they'd vote" brigade is just there to give the UK Government enough scope for further rigging?

32 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

I didn’t really know where to post this, but if this sight doesn’t make you feel like you need an independent Scotland, I don’t know what will.

IMG_5388.jpg

Imagine in some parallel universe these two mated.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Reading through his usual bullshit style I saw only two main assertions.

The first that the Scottish people do not want Independence.  I agree with that as things stand but 1) that may change quickly in the event of a disaster out Brexit and 2) it does not mean that the SNP should change their raison d’etre.

The second was that the SNP has failed on many fronts.  Since all these criticisms are mainly due to lack of funds, and since we won’t control our budgets until we achieve Independence, I think it’s a false argument.  Nonetheless it’s one that he and his ilk have used before and will use again and again.

Wilson fails to acknowledge, and therefore critically question, why support for the SNP is still so high after so many years in government and after the defeat in the Referendum.  He would do his readers more justice if he examined the causes.

Wilson, Foulkes and "politicians" of that ilk share an escalating  hatred of the SNP and independence largely informed by bitterness and booze......

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Reading through his usual bullshit style I saw only two main assertions.

The first that the Scottish people do not want Independence.  I agree with that as things stand but 1) that may change quickly in the event of a disaster out Brexit and 2) it does not mean that the SNP should change their raison d’etre.

The second was that the SNP has failed on many fronts.  Since all these criticisms are mainly due to lack of funds, and since we won’t control our budgets until we achieve Independence, I think it’s a false argument.  Nonetheless it’s one that he and his ilk have used before and will use again and again.

Wilson fails to acknowledge, and therefore critically question, why support for the SNP is still so high after so many years in government and after the defeat in the Referendum.  He would do his readers more justice if he examined the causes.

The first - I think this conclusion could be your, and SNP/Scottish Nationalist major mistake. That a bad Brexit  = increase in indy voting. 

The second - The SNP at Holyrood are becoming less popular, and with a smaller pool of voters. Where people might have voted for them as an alternative to main parties, now mainly nationalists will vote for them.

Instead of asking  why the support for SNP still high, you would be better off asking why support for independence in Scotland hasn't grown. And having a think that perhaps watching a bad Brexit = why would we do that to ourselves twice? 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

I've asked this before, but what do people get out of deliberately looking thick as f**k on a message board? How fucked must your life be if that's seen as something worth doing?

I appreciate that typing things out can help the thought process, but please keep your monologues internal.