When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 04/03/2020 at 03:13, John Lambies Doos said:

Coronovirus will probably speed up independence

You probably couldn't be further from the truth. It's more likely to push Globalism than the break up of States.

45 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
8 hours ago, sjc said:
You probably couldn't be further from the truth. It's more likely to push Globalism than the break up of States.

That wasn't my point

Sorry, you've lost me. What was your point? 

Did 'the English' vote make all the difference in 2014?  Absolutely and thank f**k for it.
Do the empty-headed Natters still resent it?  Quite clearly.
But still it's all about 'civic nationalism' eh?
So you've posted pish, doubled down on it and sarcastically claimed that your pish is an example of "civic nationalism". I believe the term for this is "gaslighting".

It's not that simple people get more conservative (small c) as they get older.

The last great gamble for older generations was Right to Buy and now we’re stuck with a permanent rentier class that have no stake in the system. Think that’s why you see Tories openly discussing boundary changes and voter suppression. They’ve nothing left to offer apart from that and shifting blame on to foreigners.

1 hour ago, Geez a Braco said:

The Conservative option was remaining in the EU yet older folk voted in their droves for leave

It's a divide based largely on nationalism.    

They've lived it previously, probably impervious to all the doom n gloom. 

21 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

They've lived it previously, probably impervious to all the doom n gloom. 

Their parents did, the boomers have been living off the EU assisted boost in prosperity until they retired, often with pensions millennials could only dream of.

Edited by welshbairn

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Their parents did, the boomers have been living off the EU assisted boost in prosperity until they retired, often with pensions millennials could only dream of.

It was only 45 years ago, plenty lived it. 

7 hours ago, Geez a Braco said:

The older generation vote No and will be the one's dying.  

3 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
7 hours ago, Geez a Braco said:
The older generation vote No and will be the one's dying.  

That was my point.

With you now. Although as we're already seeing, organisations like WHO, the IMF and World Bank are keen to use the situation to benefit the globalists.

A wee description of the Scottish Unionist I seen on social media and it's the best description I've seen yet.

The trouble with being a Scottish unionist is you have to hope Scotland fails at everything just to justify your position, it’s not a great position, your not a “proud Scot”, you hope the oil runs out, or at least you hope the price of oil goes down, you hope the NHS fails, you hope your kids education is poor to prove your point, you hope the weather causes chaos so you can blame the Scottish government, you take great pleasure when your country is treated abysmally, ladies and gentlemen that is the true face of the Scottish Unionist, one who bends the knee to his English “overlords”,

“an idiot race to honour lost, who know them best, despise them most” Robert Burns.

A wee description of the Scottish Unionist I seen on social media and it's the best description I've seen yet.
The trouble with being a Scottish unionist is you have to hope Scotland fails at everything just to justify your position, it’s not a great position, your not a “proud Scot”, you hope the oil runs out, or at least you hope the price of oil goes down, you hope the NHS fails, you hope your kids education is poor to prove your point, you hope the weather causes chaos so you can blame the Scottish government, you take great pleasure when your country is treated abysmally, ladies and gentlemen that is the true face of the Scottish Unionist, one who bends the knee to his English “overlords”,
“an idiot race to honour lost, who know them best, despise them most” Robert Burns.

That’s only true of the very worst type of unionist.

The very worst nationalist probably hopes for failure of the UK state to prove their point.

It isn’t helpful to take the caricature unionist and say that’s unionism. It won’t win the argument.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

That’s only true of the very worst type of unionist.

The very worst nationalist probably hopes for failure of the UK state to prove their point.

It isn’t helpful to take the caricature unionist and say that’s unionism. It won’t win the argument.

The problem is that only “the worse type of unionist” seem to have an online presence (on forums, Twitter, Facebook) and only “the worse type of unionist” seem to rise to the top of UK political parties. I’ve often wondered where the more reasonable anti-independence folk are these days and what they make of unionism being hijacked almost entirely by the far right, gammons, and Brexiters.

The problem is that only “the worse type of unionist” seem to have an online presence (on forums, Twitter, Facebook) and only “the worse type of unionist” seem to rise to the top of UK political parties. I’ve often wondered where the more reasonable anti-independence folk are these days and what they make of unionism being hijacked almost entirely by the far right, gammons, and Brexiters.

Well using twitter and Facebook for your representation of just about any demographic is probably a mistake.

6 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

It is when it comes down to it, something that most people just feel in their guts. I'm a nationalist because I feel Scottish.

And that's Natterism in a nutshell and why I despise it.

I am just as Scottish as you.  I 'feel' just as Scottish as you.  I, though, am so secure in my Scottishness that I have no desire to partition the country.

We outward looking Unionist Scots recognise that our country was, pound for pound, the most influential nation on the planet by dint of our shared sovereignty with England going back 400 years and have no desire to regress.

I am just as Scottish as you.  I 'feel' just as Scottish as you.  I, though, am so secure in my Scottishness that I have no desire to partition the country.
We outward looking Unionist Scots recognise that our country was, pound for pound, the most influential nation on the planet by dint of our shared sovereignty with England going back 400 years and have no desire to regress.
How many different and cringeworthy definitions have you given "Natterism" recently?

Usually scuttling away for a while once someone points out what an arse of it you have made.... Here's hoping.

6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

So much Little Britonism in one post. No one has denied that you’re Scottish, so the rush to screech about and defend your Scottishness is pretty telling. The fact that you don’t even see Scotland as a country (absolutely no one is talking about partitioning Scotland, so presumably your country is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, which has already been partitioned) is, sadly, endemic amongst Scots. And that touchy and unprovoked need to display your credentials by claiming that Scotland both is and isn’t a country, but by jingo thanks to mother England it’s the MOST INFLUENTIAL one on the planet, is likewise revealing of your own incoherent nationalism. To claim that British Nationalists are outward looking having just smashed up the EU is a bit laughable. The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Edited by Antlion